Fav. Beer (namebrand)

tyecko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
That guy's thread about expensive drinks got me in the mood; what's everyones favorite beer? By this please give an answer that is one that at least most people have heard of, not a small local beer; however good it may be. Personally for me I like Newcastle, Guinness, and Heineken.

well i prefer many of the fine microbrewries in northern california and oregon.

but if were talking about big name bers then i would say guinness is my favorite.

I think there was a thread on favorite beers not too long ago, but we can never have enough beer threads. :lol:

My faves

Guiness
Bass
Harp
Anchor Steam
Corona

[quote name='JebusMcLucifer']I don't know how widespread they are, but I prefer Shiner.[/quote]

Shiner is pretty spread out. An old room mate loved Shiner Bock, and I could easily find it here in VA.

As for me, I like Guiness, Bud light, Bud Select, and I'm not sure if its sold everywhere but McSorleys Ale. Theres a place called Kellys Tavern here that sells it on tap. Shit is awesome...

I like an occasional Corona and Heineken if those are on sale, but I'm not averse to some good ole' Keystone Light--now that's a fine cheapass beer.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']:lol: where did he post this[/quote]

Who knows...OP was probably drunk when he posted it anyways. :lol:

[quote name='gunm']I like an occasional Corona and Heineken if those are on sale, but I'm not averse to some good ole' Keystone Light--now that's a fine cheapass beer.[/quote]
Nah, if you really want to be a cheapass get a 40 of Steel Reserve for 2 bucks or a 6 packs for 3 or 3.50. I've never seen a 12pack sell for no more than 6 bucks. I always go with the 40s; enough there to give me a nice buzz for a bit.

Fat tire amber from Colorado
Full Sail Ale amber from Oregon
Alaskan Amber from Juneau Alaska
Fire Rock From Kona Hawaii
Anchor Steam from San Fran
Mac and Jack african amber from Portland Oregon

Sort of a fan of the red amber beers.........

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']:lol: where did he post this

And Molson[/QUOTE]

2nd'd. But that was obvious, huh?

Reality's Fringe;2494764 said:
As far as mass-market beers go, Newcastle Brown is my current favorite.

Seconded, though I've recently gotten some heartbreaking news about it. I met an Englishman at a party and he informed me that it's basically the "Old Style" of english beer...

Well my favorite go-to beer is Milwaukee's Best Light

My favorite sipping beers are Corsendonk Abbey, Newcastle, Delerium Tremons, Boddington's, and Fuller's

(where the hell is Myke?)

Sam Adams (what ever the store has)
Guinness (only from the tap though)
Bass

If all else fails Bud Select.

If my lifes in the shitter a few 40ozs of Olde English 800 or whatever the drive-thru has on sale for a $1.50 or less.

[quote name='peteloaf']Seconded, though I've recently gotten some heartbreaking news about it. I met an Englishman at a party and he informed me that it's basically the "Old Style" of english beer...[/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with enjoying the beer?

[quote name='peteloaf']Seconded, though I've recently gotten some heartbreaking news about it. I met an Englishman at a party and he informed me that it's basically the "Old Style" of english beer...[/QUOTE]

What the hell is the "new style"? I just know it's tasty.

I've only had a handful of beers in my life, but I do enjoy Sam Adams. I also had a Fat Tire when I helped my big bro and sister in law move out to Phoenix. It wasn't very good, but I wasn't expecting much... I only ordered it because it was a west coast beer and I wouldn't be able to get it back East, and because of the name.

Absolute favourite? Traquair Jacobite Ale, an ancient style Scotch ale.
But since it's hard to find, I'll also go for Guin. as a 'can find almost anywhere' stout, and Skullsplitter, a super ale that can be easy to find in the NE area.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']ohh and I notice some underage people are posting on this thread, for shame making me use the shame smilie :shame:[/QUOTE]
I'll use the lol smilie at that :lol:

[quote name='ImmortalfWd']I'll take a cold Corona with lime anyday. After that I prefer Bud/Light/Select.[/quote]

I'll second the Corona, but never did the whole lime thing.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']I'll second the Corona, but never did the whole lime thing.[/quote]Understandable. It's tough to get a whole lime in there.

oldstylebottle.jpg

I understand the confusion, however; it would have been easier to read if they said "Milwaukee's Best" or "PBR" of England. As far as I'm concerned, the quality of British beers is inversely related to the quality of their cuisine. If Newcastle is the shit of English beers, then I'll have to start drinking more English beers. Fuller's brewery is quite good; their ESB is easy to come by and is a fantastic summertime beer.

I second Sierra Nevada, if we're talking mainstream beers. Their winter Celebration Ale (*very* hoppy this year!) is only bested by Anchor Brewing's Christmastime Ale, where the recipe features a different theme ingredient each year (and they don't tell you what it is, making the mystery a great deal of fun).

If I had the money and only could choose one brewey to drink from, it would be Samuel Smith; their stuff is all around amazing, and consistent from bottle to bottle.

I enjoy the Guinness/Bass/Smithwick's stuff alight, but that's some pretty common beer to me anymore. In other words, I've had so bloomin' much of it that it's more drinking for drinking's sake, rather than savoring/enjoying it.

I think I had McEwan's Scottish Ale the other night. It was alright. Murphy's red is an amazingly creamy beer that I also recently tried.

Since many people are mentioning Newcastle, I recommend that you try Sam Adams Winterfest (? Winter-something, anyway). I had a sample tonight at the bar, and the color/flavor is distinctly a nut brown ale, almost undetectably similar to Newcastle. What gave it away was that it had a incredibly clear honey aftertaste (and it was a touch higher in carbonation, but that's no surprise given Newcastle's texture). It was pretty interesting, and I think many of you Newcastle fans would like it - but it wasn't what I expect when I think of Wintertime beers.

Victory Hop devil IPA
Victory Brass Monkey Belgian Ale

Both from PA - near Philly.

If I am in cheapass mode - I'll usually go for Busch Light Draft, or Natural Light/Ice.

HOWEVER, if I am playing fighters or sports games with people, it's gotta' be 40s of Malt liquor. Preferrably Old English, or Colt 45.

Lotta' bang for my buck.

[quote name='Roufuss']My favorite beer is the Olde English... the crap you can get a giant bottle of it for like $1.40 at 7-11.[/quote]

Another malt liquor cheap ass on the house...sweet lol

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Another malt liquor cheap ass on the house...sweet lol[/QUOTE]

Shit gets you drunk, and that's all I cared about when I used to drink :p

[quote name='Roufuss']Shit gets you drunk, and that's all I cared about when I used to drink :p[/quote]

Exactly. Doesn't matter if its a sweet "girly drink" or not, in the end it all does the same thing...

I don't have a favorite per se but I like to sample aboot. I've tried alot of beers but still have alot to go. I really like, in general, dark beers, amber lagers and wheat beers. In fact, I might go for the blue moon tonight! Either that or I could get a huge bottle of wine :D.

[quote name='thebob101']Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA
Sam Adams Pale Ale
Smuttynose Pale Ale
Wild Goose Pale Ale[/QUOTE]

Someone's a hop-head. Have you tried Stone Brewery's Ruination Ale? I think it might make your head essplode.

ipa1.JPG

I wanna see more bottles/labels. I want to know what I'm looking for in a store. Now, of course, if you drink Miller Lite, there's no need to post it - but if you want to recommend Grandma Henry's Cockblocker Ale (not a real beer, to my knowledge), give me some pointer on what to look for.

bread's done
Back