triplehelix

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Hello,
I've been a forum user for many years now, and I must say I'm unimpressed on the way that this situation was handled... I Started a thread in the request a video game deal forum, which politely asked for some deals or coupons on an r4 mod chip. Now I'm not sure if mod chip requests are disallowed but I just spent 30 minutes searching for the post and I've realized that a Admin or Moderator has removed it. How ever my PM box is empty and nothing remains at all. May i suggest that you please either post a reply stating that the subject onhand is disallowed then closing the thread, or remove it and pm the thread starter saying that it was a violation and was removed. It would be much more professional and convieniant for users that don't memorize every aspect of the rules of the forum. I found it very frustrating that it was just removed with no notification or state of it against forum rules. I'm sorry for the trouble I caused and won't post any topics like it again, however I would hope that mods and admins will please respect the thread posters who accidentally violate the rules with at least a little notification about their rulebreaking and their thread being removed.

Thank you.

[quote name='triplehelix']Hello,
I've been a forum user for many years now, and I must say I'm unimpressed on the way that this situation was handled... I Started a thread in the request a video game deal forum, which politely asked for some deals or coupons on an r4 mod chip. Now I'm not sure if mod chip requests are disallowed but I just spent 30 minutes searching for the post and I've realized that a Admin or Moderator has removed it. How ever my PM box is empty and nothing remains at all. May i suggest that you please either post a reply stating that the subject onhand is disallowed then closing the thread, or remove it and pm the thread starter saying that it was a violation and was removed. It would be much more professional and convieniant for users that don't memorize every aspect of the rules of the forum. I found it very frustrating that it was just removed with no notification or state of it against forum rules. I'm sorry for the trouble I caused and won't post any topics like it again, however I would hope that mods and admins will please respect the thread posters who accidentally violate the rules with at least a little notification about their rulebreaking and their thread being removed.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]
wambulance1ko8.gif

I can understand where you're coming from as well. All I can say is that sometimes we mods are pressed for time or perhaps feel the thread removal is a no-brainer and doesn't really need an explanation. And to put it simply, different mods have different styles.

We do our best.

Kudos to creating a reasonable thread about it in the proper forum.

i was a staff member on the Revora Forums for a number of years, and we always had a policy (dunno if they still do) of never deleting anything, censor some extreme conditions, but l always found making a final reply and locking to be the best way to promote to everyone the rules and members become more familiar. I havn't been on this board very long and I don't have lots of time on my hands to read through the rules of every forum.

anyway, thank you for reading and replying to my feedback, and i appologize again for posting an inappropriate thread.

bread's done
Back