Father-daughter dance with an ignorant man-child (OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss the early days of the X360 when we were limited to a couple releases per month. There's so many games I'd love to go back and play through but I never do, because I'm tempted for something newer. Test Drive, Call Of Duty 2, Crackdown, are a few that come to mind.

Trakan, lest you think I ignored you (I honestly did not), let me clarify my viewpoint:

What I'm not saying: there are never any differences whatsoever anymore.

What I am saying: I've not seen any that are so relevant to me so as to drive me to buy the 360 version.

Show me content differences, and I'm of a very different opinion. I bought TNA Impact (sorry, really. sorry) and Fallout 3 on the 360 because of the exclusive DLC they offered (not that I ever bought it for Fallout b/c it keeps sliding down the backlog). But content is the substantive difference to me. Not the resolution of dirt and walls.

I still stand by my *opinion* that MK1 was the last great multiplatform title where the differences were so enormous that one version was clearly superior (though I was driven by the graphics and audio, preferring the "sweat-filled" SNES version).

Does someone have too much time on their hands? Yeah, the dude what made those comparison shots. And me, too, for typing this noise up. But it's a matter of what matters in multiplatform terms. Show me content differences or show me the PS3 version. Sorry if'n that ain't the popular opinion. But it's mine.

Mortal_Kombat_SNES_ScreenShot4.jpg
Mortal_Kombat_gen_ScreenShot2.jpg

Makin' me feel like DMK.

[quote name='mykevermin']Sorry if'n that ain't the popular opinion. But it's mine.[/QUOTE]
After all these months: You finally acknowledge the true reason for your opinion! :cool:

[quote name='Brak']I quoted it.[/QUOTE]

Choose your own adventure time:

A) I do own a Wii, you know.

B) Pot and kettle, my friend.

C) It's not my opinion, it's art.

EDIT: sean, I'm coming in next Weds (11/4) and leaving Sat. afternoon (11/7), then coming back on 11/12 and flying back the morning of the 16th. I'm dreading the monday red-eye on the 16th more than the fact that I'm hitting 4 layovers in Chicago Midway in 13 fucking days.

[quote name='flowery']Just saw the trailer for The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. Can't wait for christmas day now.[/QUOTE]
I can't wait for that.

I'm more looking forward to Gilliam's The Man Who Killed Don Quixote, as I LOVE the source material.

I wonder who will be cast to play Don Quixote.

[quote name='mykevermin']why don't you tell me what the reason for my opinion is, then.[/QUOTE]

Objective-Defiant Disorder

and/or

because you can't stand the idea of agreeing with the popular opinion.

:whistle2:|

While the family-friendly Wii seems like the starting point for a Mickey Mouse relaunch, the decision to make Disney Epic Mickey a Wii exclusive wasn't automatic. In fact, it wasn't even the original plan. "The reality is that we started Wii development in 2008," Warren Spector told Official Nintendo Magazine, "but before that we were a PC, PS3, and 360 title."

When the issue of a Wii port was raised, Spector told Disney that it wasn't going to work. "It needs to be its own game. A lot of the design ideas just won't work on the Wii, we need to give the Wii its dues." In response, Disney Interactive's Graham Hopper suggested that the game simply be a Wii exclusive, thus solving the problem of a subpar Wii port and addressing Spector's desire to focus on a single platform. That single platform just happened to be none of the ones for which the game was initially planned!

fuckers! I would have loved to play this game on the X360.

[quote name='mykevermin']Trakan, lest you think I ignored you (I honestly did not), let me clarify my viewpoint:

What I'm not saying: there are never any differences whatsoever anymore.

What I am saying: I've not seen any that are so relevant to me so as to drive me to buy the 360 version.

Show me content differences, and I'm of a very different opinion. I bought TNA Impact (sorry, really. sorry) and Fallout 3 on the 360 because of the exclusive DLC they offered (not that I ever bought it for Fallout b/c it keeps sliding down the backlog). But content is the substantive difference to me. Not the resolution of dirt and walls.

I still stand by my *opinion* that MK1 was the last great multiplatform title where the differences were so enormous that one version was clearly superior (though I was driven by the graphics and audio, preferring the "sweat-filled" SNES version).

Does someone have too much time on their hands? Yeah, the dude what made those comparison shots. And me, too, for typing this noise up. But it's a matter of what matters in multiplatform terms. Show me content differences or show me the PS3 version. Sorry if'n that ain't the popular opinion. But it's mine.[/QUOTE]

I know that you're not saying there are never any differences whatsoever anymore. What I'm saying is that the PS3 version is nine times out of ten the inferior product. It pretty much proves what zoo was saying yesterday.

I don't care if it is just graphical, I want the superior version of the game. Content is important yes, but it's not like graphics aren't. If you're okay buying an inferior product, go for it.

[quote name='mykevermin']Choose your own adventure time:

A) I do own a Wii, you know.

B) Pot and kettle, my friend.

C) It's not my opinion, it's art.[/QUOTE]
None.

I don't buy your reason for preferring the Playstation 3 because you're afraid of your 360 breaking. :lol:

I think you do it because you think you're going against the grain, is all.

It's fiiiiine, mykevermin.

[quote name='zewone']because you can't stand the idea of agreeing with the popular opinion.[/QUOTE]

you've got some cheek to tell other people this.

and the term is oppositional objective-defiant disorder. you neglected the most important term.

You know you only want that game because you secretly refer to yourself as "Epic Mickey", Mickey.

I wouldn't say better textures make a game superior. You'd have to be a real retard to get bent out of a shape over the cracks in the sand looking better on 360 than your ultimately inferior PS3 version.

Cervantes's Don Quixote is one of my favorite books. Also Pablo Picasso's Don Quixote and Sancho Panza is one of my all time favorite works of art.

Did anyone ever see Gilliam's Tideland?

[quote name='Trakan']I don't care if it is just graphical, I want the superior version of the game.[/QUOTE]

ok. fair enough. the "superior/inferior" discussion is vastly overrated. like comparing comic book movies to the comic books themselves overrated. ain't tellin' yeh what you can and can not like, Trakan. But I don't particularly care for the fact that the same consideration is not extended in both directions.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I wouldn't say better textures make a game superior. You'd have to be a real retard to get bent out of a shape over the cracks in the sand looking better on 360 than your ultimately inferior PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

I would. You'd have to be a real retard to pick the inferior one when you have a choice in which one you buy.

From today's paper.

To the Editor: The pagan feast of Halloween is foreign to Christian tradition and has become a superstitious and empty way of imposing mindless triviality.
The day has its origin in the Celtic New Year, which celebrated the return of the spirits of the dead to their homes. Hence, those who observe Halloween, though they are probably ignorant of what they are doing and why they are doing it, are in reality celebrating death, the devil and hell.
The observance of Halloween is mixed with Christian festivities whose meanings are totally contrary to Halloween. On Nov. 1, Christians celebrate belief in the communion of saints. On Nov. 2, we make visits to the cemetery as a religious and profoundly human gesture, inspired by the hope in the resurrection. I encouraged Christians to celebrate the Christians truths of these days with renewed faith as a response to the real concerns of mankind today. Also, as an alternative to Halloween I might suggest that parents not allow their children to go trick-or-treating, but instead attend costume parties where they can dress as biblical figures.
Tim Storey
Syracuse

No. I haven't seen Tideland or The Brothers Grimm.

I've been meaning to see Tideland, and I'm curious to know if The Brothers Grimm is as bad as people say.

They play the same. What's so inferior about it?

I understand the Live > PSN issue, but over some textures that you more than likely didn't even give a shit to stare at when the game came out? :rofl: C'mon.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']From today's paper.[/QUOTE]
Is that parody?

[quote name='zewone']Epic Mickey looks like a stupid turd.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, it's on the Wii.

[quote name='Brak']You know you only want that game because you secretly refer to yourself as "Epic Mickey", Mickey.[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='Brak']You know you only want that game because you secretly refer to yourself as "Epic Mickey", Mickey.[/QUOTE]:lol:

[quote name='mykevermin']ok. fair enough. the "superior/inferior" discussion is vastly overrated. like comparing comic book movies to the comic books themselves overrated. ain't tellin' yeh what you can and can not like, Trakan. But I don't particularly care for the fact that the same consideration is not extended in both directions.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, if you want the PS3 version, go for it. Don't get all holier than though when somebody else wants the 360 version, even if it is pirated. Pretend that I can pirate both 360 and PS3 games. Which one would I get? The better one.

When it comes down to it, even if the ONLY difference between the two versions of COD4 is the shitty looking walls/textures, why would I pick that one?

tiredfornow, if a game plays the same on both consoles, and they're equal... wouldn't graphics then be the tipping point on which one is superior?

Why, myke? I'd quote you but I'm on my phone. Plus, that wasn't my opinion. I was answering what Brak would say since it flew over your head.

[quote name='tiredfornow']They play the same. What's so inferior about it?

I understand the Live > PSN issue, but over some textures that you more than likely didn't even give a shit to stare at when the game came out? :rofl: C'mon.[/QUOTE]

You forget another key element; the controller. The DS(1,2,3) are absolute shit. The controller is ancient and not ergonomic at all. I can't stand using that thing.

[quote name='Brak']tiredfornow, if a game plays the same on both consoles, and they're equal... wouldn't graphics then be the tipping point on which one is superior?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about anyone else, but I give the tipping point to the 360 just because of the superior controller if nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back