Favorite Board Game? Something Different?

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I'm looking to get a new board game but I have no idea what. Anyone playing anything a little different these days? Something like Carcasonne would be cool. I know there are tons out there but I'd like a recommendation before I jump in blind...

Settlers of Catan is a great game. If you can get a bunch of people, Diplomacy is also a lot of fun (though time consuming).

Betrayal at the House on the Hill, possibly the most fun you can have with 6 people and a board game...aside from Strip Monopoly and 5 girls.

~HotShotX

well its a card game, non collectible, and its called Munchkin. yeah not a board game, but way fun =)

The only board games I play are with my kids--Candyland, Hi-Ho Cheerio, Operation (Spongebob edition), Battleship. It is kind of fun reliving things. Now that my son's almost 7 I'm teaching him how to reason out and strategize with Battleship. We can finally start playing Boggle, Jr. Scrabble.

Pictionary is always fun with a couple bottles of wine, and Balderdash isn't bad. I know tons of people like Cranium, but I'm not into it. And we do Scattergories. I like the games to be fairly easy to play while socializing, no marathon sessions needed.

steven jackson games are great. especially the munchkin series and illuminati is also very fun.

other "regular" games that i enjoy

taboo, scattergories, apples to apples.

and then theres the classics...

monopoly, risk, scrabble, stratego, life...

[quote name='JJSP']Killer Bunnies rules. If you've never played it, look into it - it's great in groups.[/QUOTE]

I second this. If you have 2 or more players you are going to love this game. Pretty cheap to get into as well. It is a non-collectible card game so unless you geek out on getting promo cards from eBay you'll be able to play for $20 to start.

For a more generic "for everyone" game, I like Crainum Pop 5.

[quote name='dopa345']Settlers of Catan is a great game. If you can get a bunch of people, Diplomacy is also a lot of fun (though time consuming).[/quote]

I also recommend Settlers of Catan. :D

mousetrap1.jpg

two awsome board games that I can't find anymore

Jurassic park. Hugh board had to move dinos out of the fences and on to the play board to get your opponets. Goal make it out of the crashed car to the visitors center. Sounds easy right. Not with a trex eating you every turn!

Not sure of the name. Fire ball mountain. Loved this game as a kid. Goal climb valcano board before the volcano erupts and shoots red hot lava ( or red marbles..whatever) down the valcano and kills you. Had a blast with this one.

[quote name='emdub']
mousetrap1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

not fun! Took longer to set up then play! Then you would bump the table and wham blam splish splash clunk clkank zip! Damn it Jo. No you have to set up again!

Clue is my favorite. But a fun game to play with friends is Apples to Apples. It's great for getting to see how everyone else thinks, if you play where you argue your cards to the judge.

bread's done
Back