FarCry Predator is getting a title-update!

METH

CAGiversary!
Online FarCry fans rejoice! Ubisoft will be releasing a title-update on xbox live early next week...

Here's what i've found on the ubi's forums:

Here is a summary of some of the issues it addresses:

-Controls will be more responsive than before (in all game modes)
-Faster and smoother thumb stick response (in network games)
-Reduced the analog thumb stick dead zone from 35% to 24%
-Fixed Rich Presence (Xbox Live status)
-Support for more than 64 save games (including user maps) – the limit is now as many saves as will fit on your storage device
-Fixed voice chat lag with high number of players
-Can change game type in game lobby
-Fixed occasional issue where no weapon appears in hand
-Fixed occasional issue where players are disconnected from lobby and game session
-Fixed occasional problems when joining from friends list

Source: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4881084714/m/2911015374

hurray! They are fixing things that should have been fixed before launch. Remember when developers released games that were bug tested before they sold?

Believe me games get bug tested... it's the marketing and their unrealistic street dates that screws eveeryone up.

Trust me ;)

[quote name='Purkeynator']hurray! They are fixing things that should have been fixed before launch. Remember when developers released games that were bug tested before they sold?[/quote]

:roll: Since these problems just started occuring with Xbox 360 games right?

You are lucky that companies now have the ability to easily fix problems like this and people aren't stuck with a semi-broken game anymore.

Fixed occasional issue where no weapon appears in hand

Occasional? This happens to me 3 or 4 times a match.

i am happy that they didnt just forget the game altogether...it couldnt have been timed better since the price drop just occured

[quote name='Jedi1979']i am happy that they didnt just forget the game altogether...it couldnt have been timed better since the price drop just occured[/QUOTE]

I got a feeling it's timed like that on purpose.

[quote name='mtxbass1']:roll: Since these problems just started occuring with Xbox 360 games right?

You are lucky that companies now have the ability to easily fix problems like this and people aren't stuck with a semi-broken game anymore.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree and am happy to hear about the update as I recently picked it up.

[quote name='METH']Online FarCry fans rejoice! Ubisoft will be releasing a title-update on xbox live early next week...

Here's what i've found on the ubi's forums:

Here is a summary of some of the issues it addresses:

-Controls will be more responsive than before (in all game modes)
-Faster and smoother thumb stick response (in network games)
-Reduced the analog thumb stick dead zone from 35% to 24%
-Fixed Rich Presence (Xbox Live status)
-Support for more than 64 save games (including user maps) – the limit is now as many saves as will fit on your storage device
-Fixed voice chat lag with high number of players
-Can change game type in game lobby
-Fixed occasional issue where no weapon appears in hand
-Fixed occasional issue where players are disconnected from lobby and game session
-Fixed occasional problems when joining from friends list

Source: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4881084714/m/2911015374[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, thats awesome!

THANK THE GODS.

I hate the control stick sensitivity in that game (along with PDZ). Needs to control more like Quake 4 / Halo, etc (much smoother transition from standing still to twirling around instead of half slow, half ludicrous speed)

UBI FTW

I got the game in the mail today, but I want to finish King Kong and wait for the patch before I start playing. I'll be up for some XBL games in a few days.

[quote name='mtxbass1']:roll: Since these problems just started occuring with Xbox 360 games right?

You are lucky that companies now have the ability to easily fix problems like this and people aren't stuck with a semi-broken game anymore.[/QUOTE]

This ain't PC gaming mate. PC games are sold for $40 to work with dozens of graphics cards and processors, memory configurations, and hard drives. Patches come out soon after launch due to incompatibilities. This is console gaming where I expect a $60 launch game to come without so many bugs since there is only one hardware configuration standard, across the board. There is adding features via updates and then there is having your customers bug test your games for you.

[quote name='Purkeynator']This ain't PC gaming mate. PC games are sold for $40 to work with dozens of graphics cards and processors, memory configurations, and hard drives. Patches come out soon after launch due to incompatibilities. This is console gaming where I expect a $60 launch game to come without so many bugs since there is only one hardware configuration standard, across the board. There is adding features via updates and then there is having your customers bug test your games for you.[/quote]

Do you have any experience with developing software at all? I'm guessing you don't.

[quote name='Purkeynator']hurray! They are fixing things that should have been fixed before launch. Remember when developers released games that were bug tested before they sold?[/QUOTE]

You're so right. Remember all those wicked awesome bug free SNES and Genesis games? Those played completely flawless. They never had any bugs or glitches what so ever.

We'll bitch about anything. If a company offers to fix something, we bite the hand that feeds and demand they release the product "complete". Then, we'll bitch about the game being delayed for months and how we'd prefer an occasional patch if it meant it showed up months early.

[quote name='terribledeli']You're so right. Remember all those wicked awesome bug free SNES and Genesis games? Those played completely flawless. They never had any bugs or glitches what so ever.

We'll bitch about anything. If a company offers to fix something, we bite the hand that feeds and demand they release the product "complete". Then, we'll bitch about the game being delayed for months and how we'd prefer an occasional patch if it meant it showed up months early.[/QUOTE]

lol, timestamp

I would have been happy with waiting for the 360 so it wouldn't explode on so many people. I'm happy with waiting til 2007 for Halo 3 so it gets the finale it deserves.

One in a bazillion, right here, folks. The only guy on the intarweb who doesn't mind waiting.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Yeah and you do[/quote]

Then you should know that there is absolutely no way that every bug can be found in a product before release. Especially when you have a publisher/developer breathing down your neck to get the game out the door. Everyone wants it to work out of the box (that's a given) but it's just simply not going to happen now. I would be willing to wager that nearly 70% of all 360/PS3 games will require an update of some sort. Wether it be something as simple as a multiplayer "patch", or a major bug fix, it's bound to happen. As development schedules get tightened, you can only look for this to occur more in the future. I'm just glad that developers are addressing the issues. They don't have to do this. They already have your money.

bread's done
Back