FF7 help

XT1987

CAG Veteran
Does anyone know where i can find Final fantasy 7 for a good price all the places ive looked are really exspensive and i only need disc 2 and 3

Every now and then an eBayer sells disc 2 and 3 separately. You're going to be paying a premium either way. I'm pretty sure there's no real way to grab this game for cheap. Check Craigslist and check flea markets and check local mom and pop shops. Online, you'll pretty much never find a decent price.

I still can't believe the amount this game is pulling in. I picked up a sealed GH copy about three years ago for $10, to replace my beat-to-hell launch copy. I haven't opened it yet, and at this point, I'm seriously considering just dumping it.

Anyway, yeah, it's probably not going to happen. You'll either have to be really patient and really lucky, or just suck it up and pay the going rate.

Are you looking for a Greatest hits copy or the original(black label)?

I have a copy of FF7 GH on my tradelist and for the right offer, I would split it up and sell disc 1 on ebay.

is there any real difference between original and GH and could i used a save from the original on GH..and also how much for em

[quote name='XT1987']is there any real difference between original and GH and could i used a save from the original on GH..and also how much for em[/quote]

No gameplay difference at all. The shitty translation remains (this guy are sick lolololol), and of course you can use your game save.

I got my FFVII GH about 5 years ago for $15 at some retail store. The prices now are incredible I wonder why Squeenix isn't reprinting any FFVII games? They are still making new FFVIII/IX/Anthology/Chronicles. I know this because when I look at the cover of those games in the store, it says "Square Enix" instead of "Squaresoft"...

[quote name='rpnguyen']No gameplay difference at all. The shitty translation remains (this guy are sick lolololol), and of course you can use your game save.

I got my FFVII GH about 5 years ago for $15 at some retail store. The prices now are incredible I wonder why Squeenix isn't reprinting any FFVII games? They are still making new FFVIII/IX/Anthology/Chronicles. I know this because when I look at the cover of those games in the store, it says "Square Enix" instead of "Squaresoft"...[/QUOTE]
They really need to make a remake of it on the PSP. If it has any chances it will be on the PSP because the development costs on the PS3 would be insane. Hell, I'll even deal with a PS2 graphics one on the PSN

I got both the GH and a Black label copy, you're free to PM me with an offer.

I was planning to ebay the black label to pay for SC4 (Got plenty of money but yea I'm a cheapo.)

Good luck. It's a shame Square Enix won't release the 3 FF PS games like Metal Gear Solid Essentials...
I'm lucky to get mine while Advent Children's popularity was rising.

I don't know the specifics but I've heard that Square can't easily reprint FF7 because of the publishing deal they had for it at the time. That's why FF7 is so hard to find compared to FF8, FF9, Origins, Chronicles, and Anthology, which have been reprinted like crazy.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I don't know the specifics but I've heard that Square can't easily reprint FF7 because of the publishing deal they had for it at the time. That's why FF7 is so hard to find compared to FF8, FF9, Origins, Chronicles, and Anthology, which have been reprinted like crazy.[/quote]
Isn't S-E the developer and copyright owner of FF7? If so, why can't they just reprint it as they see fit?

Sqauresoft became Square Enix around the Final Fantasy VII launch (in fact, FF7 copies have two different labels, as it was reprinted with the Square Exis label). I guess they had difficulties.

I think they published it as a joint venture with another company, so both companies would need to agree on the terms of any reprint. Everything after FF7 was published by Square alone, so they would be free to reprint as they wished. I don't know, I'll look at my FF games tonight and see what the backs of the boxes say.

[quote name='the_punisher']Sqauresoft became Square Enix around the Final Fantasy VII launch (in fact, FF7 copies have two different labels, as it was reprinted with the Square Exis label). I guess they had difficulties.[/QUOTE]

The "Buyout" happened about 6 years after FFVII came out...

[quote name='GuardianE']It was published by Sony.[/quote]Ah, okay. Then I'm assuming that Sony and Square are just unable to come to terms on who would earn what from reprint revenues, and that's what's holding it up. Does that sound plausible?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Ah, okay. Then I'm assuming that Sony and Square are just unable to come to terms on who would earn what from reprint revenues, and that's what's holding it up. Does that sound plausible?[/quote]
Damn. So it boils down to what the executives fighting for what they want instead of giving to what the customers want. Great :roll:

I think it's actually more of an issue with gathering the proper team to create a remake. Most of the great minds at Square are working on FF13 right now. As such, they said that before they'd even attempt a remake of FF7 (their golden child) they'd want the original creative team on it. That would likely be at LEAST after FF13 comes out, but I hope I'm wrong.

[quote name='GuardianE']I think it's actually more of an issue with gathering the proper team to create a remake.[/quote]I'm just talking about new pressings of the original PSX game to keep it in print, like they've done with 8, 9, and bunch of their other PSX titles.

bread's done
Back