Fate/Extra LE $30, Dungeons $7 + Disgaea 4 LE 5PM EST at Amazon

Here's a question to those who have played Disgaea 4...I've wanted to get into these for a while, so today might be my day to pick one up. If it drops to say $39.99...would it be worth it to use my $20 credit from FFXIII-2 to pick it up for $19.99? I know most of the hardcore Disgaea fans will say this game is easily worth full price, but for a newb to the series, is $20 a good jumping in point?

Ugh.. I just paid $39.99 for this on Jan 18th.. is it possible they can credit me if this is $30?

[quote name='captaintek3304']Here's a question to those who have played Disgaea 4...I've wanted to get into these for a while, so today might be my day to pick one up. If it drops to say $39.99...would it be worth it to use my $20 credit from FFXIII-2 to pick it up for $19.99? I know most of the hardcore Disgaea fans will say this game is easily worth full price, but for a newb to the series, is $20 a good jumping in point?[/QUOTE]

If you like strategy RPGs, Disgaea's one of the leading games in the genre. The replayability is extremely high, you can easily put 200-300 hours into the game and not see everything. Every piece of equipment can be leveled up, every character has multiple tiers to progress through and there's tons of extra stuff to do beyond the story (unlock Land of Carnage, get all the pirate ship parts, unlock the classes, go reverse pirating, beat the X-Dimension, beat the LoC X-Dimension, etc etc)

They are very heavily influenced by japanese anime, if you hate that style, don't get Disgaea.

The nice thing is, mechanically speaking, the Disgaea games have just gotten better over time. They rarely take gameplay mechanics away, so whichever game is the latest has the most stuff to it. D4's story was pretty good too, but not as good as the first.

For 20 bucks, you're getting a lot of game.

Thanks for the link CheapyD
21.gif

I just finished Fate/Extra about a week ago. The story was a bit of a mess and it dragged at the end but for some reason I felt I needed to finish it...

[quote name='Booj']Ugh.. I just paid $39.99 for this on Jan 18th.. is it possible they can credit me if this is $30?[/QUOTE]

That was nearly 3 weeks ago..I doubt they will. If it was within 2-3 days then maybe but certainly not 3 weeks :/ I know this is CAG but it seems like everyone thinks they're entitled to a deal. Be happy with the $40 and move on.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']That was nearly 3 weeks ago..I doubt they will. If it was within 2-3 days then maybe but certainly not 3 weeks :/ I know this is CAG but it seems like everyone thinks they're entitled to a deal. Be happy with the $40 and move on.[/QUOTE]

Not entitled. But I'm prepared to fight for a deal. Maybe if more people were frugal we wouldn't have so many MSRP posts in here.

[quote name='Booj']Not entitled. But I'm prepared to fight for a deal. Maybe if more people were frugal we wouldn't have so many MSRP posts in here.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to be a dick but if you order from Amazon I don't think you should even attempt a partial refund due to a price drop if it has been more then 48 hours since you've RECEIVED your item.

With all the posts I've seen lately about people trying to get refunds/credits/price matches etc. weeks after they received an item I am starting to understand why the demeanor of the Amazon CSR's has started taking a turn for the worse.

[quote name='Booj']Not entitled. But I'm prepared to fight for a deal. Maybe if more people were frugal we wouldn't have so many MSRP posts in here.[/QUOTE]

just buy and return as the old order. seriously not that hard to do and you'll only be out for shipping.

The only reason I could see being annoyed by seeing something I bought drop by $10 or more weeks after I bought it is if it was still sitting on my shelf sealed. Which would end up being more my fault than anyone else's, especially the sellers (in this case, Amazon). If this is happening more often than you'd like, maybe reconsider the purchases you make and if you really are going to get that much use out of the whatever deal it was at that time.

[quote name='Squarehard']$30 or bust for Disgaea 4![/QUOTE]

Fo sho! I'd probably bite for $35 because I've been wanting to pick this up for a while (but it's been $40 each time) but $30 would be insta-buy!

Just wanna give a whole hearted recommendation to Disgaea 4 no matter what the price is. The only game from 2011 I enjoyed more was Dark Souls.

[quote name='Greyslash']Had to bite on D4 Premium. I don't think I'll ever see it that low for a while.[/QUOTE]

It's been at the price from different gold box, lightning deals, and black friday 3-4 times. The lowest the regular edition has hit is $30.

bread's done
Back