Favorite places to buy used games?

paul6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I just bought a PS3 from the Amazon sale (thanks CAG!), now I have to catch up on all the great PS3 games I've been missing over the years. I haven't bought used in a while, so I'm trying to think of all the cheap ways to buy used games. Here's what I've been thinking so far:

GameFly sales
GameStop B2G1 used sales
CAG Trading Forums
eBay
other trading websites (GameTZ.com, etc)

What are your preferred ways of getting used games?

Other than the ones you listed:

GoHastings
Amazon/Amazon Warehouse
And the current Blockbuster B1G1 is decent for some games

I've been thinking of using a trading website. How is GameTZ? I've been thinking aboot using Goozex but those trade points for some games seem too low.

If a game has really low trade points on Goozex, then chances are there is a huge line for it. Just putting that out there. Careful with Blockbuster since most discs are absolute shit. I personally don't mind much since I'm going to get a disc resurfacing machine soon. If they don't have a disc in good condition, ask them for a better one. Most of the time, they have at least one disc in good condition. Other times, all of them are shit.

Gohastings is about 95% awesome. There's a 5% chance of not being awesome.

Careful with Amazon warehouse too. Sometimes, their resurfacing sucks, but you can return the items for free, so it's not that big of a deal really.

And GameTZ is just a forum much like CAG's marketplace. Just worse really. Nothing special about it other than there being a bunch more traders than CAG. I personally don't use it because I think their whole website/forum layout is fucking retarded. My first time on the site took 10 damn minutes to find the correct forum where I buy/sell stuff. They just have too many different forums not separated by anything. There's also too much topic bumping going on so your posts get lost rather easily.

What others have said.

Blockbuster's B1G1 Free is pretty good way to go right now. Just to reiterate what was said before but make sure you check the discs. They don't mind if you want to check the disc and ask for another. In fact one guy Saturday night pulled out like a dozen Bioshock 2's so I can find the best.

Just to note in case you didn't know, Bluray/PS3 games have a scratch resistant protective coating on them so you'll find some really good condition used games. Some of the ones I picked up just have finger prints on them.

im going to say gamefly.
they have some good stuff for great prices if you wait.
ps3 games dont drop as quickly or as low as 360 games but you can find some good deals.
Gamefly is also supposed to have their big end of the year sale starting on the 22nd so keep an eye out for that.

aside from what you have posted, I also like to pick up games at my local second hand stores such as Half Price Bookstore (which has stores in many states) They have great sales every few months (40% off an item) which is how I obtained heavy rain for $16 4 months ago or so. So do try looking around for some second hand stores like that as you never know what you will find ^^

the gamestop deal is great in the store but isnt worth it online. The last two times there was b2g1 i ordered three games online and stacked free shipping and ended up with 2 out of three games without original cases. that doesnt bother some people, but it sure pisses me off $25 bucks for a used ds game should still net me a complete item even if you are giving me some other game with it.

bread's done
Back