fate for free

evilmojo12542

CAGiversary!
if you go to wildtangent on facebook there is a link to get fate for free. simply click "i like" then on the 14th they will send a key to unlock game for free

It use to be freeware then it was taken back.

That version that is free comes with pop-ups and video ads from time to time, though.

[quote name='Megazell']It use to be freeware then it was taken back.

That version that is free comes with pop-ups and video ads from time to time, though.[/QUOTE]

Wonder if it's still out there in the wild...

Last thing I want is to sign up with another company through Facebook, but a free game is a free game.

Nice I will tell some friends about this, thanks op.

I just bought torchlight today, haven't played it yet but I have to admit torchlight does things right. No cd keys, no cd needed to play and no securom.

Thanks for the tip. I got it free today and i forgot that i really like fate. I paid for it awhile ago but i switched computers and lost the game so I'm pretty happy to have gotten it back free. I do hope though that there aren't too many ads and videos because that ruins the experience most of the time i think.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Wild Tangent used to have some pretty nasty adware/malware associated with it... I don't know if it still does. Just be wary.[/QUOTE]

It still does.

Some popular antispyware programs detect the program during their scans, such as Spybot which classifies it as a potentially unwanted program. WildTangent asserts that the software bundle is safe, but many antispyware programs classify it as adware/spyware, mainly because it reports activity and machine specifications to WildTangent servers, in order to more finely tune games and services to casual gamers.

Some users complain that the WildTangent software is difficult to uninstall, although the company packages an uninstaller with the program. To remove a WildTangent installation that was initiated by an end user, the user might be able to use the Add/Remove functionality in Windows or third-party spyware and adware removal tools. However, in cases where the OEM (such as HP) has installed the software on Windows 7, the software has been made intentionally difficult to uninstall by obfuscating files and preventing a complete uninstall from the Remove Programs applet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WildTangent

bread's done
Back