Fast Five Steelbook at Best Buy $24.99 10/4

[quote name='blindinglights']Is this Best Buy exclusive?[/QUOTE]Probably is. When BB gets steelbooks, they tend to be BB exclusives here in the US.

Occasionally Walmart will get a steelbook version of a movie (RE movies, RE Degenration, Battle LA), though when one vendor gets a steelbook, that's it for anyone else getting it.

Last edited by a moderator:
so are we thinking we can snag this off the shelf release day? or is gonna be like Salt and gone instantly??

I want this film, but I didn't need this film :lol:

[quote name='shrike4242']Probably is. When BB gets steelbooks, they tend to be BB exclusives here in the US.

Occasionally Walmart will get a steelbook version of a movie (RE movies, RE Degenration, District 9), though when one vendor gets a steelbook, that's it for anyone else getting it.[/QUOTE]

District 9 had a steelbook? GOD DAMN IT!!!!:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

The page is no longer available. I was waiting until I could pre-order for in store pickup (didn't want it shipped in a bubble mailer). Anybody have any knowledge if this will be in stores on 10/4?

I'm hopeful that they are just using the other artwork now. If this is true, $19.99 for a Blu-ray combo pack steelbook is a darn good price IMO.

Guess we'll have to wait until someone can post the flyer for next week.

Good to hear it's in the ad and it's $19.99.

I pre-ordered it online because the store had no clue about ordering it in-store, since the pre-order card (a paper guide about the cars used in the movie) didn't allow you to pick which one you pre-ordered. Previously, the pre-order cards had multiple SKUs to pick from to pick which version you wanted (DVD or BD) and you'd pre-order that one. This time, not the case, so there was no way to pre-order the steelbook in-store.

Hopefully my online pre-order will show the $19.99 price and it'll actually be the steelbook when it ships out.

I just went ahead and did a preorder for in-store pickup going by the only $19.99 version on the website and what is shown in next week's ad for $19.99. Hopefully it will be the correct one since that ad is not showing any other combo pack besides the steelbook.

[quote name='Taco5']I just went ahead and did a preorder for in-store pickup going by the only $19.99 version on the website and what is shown in next week's ad for $19.99. Hopefully it will be the correct one since that ad is not showing any other combo pack besides the steelbook.[/QUOTE]Never assume it's a steelbook until you're at the store and can see it first-hand. I've had them make mistakes in pulling incorrect product, like they did for the Salt steelbook. That made a whole other mess in trying to find it, since it was a very low quantity they had in-store, and had to go to another store to fix the issue.

[quote name='shrike4242']Never assume it's a steelbook until you're at the store and can see it first-hand. I've had them make mistakes in pulling incorrect product, like they did for the Salt steelbook. That made a whole other mess in trying to find it, since it was a very low quantity they had in-store, and had to go to another store to fix the issue.[/QUOTE]

I have an in at the Best Buy I shop at. They know what to pull for me each week.

[quote name='Taco5']I have an in at the Best Buy I shop at. They know what to pull for me each week.[/QUOTE]Must be nice to have that in at a BB store.

[quote name='shrike4242']Must be nice to have that in at a BB store.[/QUOTE]

LOL! Remember Norm from "Cheers"? That's me walking into Best Buy! :)

wow, the ad show 'min. 2 per store' never really see a min. that low..usually just 10. Well I got a plan to be at one store by 11am, then if need be, rush to 2 more within 30 mins just to nab this.

What is strange is the pre-order 'car guide' book only had one UPC to scan for 3 different versions. I didn't do it, maybe should have, wonder if at the POS it lets you select version you want. But if that 2 includes pre-orders, that is going to be fuck -ed up!

[quote name='token2k6']wow, the ad show 'min. 2 per store' never really see a min. that low..usually just 10. Well I got a plan to be at one store by 11am, then if need be, rush to 2 more within 30 mins just to nab this.

What is strange is the pre-order 'car guide' book only had one UPC to scan for 3 different versions. I didn't do it, maybe should have, wonder if at the POS it lets you select version you want. But if that 2 includes pre-orders, that is going to be fuck -ed up![/QUOTE]

Yes, you just get the $5.00 off any version, not a specific one hence only the one UPC. Works with the pre-orders for in-store pickup as well. I've done it many times before.

Now the website is showing the steelbook and as "coming soon":

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Fast+Five+Combo+Steelbook-Ext+Ed+-+Blu-ray+Disc/3415337.p?id=2271307&skuId=3415337&st=fast five&lp=4&cp=1

My pre-order from BB.com appears to have dropped in price to $19.99, so I should be getting $5 + tax back on my credit card. I called them about it earlier, though it had shipped on Friday and the price change happened overnight between last night and this morning.

[quote name='thelwig14']Zero interest in it now.[/QUOTE]

i've never bought one of these steelbooks before..whats bad about it being G1?

[quote name='jterp7']i've never bought one of these steelbooks before..whats bad about it being G1?[/QUOTE]

DVD sized case instead of Blu.

[quote name='Trakan']DVD sized case instead of Blu.[/QUOTE]They did this for Hurt Locker and the same amount of bitching came up, though it pretty much sold out immediately upon release and commands a bit of a premium on the 3rd party market.

With a minimum of 2 per store, I'm expecting this one to likely be the same limited quantities on release, DVD-sized or no.

G1 is dvd sized case, what's do they call those BD sized cases then?

It does suck to have G1 cases in the BD collection... Not interested also, it doesn't matter if it's limited or not.

[quote name='jterp7']i've never bought one of these steelbooks before..whats bad about it being G1?[/QUOTE]

Everyone has opinions, but I am very particular about my movie collection presentation. And a dvd sized steelbook for a blu-ray is unacceptable.

[quote name='shrike4242']They did this for Hurt Locker and the same amount of bitching came up, though it pretty much sold out immediately upon release and commands a bit of a premium on the 3rd party market.

With a minimum of 2 per store, I'm expecting this one to likely be the same limited quantities on release, DVD-sized or no.[/QUOTE]

is it worth to preorder at the store vs online to be sure that I get one then? The last time I was there a couple weeks ago, I only saw one or two on the ends.

I'm not convinced you can pre-order the steelbook in-store, since they aren't taking pre-orders online.

I was totally hoping for the steelbook, but figure I'm gonna get stuck with the regular edition. The irony is you can't even pre-order the non-steelbook for in-store pickup. So I guess I'll go in after work tomorrow and hope they have a few left.

[quote name='merkman']I'm not convinced you can pre-order the steelbook in-store, since they aren't taking pre-orders online.

I was totally hoping for the steelbook, but figure I'm gonna get stuck with the regular edition. The irony is you can't even pre-order the non-steelbook for in-store pickup. So I guess I'll go in after work tomorrow and hope they have a few left.[/QUOTE]

I know last week you could not order the new Nirvana blu-ray online until the day of release. Not saying that come tomorrow you will be able to do it with FF, but the site was saying "Coming Soon" on it also until release day.

I'm hoping thats what happens as I don't know if I will be able to make it first thing in the morning.

I will try my luck and attempt to pick up the steelbook tomorrow. If they sell out of the steelbook, I'll just wait till it drops to a lower price.

my best buy had 13 on the floor when I got there at 10:05 this morning. Dunno if they have more in the back or not, but I picked one up in the case it goes the hurt locker route

Hmmm since it is 19.99 I'm in. But the dvd size is pretty lame.

The real item out today is scream 4. I thought it was pretty good

Has anyone ordered a steelbook from bb.com before? I have a bunch of meetings today but might be able to sneak out fairly early (although maybe not quite right at opening). I have one on order but I'm concerned they'll ship in a stupid bubble mailer and it'll come totally crushed. Just wondering if anyone has past experiences, good or bad... (I'm on the west coast, so I have another hour or so before I'd have to head out to grab it)

I ordered mine for pickup in store this morning around 6:00am EST. I got the confirmation e-mail, headed to BB and saw there were 8 senior citizens in line at Customer Service pickup. I walked over to the shelf, saw they only had 2 Steelbooks, grabbed one and checked out normally. I'll let the online pickup expire.

This was around 11:30am @ Iselin, NJ

Just got out of Bestbuy to pick up my preorder copy but they put aside regular blu-ray not steel case. Luckily they had 2 more on the shelf. They should have a way to tell which one you wanted when you preorder.

This is in Sacramento, Ca by the way.

I can't believe I was freaked out about a limit :lol: Store I stopped at easily had 20 and they were in 3 different places. I don't understand all the hate about the size, this is what almost all my SB BD's come in (Twilight, Battle LA, Hurt Locker) so it doesn't bother me..

It was quite a surprise to see it at $19.99 b/c I was not able to check the forums here before I left..

[quote name='Justin42']Has anyone ordered a steelbook from bb.com before? I have a bunch of meetings today but might be able to sneak out fairly early (although maybe not quite right at opening). I have one on order but I'm concerned they'll ship in a stupid bubble mailer and it'll come totally crushed. Just wondering if anyone has past experiences, good or bad... (I'm on the west coast, so I have another hour or so before I'd have to head out to grab it)[/QUOTE]This was my first one I had ordered from them, though instead of the usual bubble mailer, mine was packed in a box. Survived the trip without any issue.

[quote name='jr1016']Just got out of Bestbuy to pick up my preorder copy but they put aside regular blu-ray not steel case. Luckily they had 2 more on the shelf. They should have a way to tell which one you wanted when you preorder.

This is in Sacramento, Ca by the way.[/QUOTE]The way the pre-orders used to work, there were three UPCs on the back of the pre-order card, one for each version you could pre-order. This time around, only the one pre-order UPC, so it was pot luck which one you could end up with. That's why I went the online pre-order route.

bread's done
Back