FFVII:ACC Import $70 (Blu-ray) - 1st Print to Include FF XIII PS3 Demo

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-a7-77-1-49-en-15-advent+chidlren+complete-70-384b.html

Price: $69.90
Release date: April 16, 2009
No region protection
Movie will feature 25 minutes of new, never before seen footage
Will feature Japanese and English dubs for the movie, but the demo will be in Japanese only.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0iQYaK6AtE&fmt=22

There will also be a FFVII:ACC PS3 bundle dubbed the "Cloud Black Edition":

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bo-77-2-49-en-15-advent+chidlren+complete-70-384d.html

Box contents
  • PS3 Console (Cloud Black Edition 160HDD edition)
  • Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete BD Movie
  • Final Fantasy XIII Trial Version

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon.jp ships via DHL overseas so that's why it costs so much for small items. You'd be better off buying elsewhere and using the much cheaper SAL shipping if you don't mind waiting a couple weeks (for U.S. at least). But yeah, the 日本国外にお届けすることができません kind of kills the Amazon idea in the first place. You'd have to get a proxy to buy it from Amazon and then ship to you, which further defeat the whole point.

[quote name='aegisol']Amazon.jp ships via DHL overseas so that's why it costs so much for small items. You'd be better off buying elsewhere and using the much cheaper SAL shipping if you don't mind waiting a couple weeks (for U.S. at least). But yeah, the 日本国外にお届けすることができません kind of kills the Amazon idea in the first place. You'd have to get a proxy to buy it from Amazon and then ship to you, which further defeat the whole point.[/quote]

Actually they ship via FedEx now.... I hate it when they decide to ship my stuff overseas, but then again, they're shipping it out to me for less than 1 item shipped costs so I guess I can't complain. ;)

If you do want to get it you can try CD Japan.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ACCW-34031

thats a heavy premium for the item! even though its listed for retail in japan as 5900yen, there are lots of online retailers (like amazon.jp) that are allowing preorders within japan for a fraction of that price, with free shipping (again, within japan). most places even offer it for 1000yen off the price tag (sofmap.com has it for 4720yen).

so import sites like play-asia offering it for $70 is quite insane, dont you think? thats 140% of what youd pay in japan. and this thing will eventually come out in the states... eventually...

[quote name='Fieri']I just looked on Amazon Japan, but they won't ship outside of Japan. I'm tempted just to preorder it since it'll only cost me 5015 yen but the exchange rate hasn't been so good lately.[/quote]

Yup amazon jp will not ship this outside of japan. Shipping would have probably kill the deal anyway I'd imagine ~2300 yen, but it would've been worth it if you were buying multiple items.

I'm more tempted by the extend movie in HD than by the demo. Will the Complete version of the movie be released in blu-ray here soon?

[quote name='tonyau']so import sites like play-asia offering it for $70 is quite insane, dont you think? thats 140% of what youd pay in japan. and this thing will eventually come out in the states... eventually...[/quote]

That's where they make their money from, and which is why I tend to leave Play-asia as a low priority retailer unless it's the only shop with something I want. The gouging is even worse when the JPY:USD is in favor of the USD. Someone already posted a link to CDJapan and they allow for SAL shipping so that's your best bet right now.

[quote name='eau']I'm more tempted by the extend movie in HD than by the demo. Will the Complete version of the movie be released in blu-ray here soon?[/quote]
Eventually. I wouldn't count on "soon." It took a good half year between the JP and US releases of the DVD version and while you might be able to account part of that to dubbing and translation which is now mainly finished, it shouldn't take that much time.

[quote name='dallow']I wonder how much the BD movie would sell for alone. I would want to keep the demo.[/quote]

Probably $50 if you keep it sealed. Sell it to a CAG, Craigslist, or eBay.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Probably $50 if you keep it sealed. Sell it to a CAG, Craigslist, or eBay.[/quote]Oh wait, is the demo disc not inside the movie case?

[quote name='Purkeynator']Don't forget the $6 shipping which tops this baby out at $76 shipped. Pretty spendy for one movie.[/quote]

$76 for a demo that I'll sadly end up doing... FML.

Are people buying this for the movie or the demo? Won't the movie be around $30 when it comes out here, and the demo free?

[quote name='msdmoney']Are people buying this for the movie or the demo? Won't the movie be around $30 when it comes out here, and the demo free?[/quote]

North America probably won't get a demo of the game until early 2010, probably never. And Square Enix confirmed that the FFVII:ACC Blu-ray + FF XIII demo combo is exclusive to Japan.

Edit: And I bought this because I'm a fan of the movie, and I'm EAGERLY anticipating FF XIII.

[quote name='msdmoney']Are people buying this for the movie or the demo? Won't the movie be around $30 when it comes out here, and the demo free?[/quote]

I'm doing it for both, though mostly for the demo heh. I may consider selling the demo after I've played through it and just keeping the blu-ray though. But I bet if you split them up and sold them each individually on ebay you could easily make your money back.

[quote name='larryface']I'm doing it for both, though mostly for the demo heh. I may consider selling the demo after I've played through it and just keeping the blu-ray though. But I bet if you split them up and sold them each individually on ebay you could easily make your money back.[/quote]

I plan on doing this, but probably for the demo only. I'm expecting around $30 for the demo. :applause:

Yeah, people are crazy like that.

[quote name='earvcunanan']I plan on doing this, but probably for the demo only. I'm expecting around $30 for the demo. :applause:

Yeah, people are crazy like that.[/quote]

Yeah, and hey, depending on how fast you get yours and finish it, I wouldn't be surprised at $40-50 for the first wave of auctions.

I hear the demo is going to be pretty significant, not just a quick hour thing.
I'm hoping at least. I don't care about the movie at all.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Probably $50 if you keep it sealed. Sell it to a CAG, Craigslist, or eBay.[/quote]
I think the demo disc is packaged INSIDE the movie case. So he won't be able to get the demo disc if he keeps the movie sealed.

I wonder how much better this will look on Blu-ray on my HD tv? Since my PS3 upscales, will there be that much of a difference? Also, is there any word whether or not the demo itself is region locked? I remember PS/PS2 demos being locked. Has this changed recently? Also the Visuals were amazing -the movie ....meh. I loved the game at the time, but Cloud is now a pining puss. Oh wait -he always was.

I can wait, but have friends that will buy this regardless

You know whats funny? In about a year you can pay the same amount of money -around $80- for the ACTUAL GAME OF FINAL FANTASY 13 AND A COPY OF THE ACTUAL AMERICAN BLU RAY VERSION OF ADVENT CHILDREN. C'mon people think! This idea of paying that kind of money for a damn demo is sending the wrong message to developers.

[quote name='Purkeynator']You know whats funny? In about a year you can pay the same amount of money -around $80- for the ACTUAL GAME OF FINAL FANTASY 13 AND A COPY OF THE ACTUAL AMERICAN BLU RAY VERSION OF ADVENT CHILDREN. C'mon people think! This idea of paying that kind of money for a damn demo is sending the wrong message to developers.[/quote]
It doesn't matter.

Things are insanely expensive in Japan. People are not really forking out a lot more for it in Japan. They have been paying like $30 for a CD and $60 for a movie anyway. It's just that we are not used to spending that kind of money for a blu-ray movie here. This release is for the Japanese market and the regular release will be selling at that price level anyway.

[quote name='Sharp Katana']Yup amazon jp will not ship this outside of japan. Shipping would have probably kill the deal anyway I'd imagine ~2300 yen, but it would've been worth it if you were buying multiple items.[/quote]

I've decided to order it from Amazon Japan. ;) But yeah, the international shipping rates pretty much would have killed the deal although the shipping charges on my last two shipments were less than the actual shipping charge for one item. But fortunately I have a place to ship to in Japan and hopefully in a couple of months I'll be able to pick it up.

The demo is suppose to be 2 to 2 1/2 hours long. It will have english subtitiles i think even englihsh voices (not sure on that one) and for everyone waiting for it to be released here to play the demo. There are no plans to include the demo with the US release of AC. They have not even finished the game for the japan release and any translating will come after that. I dont think they would stop production just to translate a demo for us. I think if a demo does release here it will more than likely be ealry next year off PSN.

[quote name='eau']It doesn't matter.

Things are insanely expensive in Japan. People are not really forking out a lot more for it in Japan. They have been paying like $30 for a CD and $60 for a movie anyway. It's just that we are not used to spending that kind of money for a blu-ray movie here. This release is for the Japanese market and the regular release will be selling at that price level anyway.[/quote]

Exactly. An album over there will be 2900-3000 yen, while the same album here will release at $15 in the United States. And hell, I've paid the 3000 yen before. They know that most people here won't buy it if it cost twice as much as we're used to. Generally there's also a time delay of some sort between their domestic and our domestic releases so you could also factor that into the cost of doing things if you wanted...

[quote name='eau']It doesn't matter.

Things are insanely expensive in Japan. People are not really forking out a lot more for it in Japan. They have been paying like $30 for a CD and $60 for a movie anyway. It's just that we are not used to spending that kind of money for a blu-ray movie here. This release is for the Japanese market and the regular release will be selling at that price level anyway.[/QUOTE]

And it is not just games, other things like food are more expensive in Japan.

[quote name='Purkeynator']You know whats funny? In about a year you can pay the same amount of money -around $80- for the ACTUAL GAME OF FINAL FANTASY 13 AND A COPY OF THE ACTUAL AMERICAN BLU RAY VERSION OF ADVENT CHILDREN. C'mon people think! This idea of paying that kind of money for a damn demo is sending the wrong message to developers.[/quote]

SE didn't make this package for us americans, they made it for the japanese. So if you don't want to buy it thats your perogative, I really doubt SE cares.

Also the price is so high in USD only because the value of our US Dollar is not what it used to be. They do not set the USD price, rather the USD price is set based on the currency value. Since USD value has plummetted we have to pay more of our US$ for imports.

And lastly, some people including myself would glady pay a premuim to be able to watch the blu ray movie and play the demo 6months-1yearr in advance. This is not a new concept, its the same thing that people are willing to pay $59.99 for a new game rather than wait 6months for it to drop to $29.99.

Some people like 18 year old chicks, some like 40 year old chicks, its personal preference and you pay what you can afford.

You seem to like shopping at the bargain bins for games and like grandmas, good for you. I like my meat tender =P

[quote name='Showkaizer']I wonder how much better this will look on Blu-ray on my HD tv? Since my PS3 upscales, will there be that much of a difference? Also, is there any word whether or not the demo itself is region locked? I remember PS/PS2 demos being locked. Has this changed recently? Also the Visuals were amazing -the movie ....meh. I loved the game at the time, but Cloud is now a pining puss. Oh wait -he always was.

I can wait, but have friends that will buy this regardless[/QUOTE]

There's a huge difference from upscaled DVD to a Blu-Ray, especially when it comes to CG movies.

You can download a trailer for the BD release on the Japanese PSN and the visuals are amazing.

As for the demo, it's on BD so there will be no region locking since all PS3 games are region free.

bread's done
Back