Fast pre-order websites?

Dothedishes

CAG Veteran
After having a terrible experience with Zavvi on my Dead Island pre-order (3 days late and no DLC code) I'm looking into other options for pre-ordering. Zavvi used to get the game to you a day or two early, but now it seems like they're aiming to get them to you exactly on release day, which means it's very easy for you to miss on your pre-order. So I'm looking for another website who ship a couple of days earlier than needed to get it to you. Does any one have any recommendations?

From what I know Shopto.net are very reliable. I've ordered from them to here in Ireland but I get games a day late, however I have a friend in London who always orders them and he always seems to get pre-orders around Wednesdays or Thursdays when the games are due out on Fridays since they send games out early (they even sent my 2 pre-orders with them on a Tuesday and I'm assuming it's the same for UKers).

Also Play.com from what I've heard are decent enough, although after pre-ordering LittleBigPlanet from them before to Ireland and getting it 13 days late I can't particularly vouch for them either.

I've always received my order a day early from ShopTo. In the unlikely event that you receive your pre-order late, you also receive £3.00 store credit as compensation.

I would not recommend Play.com

They listed GoW3 in stock last Wed at full price (£39.95). They took 48 hours to dispatch (not the 24 listed) and put a 3-5 day dispatch time on delivery (tomorrow will be day 5, but what is the point in ordering online if I don't get early and it is more expensive than in store). Going to return it out of principle.

Shopto are definitely the place alwys get before release date and they compensate if you don't get on or before the date they also do signed for delivery free for pre-orders. Shopto usually are the cheapest on the web too.

I agree avoid play.com for pre-orders I ordered singstar volume 2 from there a few years back too them over a week after launch to get it to me.

Once again Zavvi have screwed up. In the last week I have had 2 late pre-orders (assuming Gears 3 turns up) and missing DLC code for Dead island. I am utterly disgusted by their service and would recommend everyone stay away from them.

I'll give Shopto a try and hopefully they will get Dark Souls to me on time.

[quote name='vhero']Shopto usually are the cheapest on the web too.
[/QUOTE]

not really true, but Shopto remains a quite decent and reliable service indeed.

Letting you guys know that Zavvi seems to be complete trash now. Two friends pre ordered stuff from Zavvi, turned up days late where as my shopto pre-order arrived a day early. Highly recommend shopto, avoid Zavvi like the plague.

After complaining a lot all they offered me was a 800 points card and a 15% off voucher. Which amounts to about £5 since I wouldn't use the voucher ever.

[quote name='Dothedishes']Letting you guys know that Zavvi seems to be complete trash now. Two friends pre ordered stuff from Zavvi, turned up days late where as my shopto pre-order arrived a day early. Highly recommend shopto, avoid Zavvi like the plague.

After complaining a lot all they offered me was a 800 points card and a 15% off voucher. Which amounts to about £5 since I wouldn't use the voucher ever.[/QUOTE]

Agreed i've never had a good delivery time from Zavvi on any type of order i have placed.

As has already been said, shopto seem to offer consistent earlly pre-order deliveries.

I haven't had any trouble from thehut.

Coolshop are probably the best balance between price and likelihood of getting your game on release or early.

Shopto are the best but pretty expensive.

bread's done
Back