Far Cry Instincts Predator XBOX360 - $29.99 BESTBUY.com

I just remembered that I got the PC version of Far Cry for free when I bought my mobo and I've never installed it. Oh well, I guess I'll own two versions of it.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I just remembered that I got the PC version of Far Cry for free when I bought my mobo and I've never installed it. Oh well, I guess I'll own two versions of it.[/QUOTE]

Was that the Athlon 64 mobo/CPU combo? 64bit Far cry rules

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Was that the Athlon 64 mobo/CPU combo? 64bit Far cry rules[/quote] Yep. From Newegg.com
I got the Asus K8V SE Deluxe and the 754(?) pin 3200+. I'm still using them to this day.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Yep. From Newegg.com
I got the Asus K8V SE Deluxe and the 754(?) pin 3200+. I'm still using them to this day.[/QUOTE]

I've got three systems of that config, great deal.

I had a little problem with getting a SATA hard drive to work with the motherboard (and that was due to poor documentation in the manual), but other then that I'm still loving my PC. I'm still able to get modern day games to run with most settings on a combination medium and high in 1280*1024 and get an almost rock solid framerate (I have an X800 Pro and 1 GB of RAM).

picked up both farcry and tombraider at my local BB for $29 ea.
two games for the price of one wohoo!!

I'm sure this has been posted already, but while I was at Best Buy yesterday getting Tomb Raider for $30, I noticed this also was $30 in store.

Now listed as $40 new and $35 used at EB Games.com I guess that will be instore to, price tags may not be updated from what I saw at my local EB over the weekend.

I was kind of expecting a universal drop to $30.

Its just a little sticky the analog control is. Feels like the right stick is stuck in mud and is too fast all the sudden. And no ammount of messing around with the stick sensitivity works.

Overall i'm glad i got it cause its actually much better than the PC version of the game. Now i dont even know if i wanna open up Tombraider since i got that with Farcry.

Now if only Hitman droped to 30 would i be happy.

I got it and while I don't think there is a delay eitehr, something just seems a little bit off with the controls. The aiming isn't very precise at any of the 10 speed settings for me. Still a fun game, but this is definitely something that some people won't be able to live with. Hopefully I will get used to the controls and this won't be a big issue

hmm im looking to pick it up for 25 after ggc but i dont get how to use the ggc. do i buy a ggc with 30 dollars in it and i get 5 dollars off so then ill have 5 dollars left in the card? can some1 explain it to me?

[quote name='mrblinG22']hmm im looking to pick it up for 25 after ggc but i dont get how to use the ggc. do i buy a ggc with 30 dollars in it and i get 5 dollars off so then ill have 5 dollars left in the card? can some1 explain it to me?[/QUOTE]

A GGC is like any other gift card but comes in a CD like case. You activate the card itself at the register with any amount of $'s you want. Some people put close to the amount of the game they are about to buy on the card. I usually grab 3-4 and put $5 on each and use them at my next visit. The actual coupon is made of cardboard that you cut out and is what the gift card is stuck on. It's very obvious when you see one.

[quote name='FSUEagles']A GGC is like any other gift card but comes in a CD like case. You activate the card itself at the register with any amount of $'s you want. Some people put close to the amount of the game they are about to buy on the card. I usually grab 3-4 and put $5 on each and use them at my next visit. The actual coupon is made of cardboard that you cut out and is what the gift card is stuck on. It's very obvious when you see one.[/quote]

so in this case i buy 5 ggc's with $5 on each and give the cardboard coupon to the cashier?

[quote name='tenzor']Yeah I am also waiting for Hitman to drop, at the rate these 360 games have been dropping (Tomb Raider, Kameo, Perfect Dark, PGR3, Ridge Racer etc), I think we might have our price drop on Hitman real soon[/quote]

I didn't catch it..did PGR3 drop across the whole market? If so, to what? Thanks in advance

[quote name='Rezzy']I didn't catch it..did PGR3 drop across the whole market? If so, to what? Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Yes, I personally saw it marked down at Target today and circuitcity.com has it listed at $29.99. Bestbuy.com is still listing it at $49.99 though so they must not have dropped it yet.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yes, I personally saw it marked down at Target today and circuitcity.com has it listed at $29.99. Bestbuy.com is still listing it at $49.99 though so they must not have dropped it yet.[/quote]

ah okay...thanks much

ill be waiting for that to drop to 19.99...then ill pick it up again =D

[quote name='mrblinG22']so in this case i buy 5 ggc's with $5 on each and give the cardboard coupon to the cashier?[/QUOTE]

You can buy 1 or you can buy 5 - each gift card comes in its own CD plastic case. You cannot buy (most of the time) the gift card and use the coupon in the same transaction. Best Buys frown upon that. You have to either go back through the line, preferably another cashier, or come back later. I pick up my GGC's at a time that I'm not even buying a game - usually DVD's - and I use them at a later date.

[quote name='seanr1221']We need to get some CAG games going soon...I can barely find anyone to play with :/[/QUOTE]

I'll hop back onto XBL soon and we can play.

[quote name='FSUEagles']You can buy 1 or you can buy 5 - each gift card comes in its own CD plastic case. You cannot buy (most of the time) the gift card and use the coupon in the same transaction. Best Buys frown upon that. You have to either go back through the line, preferably another cashier, or come back later. I pick up my GGC's at a time that I'm not even buying a game - usually DVD's - and I use them at a later date.[/QUOTE]

To clarify further: Once you purchase the GGC and put your $5 on it; bring the GGC back to the store, along with the $5 coupon that came with it and use them both to purchase your game:

Game price: $29.99
GGC amount: -$5.00 (this is a wash since you paid this out for the GGC)
Coupon amt: -$5.00
Net due: $19.99

So in the end you have saved $5 on the purchase of the game.

[quote name='FSUEagles']You can buy 1 or you can buy 5 [/quote]

if i buy one do i put 25 dollars on it? and then give them the 5 dollar coupon?

[quote name='Sku Rhim']To clarify further: Once you purchase the GGC and put your $5 on it; bring the GGC back to the store, along with the $5 coupon that came with it and use them both to purchase your game:

Game price: $29.99
GGC amount: -$5.00 (this is a wash since you paid this out for the GGC)
Coupon amt: -$5.00
Net due: $9.99

So in the end you have saved $5 on the purchase of the game.[/quote]

i think im getting it now. i just buy a ggc with $5 on it?

[quote name='mrblinG22']if i buy one do i put 25 dollars on it? and then give them the 5 dollar coupon?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can put down $25 on Gift card (any amount you wanted) but i do recommanded pickup 5 gift cards & put $5 on each card. Return back to the store pickup the game and use all $5 gift cards w/ $5 off coupon. That only way you got 4 more coupons for future purchase ;)

[quote name='Masterkyo']Yes, you can put down $25 on Gift card (any amount you wanted) but i do recommanded pickup 5 gift cards & put $5 on each card. Return back to the store pickup the game and use all $5 gift cards w/ $5 off coupon. That only way you got 4 more coupons for future purchase ;)[/quote]

thanks guys, i got it now. off to best buy ! :D

I would have jumped on this a month ago, but now I've got Dead Rising and Ninety Nine Nights to play. I also have the upcoming Enchanted Arms and Saint's Row to look forward to.

God, it's so tempting though!

I may have gotten this off of this forum, but can't you use this for your Far Cry purchase?

"Link to fraudulent coupon removed."

[quote name='myiamoto']I may have gotten this off of this forum, but can't you use this for your Far Cry purchase?

"Link to fraudulent coupon removed."[/QUOTE]

Looks like a photoshop to me, but if thats the case thats nice and i'm gonna go try it out. Prey would be awesome to get for 40 bucks.

[quote name='myiamoto']I may have gotten this off of this forum, but can't you use this for your Far Cry purchase?

"Link to fraudulent coupon removed."[/quote]

wow, looks legit, thanks!

[quote name='myiamoto']It does look like a photoshop now that you mention it. Let me know if it works for anyone.[/QUOTE]

It's fake, I work at best buy and we have been instructed to not accept this coupon. It has been photoshopped.

[quote name='Staind204']It's fake, I work at best buy and we have been instructed to not accept this coupon. It has been photoshopped.[/quote]

:cry: shoot

I hate to be a killjoy but Best Buy raised the price back up to $39.99. In-store and on the website. Saw it at the Best Buy in Eagan MN today (8/22) and on their website as well.

bread's done
Back