Festivus - An Airing of Grievances

tivo

CAGiversary!
I want to hear what you all are most upset about. Get the worst out there. ONLY Grievances. NO Discussions, excuses, retorts, etc. on other people's posts. (I don't want this airing of grievances to get derailed) Just what you think is wrong in the world right now.

So go ahead. Open your window and repeat- I'm mad as hell....

about drivers in wisconsin. half an inch of snow does not mean go 20 miles under the speed limit. this isn't florida, our state is covered in snow for 5-6 months a year.

Just compled a vacation. Portland, OR TSA clowns sent me through the bodyscanner, which wasn't cool, then went on to pat me down. My pregnant wife also was sent through the body scanner, then got more thoroughly groped afterwards. I vow to walk up to security in sweatbants with a boner, and opt-in for the frisking next time.

I was mad as hell....

that macroeconomic discussion invariably gets reduced to microeconomic anecdotes in terms of policy. C'mon folks, you can do better.

that jon huntsman is ignored because he isn't batshit crazy.

that the cancer is probably coming back given how shitty I've felt for the last three months.

Glee is still on the air, and every time I think it can't out-terrible itself, it does. Someone put this show out of its misery, please.

Dear corporate B&M retailers, quit bitching about amazon. I'm sorry you can't compete, but bitching about it isn't going to help. Besides that, even your online stores don't really bother competing with Amazon, wtf is up with that? Sure a physical store has more costs associated with running it, but then why don't your online stores try competing more? Give up the BS.

That less then half of the US population believes in evolution. And of those that do, about 70 percent believe in god guided evolution.

edit- also that surfing bird is one of the most terrifying songs to listen to on repeat when one is drunk.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nasum']that the cancer is probably coming back given how shitty I've felt for the last three months.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine. Hope you are wrong.

That I've lost touch with all of my friends and I have no one I can talk to anymore.
That my childhood friends I see as my own sisters barely even register my very being anymore.
That my mom's become even more of a rage-aholic after recovering from cancer.
That my brother has Asperger's.
That my family's only car is broke down and needs expensive repairs and we just don't have the money.
That my front door is infested with black mold and all soggy from the humidity.
That I couldn't get a job this time of year even if my life depended on it.
That this country is running itself into the shitter.
That SOPA might pass and I won't be able to enjoy my Chinese cartoons anymore.
That people still like Justin Bieber.

[quote name='nasum']that macroeconomic discussion invariably gets reduced to microeconomic anecdotes in terms of policy. C'mon folks, you can do better.

that jon huntsman is ignored because he isn't batshit crazy.

that the cancer is probably coming back given how shitty I've felt for the last three months.[/QUOTE]

I'm mad about almost the same thing, but I'm mad that the stupid doctor's can't get a handle ob my wife's cancer. Sugery is tomorrow again for the second time.

That I had to move back into my mom's house and she's become even more of a compulsive hoarder since I moved out and away years ago.
That all my stuff is public storage (and costing me $120 a month) because I have nowhere else to put it.
That I make less at my craptastic job than I did before I went to college.
That all my friends that have decent jobs are the ones that didn't bother going to college.
That all going to school did for me was left me $40,000 in debt and took me out of the job market for 4 years - time I could have used getting some sort of "experience".
That bill collectors found my cell phone number somehow.
That Illinois cops - especially in Chicago - have become nothing but a full-time revenue collection service.
That I keep having to listen to all the "economy is doing better" and "recession ended in 2009" bullshit from asshats that don't have any clue what reality is.

St Vincent De Paul was supposed to come pick up a couch and loveseat I was donating today. I called them at 10 because I couldn't wait any longer for them to get there and it might rain, and I didn't want the couches sitting out there until then. the lady said it was fine, they would be there within 20 minutes. at 1045 they called and said they couldn't take the couches because they were too wet. guess I'm busting out the saw when I get home. I'm so annoyed.

[quote name='perdition(troy']St Vincent De Paul was supposed to come pick up a couch and loveseat I was donating today. I called them at 10 because I couldn't wait any longer for them to get there and it might rain, and I didn't want the couches sitting out there until then. the lady said it was fine, they would be there within 20 minutes. at 1045 they called and said they couldn't take the couches because they were too wet. guess I'm busting out the saw when I get home. I'm so annoyed.[/QUOTE]
make holes in their roof

bread's done
Back