Far Cry: Instincts Predator Discussion

Tha Xecutioner

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I've had this game now for a while since I loooooved the PC and Xbox version and it is my favorite FPS, but lately all it's done is collect dust. I am going to get back into this game so I was wondering if anyone besides me has the game on here and if you want to set up some games sometime? My gamertag is xThaXecutionerx and I am pretty much always on.

I just started playing this last night. It's not bad at all. I'm not familiar with the whole backstory, so I'm gonna lost as to why Jack is just running through the jungle.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I can play tonight 6pm PT and on...[/quote]

I can't be on Live til Saturday at the earliest (going out of town), but we definitely need to get some games going then.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I just started playing this last night. It's not bad at all. I'm not familiar with the whole backstory, so I'm gonna lost as to why Jack is just running through the jungle.[/quote]
Dude who used to be in some war or conflict or something is now taking it easy by being like a guide for that island by renting out his boat for people and driving them around. Mercs on the island attack his boat and he ends up on shore. They know who he is and who the girl that is with him is so they try to capture him.

What I loved about both of the Xbox games is the fact that they had a different story than the PC version. To be honest- if somehow the Xbox could get PC graphics (don't have a 360 yet)- I'd probably never touch the PC version again.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Dude who used to be in some war or conflict or something is now taking it easy by being like a guide for that island by renting out his boat for people and driving them around. Mercs on the island attack his boat and he ends up on shore. They know who he is and who the girl that is with him is so they try to capture him.[/quote]

Ahh, see that's where I was confused. I have this for the PC and I remember it being different. I never played the PC version for more than about 10 minutes though and now this one seems much different.

For those who beat the evolution, On the mission where you have to find doyle by following his blood, I followed on trail, which leads to a tree with water around it that emits blue smoke, to a little campsite with a tent, fire, and blood, with only a trail going back, which seems to loop around. I know im doing something wrong, and this is pissing me off. Where do I go?

Eastside I think I remember having trouble in that level too, but I can't remember exactly where to go. I do remember trying to explore the open area too much and it was a path through the woods that I was looking for I think.

If that doesn't do it look low. I know there was a level where I found somethign by uncovering an underground tunnel though I think that was just a weapon stash.

I'd love to play.. EXCEPT THE GAME WON'T fuckING STOP FREEZING ON MY XBOX!!!

I really miss playing it for hours on end on XBox Live (the first Far Cry).

[quote name='Scorch']I'd love to play.. EXCEPT THE GAME WON'T fuckING STOP FREEZING ON MY XBOX!!!

I really miss playing it for hours on end on XBox Live (the first Far Cry).[/quote]
Yeah those claymore stunts we used to do were awesome

Anybody else find the aiming to be frustrating on the 360 version? I'm really trying to get into this game (and finish it before the GS trade-in ends on 7/4), but the right stick is so unresponsive for me that it seems like I'm aiming with a digital controller. There's no smooth progression in the range of movement. For that matter, there's no progression at all. It goes from very slight movement all the way to maximum speed. I can't seem to get the reticle to move in the middle ranges of speed.

I really like every other aspect of the game, but the controls are pissing me off enough for me to quit playing.

i would also like to play with some other people but then again there is no one on live to play against.

Old thread revived? The patch is up? Damn im too lazy to look (and wife is using 360) but this game has collected dust in hopes for the patch.

Went to the Ubisoft forum and they said that the patch was out on Thursday. I'll go see if GameCrazy still has it for $26.99 used and if they have any used copies. I've been wanting this game since the $30 deal at BestBuy but was never able to make the trip out and get it. I'll wait until it hits $25 - $30.

The controls are a bit better now, not perfect but way better then before. Looks like I'll be keeping this game for a fun online game here and there.

i had this game from playasia, but it would freeze/restart after I beat the 3 or 4th level. I just got a new us copy from eb...i am down for playing online for some matches

Nice to see that people finally play this game again. I'm restricted to Live on weekends, but, for sure, I will be up for some Predator and Steal the Sample come Friday.

bread's done
Back