Favorite Star Trek movie?

[quote name='2Fast']Mine is First Contact, yours?[/QUOTE]

you know i was watching that over the weekend on the 2disc version released last year...

buuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttttttttttttttt....

to be honest... Star trek VI: The Undiscovered Country stands out for me as THE best of the 10 movies. a final scene that just made me clap at the end of the movie when I saw it back in 1991.

im going to cry when i see people vote for Star Trek V: The search for god
or
star trek V: The search for better special effects
lol

Gotta be III, for several reasons...

1) Any of the space dock scenes are just SWEET - God I love those pics!

2) Bringing back Spock - A must have, and well done IMHO.

3) The one liners - Come on... no other Star Trek flick even comes close:
"That green blooded son-of-a-bitch. He's FINALLY getting even with me for all those arguements he lost." "Don't call me tiny." "Beware of Romulans bearing gifts." I could go on, but it's the BEST! :)

Other movies are great, but where else is Kristopher Lloyd cast as a KLINGON!?!?!? My god man, don't you know I was trying to save him... O wait, different movie. :D

My best to all. Live long and prosper!

Merk

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Like anyone is gonna vote for The Voyage Home...[/quote]

Well you never know...

Plus the poll has to have every movie in order to be "legitimate."

First Contact. Nothing beats Zefram Cochrane, Will Riker and Geordi LaForge blasting into space with Magic Carpet Ride blaring. fucking awesome.

Not to mention Worf was awesome, the Borg Queen, Data, Picard... just an amazing movie.

Demoman, Insurrection is actually my second favorite. I really loved that movie. I know others weren't as high on it.

Man, I just might make a Star Trek sig now. :D

My vote goes for First Contact.

As a general rule, you need to avoid the "odd" numbered Trek Movies as they mostly suck. Even ones are usually OK, but a lot of people didn't like the Voyage Home.

TBW

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']My vote goes for First Contact.

As a general rule, you need to avoid the "odd" numbered Trek Movies as they mostly suck. Even ones are usually OK, but a lot of people didn't like the Voyage Home.

TBW[/quote]

Nemesis (Star Trek X) doesn't really follow that trend.

My favorite odd numbered Trek movie is probably Insurrection. Although, I really have to admit that I am pretty biased toward The Next Generation.

[quote name='Quillion']I'd like to see an Enterprise movie. I felt the series really hit it stride in the fourth season.[/QUOTE]

I agree. And IV was my favorite. :evil:

Wrath of Khan was my favorite for the longest time but I will have to vote for First Contact which is (interestingly enough) directed by the guy who played Riker.

[quote name='Xevious']Wrath of Khan was my favorite for the longest time but I will have to vote for First Contact which is (interestingly enough) directed by the guy who played Riker.[/quote]

Yeah. Jonathan Frakes is a great director IMO.

First Contact hands down!
First StarTrek Movie I watched on DVD and will be the first StarTrek movie watch when I get a HD Movie player.

wait til BR/HD DVD gets either the classic movies on one disc or next gen movies on one disc or even all on one disc!

[quote name='ITDEFX']wait til BR/HD DVD gets either the classic movies on one disc or next gen movies on one disc or even all on one disc![/quote]
For only $79.99!!

[quote name='CapAmerica']First Contact hands down!
First StarTrek Movie I watched on DVD and will be the first StarTrek movie watch when I get a HD Movie player.[/quote]

First Contact was my first DVD too. Sat and watched in on my computer.

TBW

[quote name='2Fast']For only $79.99!![/QUOTE]

yea that would be a fair price... but of course knowing paramount, you would get just that barebones release of the movies, then years later the special features disc all for 150 bucks! :p

i really can't wait to see star trek seasons on hd/br discs (1 disc per season?)

that would rock and save a lot of shelf space :(

anyways....................... EVERYONE VOTE FOR STAR TREK VI!!!!!!!!!!

if you need a reason why, pop in the dvd or the vhs tape and WATCH IT AGAIN!

I voted for IV Voyage Home as my favorite. Although, I also like II and VI and First Contact. I and III are ok. And the rest are not so good.

First Contact, no doubt. TWOK a close second. I guess I was one of the few that found Nemesis enjoyable, except for the ending. I guess I need to watch the alternate.

I fully second the DS9 movie (even a Defiant movie). But God avoid Voyager.

Are the extras on the special edition DVDs any good? I think I might pick up a couple when the DDD sale starts.

[quote name='2Fast']Are the extras on the special edition DVDs any good? I think I might pick up a couple when the DDD sale starts.[/QUOTE]

yep pretty good imho, but very short, maybe around 10 minutes or so but thats it. They are very brief and don't go into too much detail :( either because they dont want to give away there secrets (bah) or not enough room on the disc. I have yet to encounter a 2 disc dvd containing the entire disc devoted to the movie's special effects :(

[quote name='2Fast']Nemesis (Star Trek X) doesn't really follow that trend.[/quote]

Damn it, I really liked Nemesis, much more so than Insurrection.

Can y'all explain why you didn't like it? Just curious.

KHAAAAAAAAN!

II is my favorite followed by the original. Star Trek II has a pretty good soundtrack to boot.

Man I had to vote for II but IV comes in at a close second. Revenge is a dish best served cold... It is very cold is space.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Damn it, I really liked Nemesis, much more so than Insurrection.

Can y'all explain why you didn't like it? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

That's easy,

Reasons to don't like Nemesis:

-Data's pointless death

-B4 (personally I liked the old B9 name before they changed it to b4)

-The car chase scene

-The nearly hour of edits and cuts from the original movie

-Shinzon

-the remans altogether

-Data to b4 download

-the admiral janeway scene (i never liked voyager)

-The change in Worf's voice

-Shinzon's ship able to fire while cloak (star trek 6 rip off)

-The lack of other federation ships helping out in a big space battle

Well that sums up the entire movie ... the last TNG movie, not a proper closure :(

The only one I know I've seen for sure is Generations. Probably one of the other Next-Gens too, but I don't even remember which. I've never been a fan.

[quote name='2Fast']It seems like Star Trek: The Motion Picture is largely ignored.[/QUOTE]

some scenes took way to long to excute thats why.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']The only one I know I've seen for sure is Generations. Probably one of the other Next-Gens too, but I don't even remember which. I've never been a fan.[/quote]

I just recently got into Star Trek myself. I used to always watch with my dad when I was little, but I was mainly in front of the TV in anticipation for some show on Nickelodeon instead of for Star Trek. Now I can't get enough.

I voted for Ricardo Montalban... He alone put Star trek Movies on track

Undiscovered Country is second best followed by The Voyage Home and then First Contact. If Kirk was in First Contact he would have fucked the borg queen... me too.

What the hell? How come so many people have voted for Voyage Home. I mean the plot was to go back to the 80's and get whales. Yeah, that's a fun plotline.

I will say that it isn't the Star Trek movie that annoys me the most. That honor goes to The Search for Spock. Oh my god do I hate that movie.

bread's done
Back