Favorite Holiday

On that list, Hanukkah. Turkey day and Passover are favorites of mine because of football, break and I get to see my family :)

Christmas.

As for worst "holiday," I would pick my birthday. I would just sleep through the whole damn day if I could. Without fail, it is always the worst day of the year for me.

My New Year's normally suck, and so do my Halloween's (I'm a loser), so I'll pick Christmas. Thanksgiving's nice and all, but Christmas you can have an excuse for just as big a feast, only with presents thrown in ;)

My father passed away on Christmas 2 years ago, so Christmas is kinda shot for me from now on. :( I never really have any fun on New Years (I am a loser) so I guess Thanksgiving would be my favorite. I get to see all of my family, and I love turkey.

Thanksgiving, no pressure of gifts, great time with family, less commercialization than just about every other holiday, stuff yourself with a great meal, and football. What could be better?

Second place is St. Patricks Day. That celebration to me always means Corned Beef, Potatos and Cabbage. And of course homemade green beer. Yum. Not the "See how much you can drink" celebration that everyone seems to like to have these days.

[quote name='Quillion']Thanksgiving, no pressure of gifts, great time with family, less commercialization than just about every other holiday, stuff yourself with a great meal. What could be better?
.[/QUOTE]

I like Christmas the best. Just because I get to see my niece (3) and nephew (4) get excited about the gifts. They have no idea why we have a tree in the room, and why were taking paper off of stuff. But when Dora, or Spongebob comes from that paper eyes light up. Also Christmas when I was little was my only way of getting a gaming console. NES, SNES, PS1 etc.

But Thanksgiving is the 2nd best IMO for the same reasons as Quillion says. No pressure of a gift. I hate Christmas when you have to go over a family members home that you only see once a year on Christmas. When you get there someone adult family remember can't remember your name, cousins don't trust you in their room. Then you give them some shitty gift, they give you a shitty gift that they didn't even buy.

Why can't we speak more then once a year. Why do we have to exchange gifts to talk to each other. We shouldn't owe anything. At most I should bring a pie or cake that I made. but no that doesn't work Christmas is about $$$ anymore. I'll have to pick up 5 remote contronl caddy's or something like that this year. *sigh*

Fourth of July baby. Road trip to Vegas to blow shit up? What could be greater!

"Celebrate the independence of your country by blowing up a small part of it."

Christmas. Followed by Thanksgiving. Easter. Independence Day. Channukah.

For fakie holidays, I enjoy my birthday (Nov 9) which happens to also be my younger brother's birthday... he's my best bud, so it's a fun day for us both.

And any day that it snows. Because snowy days are beautiful and they remind me of being in school and watching the news and being psyched to hear that I didn't have school that day.

[quote name='wubb']Xmas just edges out Thanksgiving for me. I like the family get togethers.[/QUOTE]
That's cool. Our Christmas traditions are SOOO stuffy. We get up out of bed and raid the pressies in our Pajamas. And proceed to spend the rest of the day in our Pajamas. My sister in law has a hard time with that, because she's always celebrated Christmas more formally. I celebrate the beauty of Christmas as a very thankful Christmas, but I also love having fun as a kid on Christmas.

We were pretty poor growing up, but my Daddy would always stock pile gifts (he'd even hide them from Mom, and every year she'd be shocked at the number of presents Santa left out) and Christmas was the one day a year that we were really spoiled. I don't believe I ever got anything from my wish list/letter to Santa, but we all got tons of great stuff. Once my Dad passed away, I rather took on the mantle of Santa for a few years, but since my big bro and little bro have also gone kinda crazy with the presents. We just enjoy giving stuff. =)

Xmas is not a holiday. It's Christmas.

[quote name='Graystone']
Why can't we speak more then once a year. Why do we have to exchange gifts to talk to each other. We shouldn't owe anything. At most I should bring a pie or cake that I made. but no that doesn't work Christmas is about $$$ anymore. I'll have to pick up 5 remote contronl caddy's or something like that this year. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

Thats the kind of thing that bugs me at christmas too. You are expected to see all these relatives that dont give a shiat about you the rest of the year. They have no idea what you like or even care that you are there (but pretend to) and you exchange generic presents just so you dont feel bad about it. Plus theres the pressure of trying to find something someone likes that you do care about and if they have weird tastes that can be a nightmare and they usually give it away or throw it out anyhow so effort is a moot point.

theres one particular relatives house i hate going by... I never know how many kids are going to be there and hate to bringa present for just one or two and have the others left out so its always a pain. I told myself this year i would pick up some cheap kinda generic stuff during a sale but didnt so it will be the same scramble for embarrassment again this year. I always hated being the one kid that didnt get anything for tree time so it makes me feel bad leaving anyone out.

small handheld electronics (like tiger games, etc) and coloring booko/crayon combos are always life savers in these situations... ahhhh fav holiday though....

still christmas! The lights, the laughter, the snow, the decorating, the cookies, the presents (giving and recieving!), holiday specials, the shopping crowds... its all great!

bread's done
Back