Feedback for a story

Diesoft

CAGiversary!
Hey, everyone. I wrote a short story for a contest called Doomsday over on vocal.media and I am happy how it turned out. The rules were that it had to be less than 2000 words, be about a post-apocalyptic dystopia, and feature a heart shaped locket.

https://vocal.media/humans/defiance-date

I would love to read any feedback or opinions on it. Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You get paid by the amount of time that it's viewed? I googled it and they really lowball the creators. No offense to you, I'm sure your story is good, I was just curious about what site that was.

You get paid by the amount of time that it's viewed? I googled it and they really lowball the creators. No offense to you, I'm sure your story is good, I was just curious about what site that was.
Yeah. It's a hell of a lowball but it was an attempt for a contest. I don't think anybody there is expecting to make much there but first time in a long time I wrote something that I published online.

You have a great story, I really liked it. I think you have talent and you need to continue in the same spirit. I read with enthusiasm, this story, you know how to keep the reader. and you have your own style, I think you have a future as a writer. But there are also disadvantages, the site I did not like, it is a little simple and outdated. I don't think it will attract a large audience. I would advise you to take advantage of the best SEO website promotion to increase the flow of your audience, for example this company. I think this will help you in your career.

Yeah. It's a hell of a lowball but it was an attempt for a contest. I don't think anybody there is expecting to make much there but first time in a long time I wrote something that I published online.
That's neat. If you're into short story telling/poems there's publishers out there that will put your work in books and stuff like that. Some friends of mine have gotten their short stories printed and it's out in the wild for everyone to enjoy haha. Every now and then I'll spend hours writing lyrics, but I just do it because they turn out to be mini autobiographies that rhyme.

I'm always throwing in cornball jokes just to make whoever sees it laugh... or cringe. Lol.

I don't know how that contest went for you, but it sounds like storytelling is somewhat of a hobby of yours and I think that is awesome, regardless if you won or not. I'd read what you wrote if you posted it here on CAG, or PM'd it to me. I got nothing but time lol.

bread's done
Back