Fatal Frame II and III 40.00 each used ish at gamestop

Pikagreg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
I don't know who opened them but ALL Gamestops in my area have all recently got 1 copy each of Fatal Frame II and III for ps2. They are both 39.99 used and in mint condition. I assumed they were reprints that got through to the company but they were too lazy to make a new price for the game and just ended up selling them as used :/

Was wondering if anyone outside of CA can confirm if this is anywhere else or not?
icongs_r1.gif

Personally I am going to wait until they show up on GQC or amazon. I have seen a ton of sealed copies being sold on ebay lately and I think it is probably worth the wait to get a sealed copy. Just thought I would post this in case someone doesn't care to keep it sealed :p

Last edited by a moderator:
this is so odd... i found a copy of both 2 and 3 today at gamestop as well, both in near mint condition. i wasn't even looking for them, but there they were.

Maybe they just found a box of each in there warehouse. Makes since that they are selling them used though, its what they did with there new GBA games when they stopped carrying new GBA games. Most store gutted them to cart only, but a few had "Used" GBA games that were sealed.

We get shipments in all the time of brand new games still sealed that are marked as used and they are in our systems as used. They did this recently with Bully on 360. We got a ton of brand new copies in that were marked used. Still had the shrink wrap and everything.

Probably the same with fatal frame, they are just clearing out stock.

Anyone remember the exact same thing to happen with Nocturne a little less than a month ago?

If a game is no longer even listed as available NEW at Gamestop, then it's automatically converted to USED. This often goes for sneaky reprints as well. When mint used copies of Nocturne showed up, this is what was speculated and it did indeed make its way to other vendors, if I remember correctly.

I'd say that it's more likely that Gamestop managed to get a supply of the unannounced reprint rather than them stumbling upon some old stock.

Looks like my local stores have all three in stock. I just wish there was a PS2 coupon out right now. I would hate to spend $40 on a ps2 game, rare or not.

i can confirm this, these came in on my last day working for GS... i was tempted to take them home as my last employee purchase, but held off.

also waiting for a PS2 coupon or a price drop.

Yes, the copies the stores are getting are reprints. This happened last year when GS stores across the country all received one copy each of SMT Nocturne and Devil Saga 1. I think they have some sort of distributor deal with Game Quest Direct.

The copies on the shelf, as suspected, are just new copies that have been opened and tagged as used.

In addition, they are restocking "newsed" Crade of Rome DS (recently reprinted), and have raised the used price from $17.99 to $19.99, which is the same price as a new copy.

Addicting game, BTW. Recommended.

Here's to hoping for a 30 dollar game with coupon in the next month :p
I just posted since it was sort of cool although not amazing. Even with employee discount and edge card I think I would rather wait for amazon/GQD though :/

I feel sad for those who had to open the games :(

If you looking for play Fatal Frame I & II without paying the collector price for it, you can pick up both games used for Xbox. The first game goes for $16.99 & FFII Director's Cut goes for $12.99. I actually found a complete FFII DC for Xbox about 5 months ago at GS while on a road trip so there are copies out there just in case you want to do it on the cheap ;)

Yeah I saw that they were both cheap and wish I didnt get rid of my original xbox :p I ended up buying fatal frame 2 on ebay awhile back since I have had some poor experiences with backwards compatibility on the 360. Not sure if these two have any trouble on 360 tho^^;

[quote name='Joe Fongul']If you looking for play Fatal Frame I & II without paying the collector price for it, you can pick up both games used for Xbox. The first game goes for $16.99 & FFII Director's Cut goes for $12.99. I actually found a complete FFII DC for Xbox about 5 months ago at GS while on a road trip so there are copies out there just in case you want to do it on the cheap ;)[/QUOTE]

good luck since GS stop taking in Xbox 1 games

[quote name='Doomstink']Yes, the copies the stores are getting are reprints...they have some sort of distributor deal with Game Quest Direct.[/QUOTE]

This. also: Misleading title, adding "each" does wonders...

I have FF on the PS2 and FF II on the Xbox, and I want to get FF III one day, but $40 seems a bit steep.

But if GS are selling a reprint as used that means I can get it for $36.

well i'm glad someone mentioned it because I saw the same thing yesterday, i'm in NJ. Looked like brand new copies of both but marked up as used. I just don't have the time or I would have bought it in a heart-beat.

[quote name='GuardianE']Anyone remember the exact same thing to happen with Nocturne a little less than a month ago?

If a game is no longer even listed as available NEW at Gamestop, then it's automatically converted to USED. This often goes for sneaky reprints as well. When mint used copies of Nocturne showed up, this is what was speculated and it did indeed make its way to other vendors, if I remember correctly.

I'd say that it's more likely that Gamestop managed to get a supply of the unannounced reprint rather than them stumbling upon some old stock.[/QUOTE]Little less than a month ago? :hot: I picked up my newsed copy of Nocturne over a year ago, around April 2008.

These games are being re-released and will be widely available the second week of July. I don't know what the prices are going to be but these games will no longer be hard to find.

[quote name='i_bent_my_wookie']These games are being re-released and will be widely available the second week of July. I don't know what the prices are going to be but these games will no longer be hard to find.[/QUOTE]

Source? And define "widely".

Hearken back to 3-05-08, the first time these were reprinted by GQD:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146958

Last time they didn't hit below $30 (w/coupon code), then stayed at $40-$45, and were only available directly through GQD or indirectly (discreetly distributed to) Gamestop.

This series desperately needs a $30 3-pack. Much more than Hitman and Metal Gear combined...

Wish they had made a DC of FFIII for the Xbox. The previous two were much better than their PS2 versions.

[quote name='Kerig']Source? And define "widely".

Atlus has reprinted them for US and Japanese distribution. There are a variety of companies that will have them available mid-July. Look to Gamestop to drop their price and it will be listed on Amazon Marketplace by at least 2 companies.

Thanks OP, I was able to grab Fatal Frame 3 today. Now, to wait for GQD to get part 1 in.

*Sits down and prepares his wait for July 17th*

Cool, was lookin forward to grabbing this and actually playing it. Not that I didn't have multiple copies in the past - but selling for $85 was too hard to ignore =]

Does anyone know if Gamestop are getting reprints of Fatal Frame 1 anytime soon (like they did with the second and third game)?

i saw disc only FF2 and an okay looking FF3 today.

i was at another GS over the weekend and they did mention opening brand new FF games to sell as used recently for $39.99.

Ah, reminds me of my own copy of FFII, I played it for about 20 min before getting too freaked out and putting it back in its case. I'll play it....one day >_>

[quote name='Twizz']Thanks OP, I was able to grab Fatal Frame 3 today. Now, to wait for GQD to get part 1 in.

*Sits down and prepares his wait for July 17th*[/QUOTE]

Who is GQD? And are any other stores getting a reprint of the original Fatal Frame 1 also (e.g. Gamestop)? Thanks.

Gamequestdirect.com = GQD

My guesses are GS will probably get a reprint this month and mark them as used just as they did for 2 and 3. However, I personally would rather have a new copy even without discounts.

I remember when i bought both of them at HV for 9.99 each... That was one of the best deals i had got... I think my HV still has a copy, i might pick it up and sell it or trade it... if anyone is interested PM me... not 100% sure though that its still there

How do you know what the street value for old games? I have Fatal Frame 1 & 2 for Xbox - both sealed.

some places still sell the second one sealed for 40 and the first one is a little harder to come by for a sealed copy. Personally I don't find original Xbox games very appealing for collecting because of all of the backwards compatibility issues so I would probably just hunt down a used copy for dirt cheap at GS.

bread's done
Back