Favorite word?

Tromack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I saw the least favorite slang word topic, and it got me thinking about words I like.

What are people's favorite words? Not necessarily the words used the most, but words that you like the sound, definition, spelling, etc.

I personally like cumquat, lugubrious, and legume.

I have several.

Shiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttt

Swwweeeeeeeeeeeettttttttt

NICE!

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge

and last but not least.

Biatch!

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Fjord and monkey.[/quote]
Nice choice with Fjord.

[quote name='BigNick']shit faced cock master[/quote]
Excellent. That is perhaps my 2nd favorite insult. Behind ass-greebler.

Edit:
[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']indubitably[/quote]
That is one of my 2nd tier words.

Plethora!

That has been my favorite word since I learned what it meant in High School.

And now, for the greatest use of that word in the history of film!!

Jefe: We have stuffed many pinatas for your birthday celebration!
El Guapo: How many pinatas?
Jefe: Many pinatas, many!
El Guapo: Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
Jefe: Yes, El Guapo. You have a plethora.
El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?

Spooge, squish, and every other gooshy sound effect.

I've been calling everyone a dork lately, so there's one.

let's not forget antidisestablishmentarianism!

I definitely overuse the word monkey, but I've decided my new favorite word is......

*Drops to his knees*

KHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second "biatch" and "goddamn" (profane bunch, aren't we? :whistle2:# )..but I am distinctly fond of calling people "Turkey." It has the added advantage that I can even use it in polite company!

"Hey, turkey!"

I like the word vegetable. It's sort of the equivalent of fruit or fruitcake. I used to call of my friends, when they got on my nerves, vegetable.

Another one of my favorites is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, it even has a definition on dictionary.com

Main Entry: supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Function: adjective
Definition: a nonsense word meaning fantastic; also called supercalifragilistic
Etymology: popularized by the movie 'Mary Poppins'

[quote name='BigLebowski']Selpulchre

DragonLordFrodo[/quote]

I like "DragonLordFrodo" too. That name is the cheesiest name of all time. I can imagine thunderous Wagnerian music in the background when DragonLordFrodo makes his entrance.

[quote name='Xevious'][quote name='BigLebowski']Selpulchre

DragonLordFrodo[/quote]

I like "DragonLordFrodo" too. That name is the cheesiest name of all time. I can imagine thunderous Wagnerian music in the background when DragonLordFrodo makes his entrance.[/quote]

That thunderous sound isn't music, it's that fat-ass' footsteps as he walks in.

[quote name='KingDox']I say "yonk" when I take something. I know I'm not the only one.[/quote]

This made me think of a really weird thing I do sometimes. Occasionally, when I accidentally drop something, when it hits I say "ouch", as if I can feel its pain. I don't do it all the time, only sometimes. I swear. :twisted:

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x'][quote name='KingDox']I say "yonk" when I take something. I know I'm not the only one.[/quote]

This made me think of a really weird thing I do sometimes. Occasionally, when I accidentally drop something, when it hits I say "ouch", as if I can feel its pain. I don't do it all the time, only sometimes. I swear. :twisted:[/quote]

Me, whenever ANYTHING drops, my initial reaction is to say... "I MEANT to do that!"

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x'][quote name='KingDox']I say "yonk" when I take something. I know I'm not the only one.[/quote]

This made me think of a really weird thing I do sometimes. Occasionally, when I accidentally drop something, when it hits I say "ouch", as if I can feel its pain. I don't do it all the time, only sometimes. I swear. :twisted:[/quote]

I say yoink. My friends and I have actually created the rules of the yoink wherein if you grab something and say yoink, the person you take it from because they have been yoinked. We lead sad, sheltered lives.

[quote name='anarone']catacasa was it poe or lovecraft that said cellar door was the best phrase in the english language?[/quote]

Pretty sure it was Poe. Never studied Lovecraft, but I know I heard this in class.

[quote name='catacasa']"cellar door"
not one word, but it works...[/quote]

am I the only one who got the donnie darko reference?

MY favorite word used to be
unwhere
what was i thinking?
it's not even a word?

Catchphrase lifted from Chapelle's Show

'And a banana Cognac, biotch...'

Said to just be a smartass when someone's getting on my nerves (also from the show)

'Sell me some juice, bish...'

bread's done
Back