Fav. Beer (namebrand)

Just had my first one of these:

2360.jpg

Holy fuck, it's good stuff. Unfortunately, it's hard to come by here in OH, so it's like $7 a bottle (12 oz) when they have it, but it's worth it.

Of course I'll be drinking Guinness today.But I thought I'd give this an Honorable mention. "Young's Double Chocolate Stout" MMMMMM GOOD!!!

youngschoc.jpg

[quote name='daschrier']Guinness is a terrible stout....[/quote]

YOU CAN GET THE fuck OUT. Guinness is fantastic, and I shall have too much of it by the days end.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']YOU CAN GET THE fuck OUT. Guinness is fantastic, and I shall have too much of it by the days end.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

The laws around alcohol sales are very very bothersome, and carry very very stiff penalties for violating. Depending on your proximity to Cincinnati, I'll gladly let you try what I have at some point.

Had a few beers last night I hadn't had in awhile. Fuller's ESB on tap (far maltier than I recall, though it *is* a bitter), Whitbread (a really good pale ale on draft, though I never cared for it in the bottle), and Old Speckled Hen (overrated garbage with no flavor and a unique texture).

Tonight is Guinness to the hilt. And Jameson, served how I like (typically, on the rocks with water and a squeeze of lemon), but my throat is sore somethin' nasty, so I may go the hot totty route, with Jameson, hot water, and Earl Grey tea (that's something blasphemous like a black and tan with Guinness and Bass, but I really prefer Earl Grey to Irish Breakfast tea). Actually, if I can find some honey around my house, I'm gonna have a hot totty in a few moments...

[quote name='mykevermin']I never really thought about that, but now that you mention it, most of the times I've had a bad Guinness were at places that froze the pints. It didn't change the texture, but seemed to accentuate the bitterness of it a whole hell of a lot.[/quote]

Guinness will taste best in a unchilled glass and served at a temperature no colder than 55 degrees and no warmer than 60 degrees.

[quote name='mykevermin']The laws around alcohol sales are very very bothersome, and carry very very stiff penalties for violating. Depending on your proximity to Cincinnati, I'll gladly let you try what I have at some point.

[/QUOTE]

I live in the dayton area. Mailing me one might not be out of the question ;).

Anyway, I tried a few new one's last night instead of just drinking Guinness for the sake of drinking Guinness:

1. Great Lakes Blackout Stout
30896.jpg

this was pretty damn good. Had a lot of roasmalts and was pretty smooth, tasted kind of fruity to me for some reason. Bottle get!

2. Bell's Special double Cream Stout
3212.jpg

Sweet sweet stout. Not the best I've had (I like chocolate stouts better, Young's Double and Rogue), but damn fine. Real smooth.

3.Goose Island Christmas Ale
819.jpg

You'd think it would be thicker as a Christmas Ale but it was really crisp. Mellow, mildly hoppy, and kind of sweet. Nice, not fantastic, but good.

4. Tommy Knocker Maple Nut Brown Ale

8440.jpg

People knock this beer a lot, but I liked it. It's kind of watery, but the flavor is really interesting. Kind of like waffles and ale. At least try a single.

And my favorite of the new ones I tried

5. Dogfish Head Midas Touch Golden Elixer
7293.jpg

I really loved this. It's like a combination of Mead, Wine, and Ale. It has honey, muscat grapes, and saffron brewed into it in addition to standard hops/malt/yeast. Real smooth and sweet, great for people who don't normally like beer probably, and it's strong(9%abv).

All in all, it was a good night.

[quote name='daschrier']Guinness is a terrible stout....[/QUOTE]

I Agree, and fuck you guys

I drink Corona Extra, Dos Equis, Hornsbys (sp?), Michelob lager and some others....

Caffrey's Irish Ale, Guiness, Murphy's and Boddington's.

It's a shame that the stupid Coors Import company replaced Caffrey's with Killians.

[quote name='st0neface']this thread is pretty lacking in the red stripe department. recently though, i've been enjoying woodchuck hard cider.[/QUOTE]

Boo Redstripe. I had one once and, while a far cry from Natty or Beast Ice, it didn't leave me with any warm feelings.

I've got a few:

Miller High Life - My all-time favorite cheap beer. My friends and I started drinking it in High School (bad, I know) and you cannot beat 30 cans for $11.
Newcastle - tastes great!
Asahi Super Dry - Japanese beer is all pretty great, but this is hands down my favorite

Red Stripe only tastes good when you are eating spicy carribean food. I used to love going to Bob Marley's in Orlando and having the red snapper and a few Red Stripes. Once I bought a six pack I quickly found out that it isn't any good without some spicy food.

im not a fan of red stripe, in fact i dont think id ever drink it again unless it was the only thing available and i had to get drunk

on another note, i just thought of a beer i havent had in awhile.

754.jpg

this stuff is great, its thick, sweet, and full of flavor, a very good beer.

[quote name='Beana Blasta']I Agree, and fuck you guys

I drink Corona Extra, Dos Equis, Hornsbys (sp?), Michelob lager and some others....[/QUOTE]

Yuck,... Corona? I'll never understand why this beer became so popular. Just cause people on T.V. put a stupid lime in it I guess.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Yuck,... Corona? I'll never understand why this beer became so popular. Just cause people on T.V. put a stupid lime in it I guess.[/quote]

agreed, corona is the most over rated beer. its just terrible, i figure they put a lime in because it hides the god awful taste and at best it makes it drinkable after 6 other beers

HEre's a question: Why isn't nutritional information listed on beer? I mean, I know it's empty calories, but it'd be nice to know how much I'm fattening myself up.

Alright I have throw it up for the minnesota institution of Pigs Eye!!

Other then that (Ill only drink Pigs Eye on Occassion, but you can just taste the history lol) Corona, and if I am desperate Mich Light.

Thanks to whoever mentioned buying beer at Trader Joe's. I went in to see their selection and was astonished to find what i've been looking for for almost five months now:
585.jpg

[quote name='zewone']This weekend I had a couple of Pyramid Beers, fantastic! I really like the
apricot_weizen.jpg
and the
hefeweizen.jpg
was okay.[/quote]

the apricot weizen is quite tasty

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']the apricot weizen is quite tasty[/quote]

I hated their hefe weizen, I think it's probably pyramid brewerys worst product, much too bitter & didn't really remind me of an authentic hefe weizen.

Obviously I'll help continue the tradition of this thread with a mention of Guiness, but I'm really surprsied I'm the first one to say Beck's. I think it has good body for it along with not too much of a harsh aftertaste.

For any Chicago-ian CAGs, Goose Island and Berghoff...nuff said. :D

Manliest beer goes to Old Crustacean. Only pirates can drink that shit. It tastes like beer and vodka mixed together. (and believe me, I unfortunately know what that tastes like)

[quote name='kaw']I had Delerium Tremens the other day. Great full flavored Belgian beer.

delirium.jpg
[/quote]

Thats a phenomenal beer. Delerium Tremons/Nocturne and Corsendonk Abbey are among my favorites but alas are far too expensive. :cry:

Orion beer is the shit. It's Okinawan and is the cheapest way to get drunk on Okinawa when you're a lowly Lance Corporal.

http://www.orionbeer.co.jp/top.html

I've never seen it in the US and I don't think I ever will.

My other fave JP beer is Kirin Ichiban. That one's pretty easy to find in supermarkets.

For some reason, I really enjoy Red Stripe. I used to be a Coors Light guy, but Red Stripe is very nice when I have the extra cash. Of course, I'd rather spark up a fattie than drink either...

[quote name='kaw']I had Delerium Tremens the other day. Great full flavored Belgian beer.

delirium.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Very good stuff. Belgian Beer is my fav. Honestly in the next 2 years I'm going to Belgian and take a tour of the local brewerys. It's a dream of mine.....

the high life

noob, All I gotta say is: :puke:

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Blue Moon and Honey Brown.

I'm not a big spender.[/QUOTE]

Honey Brown is my favorite cheap beer. Good choice bro.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Very good stuff. Belgian Beer is my fav. Honestly in the next 2 years I'm going to Belgian and take a tour of the local brewerys. It's a dream of mine.....

noob, All I gotta say is: :puke:[/quote]

lol i dont actually drink beer that often (if ever at all), im not down with the beer gut. i'm more into wine and cheese like the rest of us 49er fans

i usually like leinenkugels honey weiss, blue moon, or spotted cow. However for games of beer pong... coors lite is a tradition.

I'm quite privy to either some Heinekin, Newcastle and Samuel Adams.

Bud Light is good too, but that's as low as I go. Natural Light and all that other Costco shit gives me hangovers.

bread's done
Back