Faux NES systems

I've seen something like that one at Fry's. It looked more reliable looking that the one in that ebay auction. Been tempted a few times to pick it up, but just never have.

These are very good but there is like a billion diffrent types of NES revisions or fanmade patients. You should get the one where you can load both Japanese and US games. I forget what that one is.

There is also two GBA NES players. One where the cart can go in the back and the other you can play with extra controllers.

I prefer the original models

i think your best bet is to get a side loader and an replacement pin connector(the pin connectors are cheap on ebay, like $5 to $10 shipped)

Some of the 3rd party toploaders dont play all of the games like maniac mansion or castlevania 3 =(
also, some of the graphics on the good graphic games like megaman 2 and super mario 3 dont look quite right, like the color pallete is off by a bit. But on other games the graphics are spot on, so go figure.

[quote name='dracula']
Some of the 3rd party toploaders dont play all of the games like maniac mansion or castlevania 3 =(
also, some of the graphics on the good graphic games like megaman 2 and super mario 3 dont look quite right, like the color pallete is off by a bit. But on other games the graphics are spot on, so go figure.[/quote]

But, what if he wants to play "GOIFER?"

Heh - it looks like I am in the same place as the OP, looking to get a similar machine...

Messiah Generation NEX is probably the system I would get. The compatibility rating is 95.34%

You can't beat the wireless controllers and it plays both NES and Famicom cartridges!

[quote name='4tygames']Messiah Generation NEX is probably the system I would get. The compatibility rating is 95.34%

You can't beat the wireless controllers and it plays both NES and Famicom cartridges![/quote]

my friend's got this. very nice. the wireless controllers are beat though. but on the + side, it does take original NES controllers.

Just get a nes or a rebuilt nes. I mean they are cheap and have lasted 20+ years with 100% compatibility and rarely any problems. They are like a rock.

I am going to be listing one soon on the ebay myself. Its your best bet.

bread's done
Back