FF: XIII demo to be packaged with FF: VII Advent Children Blu-Ray.

Short Round

CAGiversary!
August 1, 2008 - The news is already flowing out from Square Enix's DKΣ3713 event in Tokyo today, and both PS3 and PSP owners should take note.

PSP owners now have two new titles to look forward two: Final Fantasy Agito XIII and The 3rd Birthday. Both titles were originally announced for cell phones, but Square Enix confirmed at the event that they'll be coming to the PSP as well. Agito XIII is listed as date TBA with The 3rd Birthday, a sequel to Parasite Eve, planned for 2009.

For PS3 owners, there's no word just yet of new game announcements. But we think news of a Final Fantasy XIII demo is just as good. Square Enix announced that it will bundle a demo version of FFXIII with the Blu-ray release of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children. In addition to a playable version of the first FFXIII series title, the disc will also contain new footage of Versus XIII and Agito XIII.

Advent Children Complete, as the Blu-ray version is called, hits Japan in March 2009. In addition to a standalone release, Square Enix is planning a hardware bundle that combines it (and the FFXIII demo disc) with the PlayStation 3 hardware.

The full Japanese release for FFXIII is officially set for 2009, Square Enix also confirmed for the first time today.
Source

fucking square and their bundling interesting stuff with crap like advent children..

I refuse to buy this.

[quote name='whoknows']There won't be a 360 demo, just because you want it. ;)[/quote]

Yeah, well now I'm refraining from releasing my nude pics to CAG.

Just because you want them.

The ps3 demos not even coming out till march, so I don't see a whole lot to fuss about. Other than that they finally announced a release date for ACC.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Yeah, well now I'm refraining from releasing my nude pics to CAG.

Just because you want them.[/QUOTE]

You'll put them up sooner or later

[quote name='whoknows']You'll put them up sooner or later[/quote]

Yeah, I'll end up pulling a Vanessa Hudgens.

We're equally unshaven.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Yeah, I'll end up pulling a Vanessa Hudgens.

We're equally unshaven.
[/QUOTE]

Nothing a little photoshop can't fix..
or a razor :p

[quote name='whoknows']Nothing a little photoshop can't fix..
or a razor :p
[/quote]

I don't see how one of these would help:
LImage.aspx

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I don't see how one of these would help:
LImage.aspx
[/QUOTE]

See? That's your problem right there. You aren't open minded enough.

[quote name='KingBroly']This sorta confirms there won't be a free demo. Ever.[/quote]

Makes sense, nobody is buying Final Fantasy games based on a demo, but people do buy other games for the demos (I'm looking at you Brave Fencer Musashi).

I already bought the mediocre FFVII AC once, so I'll be waiting till this gets very cheap.

Advent Children isn't my thing, so no deal.

I'll just watch some videos of it on the web like I did with FFXII, couldn't be that much worse. Thx for nothing,SE, though!

[quote name='happy']Makes sense, nobody is buying Final Fantasy games based on a demo, but people do buy other games for the demos (I'm looking at you Brave Fencer Musashi).

I already bought the mediocre FFVII AC once, so I'll be waiting till this gets very cheap.[/quote]

BFM was an awesome game. I got it cause it was a Square game. I didn't know people actually threw away $50 for demos.

[quote name='Kendal']BFM was an awesome game. I got it cause it was a Square game. I didn't know people actually threw away $50 for demos.[/quote]

I got it because it was a square game too (I even own unlimited saga), and it was actually good. The only problem was that my TV was messed up and always cut off the bottom of images, and BFM relied on a clock which I could not see. For the most part I was able to get by looking at the time of day, but there was one puzzle which required a specific hour and I missed it 2 or 3 times in a row then gave up. So my bitterness against the game is mostly because I had a crappy tv.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I would lawl heartily if it went on Live free within a week of the Blu-Ray release.[/quote]
Wouldn't that require Square Enix to actually be making the 360 version right now, though they've said that they don't even have 360 dev kits yet?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Wouldn't that require Square Enix to actually be making the 360 version right now, though they've said that they don't even have 360 dev kits yet?[/quote]

It is using UT3, so currently all the work is being done on PC's and then only played on PS3 Dev Kits, however the UT3 engine ports alot easier to the 360. I can't imagine a good dev like Square Enix to take more then 6 months for it to be fully ported on the 360.

EDIT: Was I the only person in the world who enjoyed Advent Children?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darthbudge']It is using UT3, so currently all the work is being done on PC's and then only played on PS3 Dev Kits, however the UT3 engine ports alot easier to the 360. I can't imagine a good dev like Square Enix to take more then 6 months for it to be fully ported on the 360.

EDIT: Was I the only person in the world who enjoyed Advent Children?[/QUOTE]

FF13 uses Crystal Tool, not UT3 engine. Last Remnant uses UT3 engine and is getting a 360 release first

[quote name='darthbudge']It is using UT3, so currently all the work is being done on PC's and then only played on PS3 Dev Kits, however the UT3 engine ports alot easier to the 360. I can't imagine a good dev like Square Enix to take more then 6 months for it to be fully ported on the 360.

EDIT: Was I the only person in the world who enjoyed Advent Children?[/quote]
Wouldn't they also need to start development ASAP? That would go against the whole "we're finishing the PS3 version first" line they've been saying since E3.

[quote name='darthbudge']
EDIT: Was I the only person in the world who enjoyed Advent Children?[/quote]

I enjoyed it I bought the limited edition one for the last order though I guess I should've waited for the Blueray one ah well I'll get the blue ray one for the demo and I think I read somewhere that they added a few things to the FF:VII AC movie not sure what.

bread's done
Back