Feedback revenge eBay purchases a possibility?

mikefavata

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was thinking, there's a pretty easy way to get around not being able to leave a negative for buyers.

If the buyer is a seller, couldn't you just buy the cheapest thing they are selling and then leave them negative feedback for it?

I'm not saying i'd do it (have zero negative feedback anyways) but it's an interesting idea.

Well.. yeah. But you have to buy and pay for something which you probably don't want and then possibly deal with getting a refund and whatnot... just to leave a negative.

In other words: not worth it.

It's a possibility. If you were to make a new account specifically for it, I guess it would be one way to do it. Win the auction, don't pay, but leave a neg. Just don't be dumb enough to do it with your regular account. And I'm sure ebay would be able to trace your IP if you did it too much, so I wouldn't do it more than once or twice.

I've done it. Lousy buyer wanted to keep my game AND get refund. I refused and he negged me. So I bought his auction and negged his sale. Now we both have red splotches to ruin our ebay reps.

Bet he wishes he never tried to scam me.

bread's done
Back