Feb 10-16: All X360, PS3 and Wii games minimum $10 trade-in at Blockbuster

DMPugh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
We got an email today saying that from the 10th to the 16th, all Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii games will have a minimum trade-in value of $10. Not bad if you have some crap games you want to get rid of that would normally only get you a dollar. Some exclusions apply (such as, if the store just currently isn't taking the game).

Didn't say anything about that in the email. This is something that will change in the system itself, so all prices will be a minimum of $10. After the 16th, the prices will reset. I forgot to mention that.

hmm. i guess there are people who want to get rid of crappy games. unfortunatly i have nothing to get out of this deal.

...unless i buy a 9.89 game from EB and get .12 cents profit!!

oh fuck yes, i just missed out on the trade 10 for 100 or more deal, i have like 12 games i want to get rid of that would no doubt be 4-5 each or less.

No, I think that's over. But it was never really much of a deal to begin with. The games had to be worth $20 or some ridiculous amount like that. I can't recall one single person ever taking advantage of that "deal".

^ actually i heard if they can sell it for 20 bux, even if the TIV of it was 5 bux, they will take it in.... never got around to take advantage of this... but yea..

[quote name='DMPugh']No, I think that's over. But it was never really much of a deal to begin with. The games had to be worth $20 or some ridiculous amount like that. I can't recall one single person ever taking advantage of that "deal".[/quote]

i've taken advantage of it a few times. it wasn't a bad deal depending on the games. the deal was that the games had to have a resell value OVER 14.99 (so basically 19.99 and up). i traded in some copies of nhl 08 when eb was giving $2 for them (as well as two cheap games i picked up at rogers during a buy one get one free sale, i can't remember which games...combined they cost me $15). i got dead space cheap as a result.

i also did it a year ago or so when i picked up $4 copies of perfect dark zero and viva pinata from dell.ca...ended up w/ mlb 08: the show for $16 and change. even then, eb was not giving much for either game.

as far as it still being on, i have no idea. it's been on non-stop for the last year and a bit at any store i go to (though sometimes it's advertised more than others - it's always been on though). w/ the new tiv deal, it may be on hiatus, but i have no idea. i've gotta return a game tomorrow, so i can check it out.

[quote name='halcyon1234']I guess this explains where all the $4.98 copies of Some Knockoff Baseball Game for the PS3 went.[/quote]

Or will go. To my co workers at my workplace; I have unofficially claimed ALL the shit we have in the bin and behind the good stuff.

Beware though, a lot of games have a 0 buy back quantity in the system, meaning Blockbuster just will not take it.

[quote name='DMPugh']No, I think that's over. But it was never really much of a deal to begin with. The games had to be worth $20 or some ridiculous amount like that. I can't recall one single person ever taking advantage of that "deal".[/quote]

Yeah it's over. Yeah I took advantage of it. It worked out great for me. They took games that only had a TIV of $4.00 everywhere because they sold for $19.99+ I bet I'm not the only one that scored a $59.99 game for what was only worth $16-20 at EB. The no min. TIV is a real point in BBV's favour.

Wish they would have a list of the games they wouldn't take, because I don't want to go down there expecting to get a certain amount and then they say they are not taking those games.

[quote name='Shazbot']Wish they would have a list of the games they wouldn't take, because I don't want to go down there expecting to get a certain amount and then they say they are not taking those games.[/quote]

It's store by store, they won't take something if they have huge inventory of it.

[quote name='j940651']Yeah it's over. Yeah I took advantage of it. It worked out great for me. They took games that only had a TIV of $4.00 everywhere because they sold for $19.99+ I bet I'm not the only one that scored a $59.99 game for what was only worth $16-20 at EB. The no min. TIV is a real point in BBV's favour.[/quote]

Huh. Guess I never fully understood the deal. :D

In my defense though, I literally never had anyone ask me about it, so I was just under the assumption it was cold.

Oh by the way everyone, I re-read the email today and the prices are definitely changed in the system and then reverted back when it's over. So, no minimum amount of games needed to trade in for the deal to work.

Also, the deal will not be advertised anywhere in-store. As far as I know, the only way Blockbuster is letting customers know about this is through some mailing list. The email says it's up to the employees to let the customers know about the deal.

I went there last week after buying 2 copies of Far Cry 2 from Zellers and they gave it a 8 dollar value I just laughed and left got 35 dollar gift card at Futureshop

will probably never go there again for TIV

in their defence christonian they sell the game for 39.99 and 29.99 used, ya they're going to give you 35$ when they sell it for 30, use logic.

You know a place like FS is going to give 35$, how much more do you think another place is going to give you?

They seem to be taking almost anything. I only asked about a couple games but they are real old and in stock EVERYWHERE so I don't know. I asked about Hitman: Blood Money, Forza 2, Tenchu Z and Bionicle Heroes. All of them are $10.

[quote name='JnJosh']in their defence christonian they sell the game for 39.99 and 29.99 used, ya they're going to give you 35$ when they sell it for 30, use logic.

You know a place like FS is going to give 35$, how much more do you think another place is going to give you?[/QUOTE]

i traded in far cry 2 at FS and got 35 on the weekend...the employee looked up the price of what they sell it for (cause he wanted to buy it) and its 32...he said its to bring in customers so go figure...

[quote name='Angel Gamer']They seem to be taking almost anything. I only asked about a couple games but they are real old and in stock EVERYWHERE so I don't know. I asked about Hitman: Blood Money, Forza 2, Tenchu Z and Bionicle Heroes. All of them are $10.[/quote]

I went in and also brought NHL 2K7, World Series Poker and Fantastic Four 2.

bread's done
Back