Favorite ARCADE game?

Oh the nostalgia.

Tokyo and Prehistoric Isle are some of my favorite arcade shooters.

Street Fighter will always be special, especially since Cacom HQ is right by my home and they unleashed the beta machine for Championship Edition at my local Golfland. You should have see the crowds and the energy surrounding that cabinet, it was like a professional sporting event. But there was something magical about Mortal Kombat 2. As far as fighting games go, I have to say that MK2 is my favorite.

I loved Cybersled. Also Super Sprint and Gauntlet 2.

Anyone remember Xenophobe? Midway 3 player game, classic Midway art style, running left and right through rooms, so many things to interact with.

Aliens Vs. Predator by Capcom was one of the GREATEST Final Fight style brawlers I've ever played.

But my absolute favorite arcade game...

Dungeons and Dragons: Tower of Doom.

My friend and I found ever secret move, every secret doorway, every strategy there was to that game. Capcom did an amazing job with that license. The sequel (Shadows over Mystara) faltered a bit - it felt too much like a lousy combo-based Street Fighter game.

Now that I think about it, that game is probably the reason why I rolled a dwarf warrior when I played World of Warcraft.

mellowsmoothe, we must be on exactly the same wavelength! I was going to post xenophobia!

Other than xenophobia, I reckon XYBOTS, Ironman Stewart's 4x4 Super Offroad Racer (great fun with 4 players all round one cabinet!)

And of course, who could forget, Gauntlet and Gauntlet 2 (another one you mentioned), both great games.

Final Fight is the arcade game that stood the test of time. I have loved other games more at the time but got bored with them later on. Final Fight is still great

wTeenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles.png

Gameworks..i remember that place in Miami, FL...awesome but expensive place lol
8 players linked was awesome
the game attendent made it real fun to play.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']i gotta give a few props here:

Daytona USA...loved playing it was 8 people in linked systems at gameworks, just awesome.

Beatmania and percussion breaks - super brilliance in terms of sheer fun and expeierence, the beatmania machine has an awesome presentation and the percussion freaks is a lot of fun with the drums.

Time Crisis + Virtua Cop = the mother load in arcade games, big screens and guns. oh ya.[/QUOTE]

Double Dragon

Virtual-On

That game where you have to punch a pad to knock the guy out (had a snes release in beat em up form)

Tekken 5

SF3

A huge namco device, I believe the title was Prop Cycle. Awesome game. Also an old racing game called LED Storm. And you can't beat Assault.

Killer Instinct - I'll be damned if I did't put $300 into that machine at a local bowling alley. I will own that machine one day....

[quote name='peteloaf']Killer Instinct - I'll be damned if I did't put $300 into that machine at a local bowling alley. I will own that machine one day....[/QUOTE]

It's fully playable in MAME. Just build your own! www.arcadecontrols.com

[quote name='javeryh']It's fully playable in MAME. Just build your own! www.arcadecontrols.com[/QUOTE]

I'll be damned if I haven't been mameing the crap out of it, it's just not the same... Something about the actual cabinet itself. I work at a print shop so I could in theory reproduce the cabinet art exactly, but...

[quote name='peteloaf']I'll be damned if I haven't been mameing the crap out of it, it's just not the same... Something about the actual cabinet itself. I work at a print shop so I could in theory reproduce the cabinet art exactly, but...[/QUOTE]

You should build a KI cabinet then - everything else will still be playable on it...

I can't think off-hand that I'd have a favorite but I'd really like to have the two D&D games "tower of doom" "shadow over mystaria" I have them on my saturn but you know how it is. Also either of the virtual-on games would be cool. I just really like sega arcade stuff.

Star Wars (Vector Graphics)
Afterburner - The one w/ the rolling cockpit. Lord knows I got sick each and every time I played that game (I was about 8) but I kept coming back for more.

I'd also like to add DDR, but I can't play too long due to my junky right knee.

My favorite arcade game would have to be

Punch Out

Other favs I remember spending tons of money on were

Super Punch Out
Moon Cresta
Gyruss
Galaga
Hang On (ride on model)
Super Hang On (ride on model)
GP Rider (ride on model)
Ikari Warriors
Space Harrier (sit down model)
Tron
Gorf
Crazy Climber (avoiding birds pooping on ya, now that's a classic game)
Rally X

And one of the more rare, obscure ones

Atari's Firefox (laser disc game based on the Clint Eastwood movie)

And 2 pinball games I remember vaguely pumping alot of quarters in when I was a kid were

KISS Pinball
Playboy Pinball (remember looking at it and thinking, I wanna be like Hef someday)

Agree with previous comments about D&D Tower of Doom

Killer Instict, Street Fighter 2, Samurai Showdown, etc...but Tower of Doom was the best.

Also 6-player Xmen, great game too.

Anytime I see a Galaga machine its like it calls out to me. The only other games that I can't walk past without playing are pinball machines. Its so rare to find a decent pinball machine anywhere nowdays. Favorites have to be Pinbot, Addams Family, and the original Simpsons...

yea I loved the cockpit version..too bad it cost more :( do you remember G-LOCK? that game rocked.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Star Wars (Vector Graphics)
Afterburner - The one w/ the rolling cockpit. Lord knows I got sick each and every time I played that game (I was about 8) but I kept coming back for more.

I'd also like to add DDR, but I can't play too long due to my junky right knee.[/QUOTE]

oooo i rmember this cool robot game i forgot there was like 10 robots you could control and you had 2 joysticks to use. Rockets and machine guns man waht was that name =[

[quote name='ITDEFX']yea I loved the cockpit version..too bad it cost more :( do you remember G-LOCK? that game rocked.[/QUOTE]

Can't say I remember G-LOCK. I don't think I ever had the pleasure. :whistle2:(

Also add Spy Hunter and Mario Pinball. Only one ball for $0.25 but it was hella fun.

bread's done
Back