FFVII Black label Sealed.... does it look resealed?

i'm still surprised to see a sealed ffvii go so high, ...but anyways, yes it does look resealed.

i bought ffvii new when it came out and it definitely did not look like that. it had a plastic strip around it to make opening it easier.

[quote name='trunks982']well that person might be working at kmart and resealed it and put up stickers himself.[/quote]

Very hard to duplicate a sticker for a game that hasn't been in production for awhile.. but u never know. The only way to ever tell is by opening it.

There were a few games that had flimsy shrinkwrap like that - Vandal Hearts comes to mind. It's similar to the srap on some DS games like Castlevania DoS and Majesco games.

However, FF7 is not one of them. All copies have a Y-fold seal, so that leaves one of two options:

1) The game was returned to kmart, and they resealed it and resold it. Some stores do this.

2) The game was intentionally resealed. This person more than likely got a sealed greatest hits copy just for the security sticker. Unlike some games where the sticker changes for a GH copy, FF7 does not. They then transfered it to a mint black label, or more than likely moved the black label inserts to the new case. The price tag and hang tab are easy to transfer.

Before you say that's farfetched, there was an old user on ebay and the boards around here called JimmyTPhantom that bought a boatload of FF7 and Castlevania SotN from Blockbuster and Circuit City and did the same thing, and he made a TON of money off of them. His reseals had Y-folds though, which I dont know how he did, and its why it took so long for him to get caught

Dave

1. YES, IT'S BEEN RESEALED. Undoubtedly yes.

2. Unbelievably easy to reproduce a sticker like that. Considering K-Mart doesn't have FF7 in their system anymore and the chances of you finding another K-Mart sealed copy with the price tag to compare it with, how would you honestly ever know? You wouldn't. Scammer!

3. My brother used to work at K-Mart. Stockers, Managers, and Customer Service all have the portable sticker thingies to produce impromptu labels for them to scan at checkout.

Willing to bet my own copy of FF7 that it is resealed.

[quote name='MightySlacker']There were a few games that had flimsy shrinkwrap like that - Vandal Hearts comes to mind. It's similar to the srap on some DS games like Castlevania DoS and Majesco games.

However, FF7 is not one of them. All copies have a Y-fold seal, so that leaves one of two options:

1) The game was returned to kmart, and they resealed it and resold it. Some stores do this.

2) The game was intentionally resealed. This person more than likely got a sealed greatest hits copy just for the security sticker. Unlike some games where the sticker changes for a GH copy, FF7 does not. They then transfered it to a mint black label, or more than likely moved the black label inserts to the new case. The price tag and hang tab are easy to transfer.

Before you say that's farfetched, there was an old user on ebay and the boards around here called JimmyTPhantom that bought a boatload of FF7 and Castlevania SotN from Blockbuster and Circuit City and did the same thing, and he made a TON of money off of them. His reseals had Y-folds though, which I dont know how he did, and its why it took so long for him to get caught

Dave[/quote]
Interesting, I always wondered how he managed to obtain multiple copies.

I think it's a reseal job however K-mart could have done it themselves, although typically that's done to put a security device inside and this one appears to already have one of those attached to the outside.

Yeah it's a reseal, you can tell in the picture of the top white security seal, I collect PS1 games sealed and i've only seen a few bargain bin games which i suspect might have been resealed, certainly a squaresoft game would not have that kind of seal. My greatest hits copy has the folded style and i wouldn't doubt that the black label should to. It may have been resealed unknowlingly to the seller but yeah it's definately not factory sealed. Also there is no tape on the bottom of the front of the case, it's not on all games but it should be on there.

bread's done
Back