"Farketing" = Fanboyism to the extreme. "a FREE Marketing Agent"

Mookyjooky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (100%)
I was thinking the other day that there is minor fanboyism, and major fanboyism with no real discrepancy between them.

I believe that to a minor degree we have ALL been a "Farketer" at one time or another.

"Farketing" : the act of fanboyism so severe, that the fanboy should be on the company's / industry's / policy's marketing team.

Also known as "Free Marketing Agent" or "F'cking Bullshit"

Examples of Farketing:

"When the PS3 Home is released it will put the nail in Microsoft's coffin"
"Bioshock 2 will be only for the 360, so you should get that system"
"Wii Fit is a serious workout program, and you should get one to lose wieght"

This is mearly a defence mechanism to make personal sense of the speaker's decision, and projecting it on to other users in a way so extreme, it's pretty much a flat out lie.

I see it in gaming obviously, but it applies to anything, it applies extremely well to politics.

"The Patriot Act does not inflict on our rights"

I just believe that the word Fanboy gets thrown around a lot, but there are some fanboys so severe, that they should be on a payroll of some sort, so I created a silly name for them.

What do you guys think?

I can see that. There's definitely too much Farketing here, hard to take any suggestions or recommendations seriously anymore as so many are from fanboys who always recommends the latest killer app for "their" console etc.

Just have to read the forums enough to be familiar with who's opinions to pay no attention to I guess.

I recently turned down job that calls it "guerilla marketing". I knew what they were up to just by the job description. I hate to discourage something so blindly, without any sort of facts to back it up... but i think it's good marketing, but poor business ethics.

I think defense is spelled with an 's' unless you wish to live under the monarchy again.

EDIT: Really, though, I don't think you're saying anything that hasn't been said already. It's nice and neat and concise, sure, but also somewhat incomplete. After all, there are undoubtedly stealth marketers amongst us, but also those who really think that 360/PS3/Wii "sucks" and shouldn't be bought. Just because someone is living in a post-hoc world where they have to justify their purchase decisions to others doesn't mean they're guilty as marketers.

Any conversation had by folks who want to say, for instance, that the PS3 Orange Box is broken or inferior (or some similar nonsense, like talking ad nauseum about visual differences in the GTAIV versions) - let 'em, and fuck 'em. I'm not paying any more attention to them than I am banner ads.

Those are seriously some shitty examples, compared to some extreme fanboyism. Just go check out N4G comments on ANY THING anti-Sony. I mean, Haze aka "Halo Killer" was supposed to be their glory and pride, when it turned out to be shit all of em "knew it all along." Or they hated BiopShock with a passion, until it was announced for PS3 and then they all went to preorder it. Just check it our its a funny read. But its so goddamned frustrating, because whatever happens their behind their system and theres no changing it. N4G as an example, you have a bunch of idiots running around who would support Sony even if they were to stomp on their own Mother's graves.

Bioshock 2 will be only for the 360, so you should get that system"
"Wii Fit is a serious workout program, and you should get one to lose wieght''

Look what you did! Now I have to go buy wii fit and lose some wieght!

[quote name='Strell']Quit farketing for yellow and red, douchebag. Those hurt my eyes no matter what fancy spins you try to say.[/quote]

Yellow and Red is the only way to get a point across. Duh!

bread's done
Back