Favorite FPS ever

i hate halo, it doesnt deserve such a high accalade, its multiplay is horrible, honestly i like timesplitters and golden eye

on the PC = the original unreal play with a panther XL controller

On home consuls = time splitters 2

[quote name='Persain']i hate halo, it doesnt deserve such a high accalade, its multiplay is horrible, honestly i like timesplitters and golden eye[/quote]

:roll:

GoldenEye

Half-Life

Halo

There's a bunch of other good ones (Timesplitters, Perfect Dark, Red Faction, etc.), but the big three are still the best in my opinion.

C'mon, i think you dudes are forgetting a little game by the name of "Fugitive Hunter"? That shit RULEZ.

[quote name='Persain']i hate halo, it doesnt deserve such a high accalade, its multiplay is horrible, honestly i like timesplitters and golden eye[/quote]

Why do you hate Halo multiplayer? IMO it has superb control and physics. I like the strategy and the otherall atmosphere and design. The guns are somewhat limited, there aren't any bots, but I enjoy the gameplay especially when there are a lot of people playing.

GoldenEye was great for the time, its still great now.. but the lack of dual analog sticks just makes it hard to play now.

Your opinion is fine, but I was really disappointed with TimeSplitters both 1 and 2. I didn't like how the gun would "wag" when you moved. I did appreciate the seemingly endless amount of ways you could change things up with the varied gameplay, number of weapons, bots and stuff--but it was kind of frustrating to not be able to jump and to not have a dedicated cross-hair (it gets pretty hard to aim when in 4-player). Its a pretty good game, but I'm just not drawn to it.

Why do people like Red Faction (both I and II) ? I am not ripping on anyone, I am just curious. I didn't really see anything special about it.. I found it very primitive, but I really liked the dual gun action--that part was cool.

PC enthusiasts rip console FPS's, but I just don't like playing on PC unless its a RTS. Console gaming just has a certain charm that PC doesn't have.

PC - Half-life (overall fave)
Xbox - halo/Timesplitters 2
N64 - Perfect Dark (there was just more to the single player campaign. and more cheats/glitches to have fun with)

I completed doom, doom 2 and final doom 100% on the pc, and beat goldeneye 100%. I don't have time to play games 100% anymore ;(

PC: Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Quake 3 Arena, and Command and Conquer: Renegade

N64: Perfect Dark

DC: Q3A

PS2: Red Faction

Xbox: Halo

Gamecube: Metroid Prime

i think that battlefield 1942 is the greatest......but for a FULLY dedicated FPS....Return To Castle Wolfenstein is almost just as good to me(but i like planes, tanks, and jeeps).............then its halo for the xbox......perfect dark OF COURSE......Quake and DOOM, Unreal....god i love ALL FPS GAMES....i really wouldnt consider Metroid Prime an fps at all......you dont even get to aim......just lock on....i hate it its SOOOOO EASY!!!!!but everyone has their opinions.....13 was quite a nice FPS....put a new spin on the genre IMO

PC- Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (especially fun at LAN parties)

PS2-Red Faction (Geo-Mod technology. Need I say more?)

PC- Tribes 2 (Also fun at LAN parties)

PS2-Timesplitters 1&2 (Just a fun game)

I also like any other FPS that has a great multiplayer function.

[quote name='bfg9k']I completed doom, doom 2 and final doom 100% on the pc, and beat goldeneye 100%. I don't have time to play games 100% anymore ;([/quote]

This should not be attempted by anyone who likes their sanity.

Damn, i could never get past more than so many levels on Nightmare. But i have beat them all except that Extra hard episode that came with Final doom or whatever on Ultra-Violence.

And yes, i have beat all 6 episodes of Wolf3d on Death Incarnate (not to terribly difficult).

perfect dark... great multiplayer. every game should have the laptop gun. i think i have the world record for most dishonarable and most cowardly. poison throwing knives anyone?
this thread makes me sad knowing perfect dark zero is a looooong ways off.

I've never had even close to as much fun with any FPS as I did when Doom first came out for consoles. I still play my Jag. Doom regularly.

If I had to pick a more recent title, I'd say Timesplitters 1 (I just didn't care for part 2 as much...the graphics didn't seem as sharp for some reason).

Damn is everyone who posted like 17 or younger? Don't take that in a bad way, just curious because of the games that have been listed.

I feel like a granpa saying it but the best FPS experiences I ever had were with Doom 2 by playing it on BBS' and DWANGO (before the Internet was big) in '94-95. Oh how I love the double barreled shotgun and the "silent" BFG.

[quote name='technic']Damn is everyone who posted like 17 or younger? Don't take that in a bad way, just curious because of the games that have been listed.

I feel like a granpa saying it but the best FPS experiences I ever had were with Doom 2 by playing it on BBS' and DWANGO (before the Internet was big) in '94-95. Oh how I love the double barreled shotgun and the "silent" BFG.[/quote]

I bet %90 of the forum posters dont know the silent BFG trick. :D hehe.

"DOOD WHERE DID THAT COME FROM"

favorite game of all time (and fps): half life
close second is metroid prime (courts out on whether this should be on this thread)

and call of duty is the best fps ive played in recent time.

and yes i played and beat halo, didnt like it, not gonna go into that discussion.

fps's were meant for the pc, but consoles have evolved far enough that it is nearly the same, except for those damn controls

My top five FPS:

5. Dark Forces - PC (Ewok heads on a skewer, and ashtrays in Stormtrooper break rooms --too funny)

4. Perfect Dark - N64

3. Goldeneye - N64

2. TimeSplitters 2 - GC

1. Halo - Xbox

bread's done
Back