FF XIII Hard Cover Guide for .01

nabuch

CAGiversary!
I just could not believe this. As often as I've seen it here, I've never found any cheap guides, let alone for one cent.

My Best Buy had one sealed copy, and I wasn't sure about buying it, but figured I could return it if I changed my mind. With the $10 off guides sale, and the $5 off cpn from @Gamer, I planned on spending $20.

I just could not believe it when it came up for one cent, but thanks to this site, I knew that that was right. Since I did not have a penny, I did not even have to pay that.

The game itself is on sale at Go Hastings for $9.99 new, or $8 used with the 40% off cpn.

I've seen this guide going for $99; however, it doesn't even sell on Amazon for $15 used, but it may definitely increase in value over the years.

The moral of this story is that you won't know what a guide costs at Best Buy until you scan it, so if it is old and you want it, go for it.

Good find, but it will never go up in value I'm afraid, I wish it would as I own 2 (1 sealed). Game guides only go up in value if it is rare and the game is memorable. Its just not a memorable game. The FFXII game itself sold alot of copies due to the FF name but the game feels almost unplayable due to its tutorial gameplay.

It's not like Infamous, Batman AA, Uncharted. Those games were memorable and there guides are somewhat low print runs since those games were new IP's when they came out due to unknown popularity gauges.

Infamous 2, Uncharted 2, Gears of war 2, GoW3, SMG2 hardcover, ACII and BrotherHood Hardcover, great and memorable games but there guides had high print runs and probably will never go up in value. Batman Arkham City guide will probably have a high print run and not be worth alot, even though if its a kickass game and sell jillions of copies.

When it dropped at bestbuy i think i snagged like 10 copies of that guide for a penny.

In the video game discussion forum there is a thread for reduced guides, you should check it out.

Check out the Reduced Guides Thread on the main forum, Champ ;). Penny guides are a well-known thing around these parts. Congrats, either way!

bread's done
Back