FF XI new w HDD $14.99

ratruby

CAGiversary!
Not sure if this was posted yet. I bought these at Toys R Us. The sticker was $69.99 at one store and $49.99 at the other but they all rang up $14.99

Heather

I dont even remember my Toys R Us having them, but then again we sell alot of games at ours, regardless of how good they are or not.

[quote name='sp00ge']Actually, they are $14.00 at TRU. :D[/QUOTE]

Oh man, mayhaps I could buy one off you?
Are people still able to find broadband adapters? How much would those be these days? I have a pal who is really into RE Outbreak, and I've heard good things about Monster Hunter and stuff.
Though I suppose it is dumb of me to try to jump in right when everyone is leaving...

Broadband adapters are probably a little more expensive, and you can also likely forget about finding a new one in-store (on clearance or otherwise). Funny how there seems to be more FF boxed sets out there when you need the adapter for the HDD and there are several online games that don't need the HDD. :drool:

I think I might have seen a used one at a GameCrazy recently for $40. eBay is probably either a little more or less. Not worth it for the amount of games IMO.

But if you can find one cheap you should probably get it now if you think you will eventually want it. The darn things will probably end up getting expensive (like the DC adapters are now).

What was the deal with the slimline PS2 again? No built-in ethernet and you can't install a HDD? Shows you how great the games that required the HDD were I guess. :whistle2:#

kspiff

I've seen PS2 Network Adapters all over the place. I got 2 at Wal-Mart for $12 and I was at TRU last night and they had them for around $24 (I think). New ones are all over ebay.

I guess I stand corrected. I haven't personally seen a new adapter on the shelf anywhere in quite a while, esp. not at a clearance price like $12.

kspiff

What's so special about this FF XI w/hdd? I was able to pick it up for $14 a few weeks ago...Don't you have to pay a monthly fee? Plus you need some kind of update software?

Hmmm, I haven't seen this for anywhere near this price around here. Anyone have a new one they're willing to spare?

[quote name='JasonArmadillo']I've seen PS2 Network Adapters all over the place. I got 2 at Wal-Mart for $12 and I was at TRU last night and they had them for around $24 (I think). New ones are all over ebay.[/quote]

It is $19.99 at my TRU. I have a cell phone pic if anyone cares. That's a good price, but they are still $15 used at Gamestop/EB.

[quote name='kspiff']

What was the deal with the slimline PS2 again? No built-in ethernet and you can't install a HDD? Shows you how great the games that required the HDD were I guess. :whistle2:#

kspiff[/QUOTE]

First generation PSTwo has both built-in ethernet port and modem port. Newer PSTwo (like the silver model) only has ethernet port.

[quote name='rcaido']Don't you have to pay a monthly fee?[/quote]
Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's online only -- you have to pay an extra fee each month to play. But there's a free month included with it at least the last time I checked.

[quote name='pentapenguin']Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's online only -- you have to pay an extra fee each month to play. But there's a free month included with it at least the last time I checked.[/quote]

it's online only and there's a fee to pay. since being d/c'd from the service, all i use the HDD for is just for archiving my old saves.

i think socom 2 uses it...

[quote name='crewj']it's online only and there's a fee to pay. since being d/c'd from the service, all i use the HDD for is just for archiving my old saves.

i think socom 2 uses it...[/quote]

IIRC there is a baseball game that uses it and one of the spin-off Resident Evil games... not really sure on that, but it's floating back to me from somewhere.

I think it was Survivor that used it wasn't it? To allow for some replay mode, or a total d/l of the game to avoid loading.... can't recall.

I got mine free, after Beta testing it a LONG time ago, still haven't opened it. Same with my Broadband adapter, taken out of the pack to play the Beta, then tucked away.

Guess I'll wait till there's a demand and then sell the crap.

:)

Good price I guess, but I like my free HDD better. :)
Totally worthless though.
:(

bread's done
Back