Favorite One Hit Wonder Songs

Reality's Fringe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I was just going through some of my music and thought about all the one-hit wonders out there. We have a SOTM thread, but this is a bit different. I'd like to see some of your favorite songs from One-Hit Wonders!

Here's a couple from me:

The Count Five - Psychotic Reaction- A great song from the 60's composed and performed by, believe it or not, seniors in highschool. Too bad everything else they did was terrible.

The Proclaimers-500 miles- It's Catchy. That's about it.

Electric 6- Danger! High Voltage - Again, just catchy. No real depth. Just fun to listen to in the car from time to time.

Reality's Fringe;2877535 said:
Electric 6- Danger! High Voltage - Again, just catchy. No real depth. Just fun to listen to in the car from time to time.

The whole album is pretty fun, worth a listen.

New Radicals - "Get What You Give"
Dog's Eye View - "Everything Falls Apart"
Harvey Danger - "Flagpole Sitta"

Blind Melon's "No Rain" that band never should've been a one hit wonder though. They had a lot of other good songs, and probably would've had another big hit had Shannon Hoon not OD'd.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Beatles - "I want to hold your hand"[/QUOTE]
...What?

You realize The Beatles are the most celebrated music group ever, right?

[quote name='Eviltude']...What?

You realize The Beatles are the most celebrated music group ever, right?[/quote]

overheadtn4.jpg

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Blind Melon's "No Rain" that band never should've been a one hit wonder though. They had a lot of other good songs, and probably would've had another big hit had Shannon Hoon not OD'd.[/quote]

I totally agree with you, Blind Melon was awesome, I just wish Shannon didn't die. I think they woulda been big if he hadn't.

I bet everyone whose read my post now has the strings from Bittersweet Symphony stuck in their head.

I know I do >_

Gary Numan - Cars
Loverboy - Everybody's Working for the Weekend

Sir Mix-A-Lot's "Baby Got Back" no way entitles him to be a one hit wonder. He was very popular with Swass back in the 80's(88?).

The Proclaimers were/are quite popular too.

Edit: On topic - OMC - "How Bizarre"

Skee-lo- I wish
Verve- Bitter Sweet Symphony (Best .49 CD single i've ever bought)
Ceasars- Jerk it out
D-Train- You're the one for me
Semisonic- Closing Time

Anything from the 80's:

The Promise - When in Rome
True - Spandau Ballet
Take on Me - A-Ha
She Blinded Me With Science - Thomas Dolby

I could go on and on

[quote name='WeaponX2099']

Semisonic- Closing Time[/QUOTE]

Two people have mentioned them now but "Chemistry" from the album All About Chemistry did pretty well. Maybe not as well as "Closing Time" but enough to knock them out the the one-hit wonder category.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Master Ace - Born to Roll[/QUOTE]aw hellz nah~!!!

HEEEEEEELLZ NAH~!!!!

Masta Ace aint no one hit wonder, he's one of my favorite emcees of all time,

A Long Hot Summer was released in like 2005 or 04... and to extremely high reviews. And the album was the shit too!!

his remix/rarities collection was recently released as well, AND I jus posted his new video in the hip-hop thread.

but I second Skee-Lo's I Wish, and add:

Here comes the hotstepper, murderer
I’m the lyrical gangster, murderer
Dial emergency number, murderer
Still love you like that, murderer

Nah, na na na nah, na na na nah, na na nah, na na nah, na na na nah

Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax
Kajgoogoo - Too Shy
Flock of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away)
Soft Cell - Tainted Love
Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch

plenty more than that, but that's all I feel like listing.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Boyz in the Hood - Dynamite Hack
~and~
Popular - Nada Surf[/quote]Ha, Nada Surf. I vaguely remember the video for that song. Didn't the whole thing end in a homoerotic shower makeout session?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Ha, Nada Surf. I vaguely remember the video for that song. Didn't the whole thing end in a homoerotic shower makeout session?[/QUOTE]

But Nada Surf had another hit recently with the song, "Always Love." I doubt it will hit the popularity of "Popular" but it did really well. Lots of radio play and MTv coverage. I'm sure if you heard it you would recognize it and not even realize it was a Nada Surf song. Good song though and it's nice to see them back.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xdl']Lisa Loeb - Stay[/QUOTE]

Not one hit wonders, but good try. BHG had semi-hits in the early-to-mid 90s, and Lisa Loeb had hits on multiple albums (three albums have cracked the billboard top 200, two of those in the top 100).

Tubthumping - Chumbawumba

sheet, I love the Cardigans but most people remember "Lovefool" and that's it.

Dvinyls, i don't remember how to spell it and not gonna search, "I Touch Myself"

How about one-album? Ruby's Salt Peter album was awesome, but by the time she finally followed it up she had lost whatever made that one great.

Whale - Hobo Humpin Slobo Babe
Monster Magnet - Space Lord (mutha mutha :p)
The Toadies - Possum Kingdom

[quote name='VipFREAK']For you rockers how bout this one. xD

Silverchair - No Association

(dunno if it was a true one hit wonder)[/QUOTE]

Not quite - Silverchair hit with quite a few, including Tomorrow, Freak, Abuse Me and Anthem For The Year 2000.

Falco's Rock Me Amadeus

He had another US Top 20 in Vienna Calling, and was behind Der Kommisaar which went Top 3 when re-recorded in English by another group, but the only real 'impact' song of his on the charts was Rock Me Amadeus, and I love it.

bread's done
Back