Favorite Music Genre

CrimsonGeist

CAGiversary!
Well, what your favorite music genre. Mines rap. If you want list your favorite artist of the genre, feel free to do so. :)

I like Jpop and Jrock right now and really for the past few years. American music at the moment has ceased to interest me. However I still enjoy all forms of trance, techno, and dance style music.

Hey, where's the techno???

C'mon, we're on CAG and it's already been proved that most of us like anime and asian ladies. Give the peoples what they want!!

[quote name='smalien1']Does classic mean classical or classic rock?

Rap isn't music, silly goose. Hip-hop is though[/quote]

actually, hip-hop is defined first as a culture, second as "rap music"

what about video game music cause thats what i listen to all the time on my mp3s . if thats considered classical then i pick that

[quote name='dopa345']I picked "Classic"; I assume you mean classical.

Beethoven is my favorite hands down.[/quote]

Funny, by classic i assumed me meant classic rock, so i picked it.

I've never heard classical abbreviated as classic.

If I was on a deserted island, I'd guess I'll have to go rock classic or otherwise. But I'm a huge electronica junkie so...

Music is a big part of my life, it's like asking a prarent which kid he likes best (regarding genres), but for the sake of not writing a 3 paragraphs, I'll go with rock since it's what I grew up on.

I'll throw my hat to "indie" as well, although it's more of a philosophy than a genre. But that being said, rock and guitar pop lead, with quality hip-hop (not rap, once again a philosophical difference) and folk/country following close behind.

I like to think I can find something I like in every type of music, regardless of genre.

Rock and it's many variants from Alternative to Punk to even Christian rock.

Favorite bands = Cake, Tenacious D, They Might Be Giants, Queen

I like punk music, but like normal it was ignored, and instead i would have to vote for rock like everyone else. But i wont. I choose reggae.

I like electronic/techno/trance music. I like alternative music too...

I'm also a fan of classic/old school house music from the 1980's and early 1990's. I don't think there are many CAGs who ever listened to house music from the 1980's...

I'm into punk/hardcore/grindcore. Which isn't rock.

I refuse to put my vote into a category that could potentially house fans of bands like Styx and Journey.

myke.

[quote name='SEGA128DC']I like electronic/techno/trance music. I like alternative music too...

I'm also a fan of classic/old school house music from the 1980's and early 1990's. I don't think there are many CAGs who ever listened to house music from the 1980's...
[/quote]

I have a vynil collection of House music from the 80's, mainly acid house. I'm a electronica feen, always have always will (I blame it on my countless hours playing NES games)Trance being my main stable. Don't worry we are out there. :wink:

[quote name='moiety']I like Jpop and Jrock right now and really for the past few years. American music at the moment has ceased to interest me. However I still enjoy all forms of trance, techno, and dance style music.[/quote]

Agreed my favorite genre of music would have to be Jpop and some Jrock ^_^ of course the anime's ost and game ost. Then for American music I like alternative and rock. Also the joys of techno/trance/rave x.x. I listen to practically everyyyything but those are my more favorites.

[quote name='crissy1616'][quote name='crissy1616']I think this list is a little scampy.

Show tunes.[/quote]

And by scampy, I meant skimpy.[/quote]

MMMM Scampi ARrlggllghljhhhhh

[quote name='legion_stxds']Clutch!!!!!
This is my favorite band... ever.[/quote]

It's decided. I'm listening to Pure Rock Fury on the way to work. Thanks for helping me sort that one out. :wink:

bread's done
Back