Fate of Atlantis coming to the Wii! Oh and I guess a new Indy game too.

^Since this is coming out soon hopefully we'll get some screenshots and ingame videos soon.

I really loved Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, hopefully they used it as a guide for this game.

New information released today says that the original DOS adventure - Fate of Atlantis - will be packaged in the game, and will be unlockable.

For those who don't know, this is one of the original Lucasarts adventure games, back when things actually mattered and the world was a better place. It's a point and click adventure with brilliant dialogue and a great story set inside the Indy universe.

Honestly, Kaijufan, you should retitle this thread "Fate of Atlantis coming to the Wii! Oh and I guess a new Indy game too." That's how much better FoA is already than whatever trash the game will end up being. I'd have made a thread titled that if I didn't know there already was one about the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Agreed. FoA is a great game.

Really, LucasArts just needs to release a compilation of all their old point-and-clicks for the Wii. And I wouldn't mind seeing a few of those reworked for the DS.

[quote name='Strell']New information released today says that the original DOS adventure - Fate of Atlantis - will be packaged in the game, and will be unlockable.
[/QUOTE]

Day one buy. ;)

Not only change the topic title, but just make the cover art "Fate of Atlantis: now with BONUS NEW ADVENTURE!"

[quote name='Strell']New information released today says that the original DOS adventure - Fate of Atlantis - will be packaged in the game, and will be unlockable.

For those who don't know, this is one of the original Lucasarts adventure games, back when things actually mattered and the world was a better place. It's a point and click adventure with brilliant dialogue and a great story set inside the Indy universe.

Honestly, Kaijufan, you should retitle this thread "Fate of Atlantis coming to the Wii! Oh and I guess a new Indy game too." That's how much better FoA is already than whatever trash the game will end up being. I'd have made a thread titled that if I didn't know there already was one about the game.[/quote]

I've never played Fate of Atlantis but I've heard a lot of good things about it. Thread title changed.

[quote name='georox']FoA isn't Day of the Tentacle, so no, it cannot save the Wii, sorry.[/QUOTE]
Day of the Tentacle is awesome too. Kids these days have probably never heard of it...get off my lawn...

[quote name='Vegan']Oh god, the likeness is like a cross between Harrison Ford and George Bush.[/QUOTE]

Harrison-711712.jpg

So is FoA only included in the Wii version or what?

[quote name='rickonker']FoA is awesome. Can it save the Wii? ;)[/QUOTE]

The Wii needs saving?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']So is FoA only included in the Wii version or what?

The Wii needs saving?[/QUOTE]
Please report to emoticon literacy class ASAP.

[quote name='eugaet']^ Agreed. FoA is a great game.

Really, LucasArts just needs to release a compilation of all their old point-and-clicks for the Wii. And I wouldn't mind seeing a few of those reworked for the DS.[/QUOTE]

I like the way you think. Hell, just Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle/Grim Fandango/Indy would be a day one buy for me.

FoA is an awesome game, this is good for people who don't run homebrew on their Wii.

Oh... new Indy game, yeah cool I guess.

[quote name='Vegan']:facepalm:[/QUOTE]

Why facepalm? Because that's actually fucking awesome.

Kind of like how both Indy and Han were in the original Mercenaries.

It is so NOT awesome. It's stupid. It's sad to see the once-great Lucasart dishing out gimmicky fan service left and right. "Throw some Star Wars in there and it'll sell a million more copies!"

[quote name='Vegan']It is so NOT awesome. It's stupid. It's sad to see the once-great Lucasart dishing out gimmicky fan service left and right. "Throw some Star Wars in there and it'll sell a million more copies!"[/QUOTE]

Allow me to repeat myself:
There were Han and Indy skins in the original Mercenaries, in fucking 2005. That's a thousand times more random and out-of-place. And they sure as hell didn't do it to sell more copies (seeing as most people don't even seem to know about them).

So, puh-leeze. This isn't a cheap ploy to sell more copies. It's just a cute little fan service joke, just like it was in Mercenaries (except here, it makes a lot more sense).

Uhh Indiana Jones, played by Harrison Ford, and Han Solo, also played by Harrison Ford. I don't see what's so fucking out of place about this bonus character.

[quote name='Vegan']It is so NOT awesome. It's stupid. It's sad to see the once-great Lucasart dishing out gimmicky fan service left and right. "Throw some Star Wars in there and it'll sell a million more copies!"[/QUOTE]

You realize that Han Solo and Indy were both in Mercenaries right? Factoring that in with how Harrison Ford plays both characters and is equally identifiable as both characters, I don't see what the big deal is and why your so angry about it. Heck, Indy is in Lego Star Wars, and Han is in Lego Indy, so what's the big deal exactly? It's just a fun little bonus.

When I first read about the Han Solo skin, it struck me as stupid, but not really upsetting.

Gamestop is touting the FoA unlock code as a Gamestop exclusive - I hope that turns out not to be the case. Anyone have more info about it? My guess is that the Gamestop code will unlock it anytime, and to unlock it without the code, you probably need to beat the game.

[quote name='guessed']When I first read about the Han Solo skin, it struck me as stupid, but not really upsetting.

Gamestop is touting the FoA unlock code as a Gamestop exclusive - I hope that turns out not to be the case. Anyone have more info about it? My guess is that the Gamestop code will unlock it anytime, and to unlock it without the code, you probably need to beat the game.[/QUOTE]

I am trying to find out the same thing. I would be blown away if it was an exclusive to GS. There must be a way to get this on all copies of the game. I would hate to have to go through GS.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']I am trying to find out the same thing. I would be blown away if it was an exclusive to GS. There must be a way to get this on all copies of the game. I would hate to have to go through GS.[/QUOTE]
Yeah my guess it's just a code to unlock FoA at any time. The Wii isn't like the 360 and PS3, I would imagine that unless the game is online enabled (which seems unlikely) that Gamestop will only have one code they give out to everyone that you just input in a password screen.

bread's done
Back