Feedback from Circuit City employees?

Terabyte7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
I've worked for Toys R US for quite a few years, and theres a new Circuit City opening up much closer to where I live than the TRU I work at. I'm considerng applying to work there as a manager/supervisor but I wanted to get some feedback first. I wanted to ask any of you that do or have worked for Circuit City what you thought of it as a company? If any of you have also worked for TRU, how do they compare to Circuit City? Thanks, any input will help with my decision.

Demolition Man and neocisco are our resident CC reps. I'd suggest talking with them about the joys of wearing the red shirt.

Then again, they fired 3700+ of their own employees for making too much money, so you may want to weigh that into your decisions.

I was in a CC a week ago and I heard a group of CC employees complaining abotu their jobs to each other, and discussing other places that were hiring. They said that some real shady stuff was happening in their store.

I quit Circuit City in January because I was teased a promotion for too long and the new company direction since Fall 06 really sucked. The new policies and crap really took the fun of working there. So come January, I pretty much got fed up with all the management hiring their buddies and didn't think they deserved the top sales I provided. I requested a transfer but they used a bullshit excuse to not give it to me. Had I stayed still March/April, having a higher pay for my current position would have gotten me laid off anyway so I was very glad I left.

The job was fun and laid back for some time until they started all this new stuff at the end of last year. Every meeting we had, we were shown numbers and given techniques on how we could catch up to Best Buy and be better than Wal-Mart/Target type stores. A lot of the higher ups at CCity are BB rejects as well, many of them were fired from Best Buy and CCity swooped them up to try and take advantage.

Overall the 2 years that I spent there was moreso on the positive side but I don't think now would be a good time to go into a seemingly failing company. Its filled with new people who replaced people who earned raises too high for what CCity wants to pay them.

Circuit City has a bad aura about them especially with the firings. I wouldn't want to work there personally...

[quote name='shrike4242']Demolition Man and neocisco are our resident CC reps. I'd suggest talking with them about the joys of wearing the red shirt.

Then again, they fired 3700+ of their own employees for making too much money, so you may want to weigh that into your decisions.[/quote]

That's funny...I've already been laid off from TRU for making too much money, and now I'm making more money there than ever before (of course it took me 3 years to get back to where I was when I got laid off). Thanks for the advice...I'll hit up neocisco since I've already had many positive dealings with him. :)

Courageous summed it up pretty well with his post. I just PM'd Terabyte7 about this so I'll spare everyone else my rant.:)

[quote name='Xevious']Circuit City has a bad aura about them especially with the firings. I wouldn't want to work there personally...[/QUOTE]
Oh yea on the plus side I met Xevious one time :lol:

Dude as a CC employee...let me just say Walk away from that store it's a fuckin joke now. The new changes goin on (at my store at least ) are being implemented like a bunch of monkeys humping a doorknob. Thats just my two cents.

bill123

bread's done
Back