FedEx Smartpost is probably one of the worst things ever.

Rouzhokuu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Well, not really, but it's still pretty terrible.

And it seems like more and more outlets are using it for their 'free shipping' option. Now, I can understand free shipping taking a little longer than paid shipping, but there's really no reason for SP to be this terrible.

Case: I ordered some clothes from Old Navy. Chose free shipping, and my stuff ships out the next day. One day later, it arrives in my city, which is today, and is handed off to my local Post Office. My estimated delivery date is May 4th, Wednesday. And that will be the date it gets here.

So, based on my previous experiences with this shipping method, it's going to sit there, not moving, for the next 5 days until it's finally loaded up on a truck and sent out.

Anyone here with experience that can tell me why it has to sit there for that long?

/rant off

I agree the FedEx Smartpost service stinks, Amazon.com often ships my free freight packages with FedEx Smartpost which arrives in my city within 2 days but takes 4-5 days to get to me which is 15 minutes away. I wish they would let me pickup from the FedEX Smartpost, it would be quicker for me to pick it up. This is riduculous, when it went straight usps I would have it in 3 days not 6-7 days

UPS Mail Innovations is the same way as FedEx SP, so if you have UPS-MI for your shipping method, you're getting the same process.

I don't understand the reason for the use of FedEx SP or UPS-MI, unless the shipping vendor is getting a significant savings for the shipment over standard FedEx Ground or UPS Ground.

One small thing in its favor, it keeps revenue coming into the post office for the last-mile delivery, so that should help keep USPS rates from going up.

Yeah, if you don't pay for the 2-3 day shipping, anything sent with FedEx will deliberately not be delivered if it arrives too early.

That's wierd. I order a lot of t-shirts from TeeFury.com, and they use FedEx Smartpost for their cheapest shipping option. Pretty much every shirt they've sent has either arrived on time, or a day early.

No, the only shipping option I dread is OnTrac. I ordered Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom from Amazon, and the OnTrac guy tossed the bubble mailer over my back fence, then rang the front door to tell me I have to go fetch it from my spider infested back yard... Thanks, jackass. (Sorry for the minor thread jacking. I just needed to vent.)

[quote name='BlueWingX']That's wierd. I order a lot of t-shirts from TeeFury.com, and they use FedEx Smartpost for their cheapest shipping option. Pretty much every shirt they've sent has either arrived on time, or a day early.

No, the only shipping option I dread is OnTrac. I ordered Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom from Amazon, and the OnTrac guy tossed the bubble mailer over my back fence, then rang the front door to tell me I have to go fetch it from my spider infested back yard... Thanks, jackass. (Sorry for the minor thread jacking. I just needed to vent.)[/QUOTE]

That is fucked.

Wow I didn't think there was a shipping option worse for ground then FedEx Ground which is pretty fucking slow while UPS is great.
FedEx needs to nip ground in the bud. They use to be thought of as THE fastest shipping option and now that's not the case. Well main shipping option. I don't know if Air Express or whatever it's called is still around.

bread's done
Back