FFX ending (spoilers)!

yellowaznboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So I started FFX recently. I was at the point in the game where I had access to the Airship and I was doing some of the sidequests, like getting the best weapons (managed to beat that stupid Chocobo racing game and got less than 0:0.0 time for the Sun Sigil to create the Caladbolg).

Then my 35 hour game got saved over by a relative who is staying over for the holidays. :wink: The only thing that sucks is not being able to finish some of the sidequests and seeing the ending.

So, I come here to ask people to spoil the ending for me! I just don't see myself investing another 40 hrs into a game to just to see the ending. Anyway, who is the final boss (I have an idea :lol:) and what happens to the crew at the end? Go into as much detail as you can...

Hell, I beat it and I'd like a coherant explaination of the story...

You kill Yevon and Jecht... Tidus disappears because he was a dream.

Someone do a better job than me please.

[quote name='yellowaznboy']So I started FFX recently. I was at the point in the game where I had access to the Airship and I was doing some of the sidequests, like getting the best weapons (managed to beat that stupid Chocobo racing game and got less than 0:0.0 time for the Sun Sigil to create the Caladbolg).

Then my 35 hour game got saved over by a relative who is staying over for the holidays. :wink: The only thing that sucks is not being able to finish some of the sidequests and seeing the ending.

So, I come here to ask people to spoil the ending for me! I just don't see myself investing another 40 hrs into a game to just to see the ending. Anyway, who is the final boss (I have an idea :lol:) and what happens to the crew at the end? Go into as much detail as you can...[/quote]

Oh man, it's been a while. As I recall it boils down to: Yuna and co. kill what's been passing as god, which in turn destroys the Fayth and ends the cycle of Sin, but Tidus also goes, since he's just a dream of the Fayth.

The final boss of sorts is Tidus's dad in some monster form and than Sin takes control over the aeons for the most unbelievablely easy final boss fight ever. The ending is something I've having trouble remembering, but Tidus and the guy in red disappear since they are dreams. The rest I can't remember.

[quote name='zewone']The final boss of sorts is Tidus's dad in some monster form and than Sin takes control over the aeons for the most unbelievablely easy final boss fight ever. The ending is something I've having trouble remembering, but Tidus and the guy in red disappear since they are dreams. The rest I can't remember.[/quote]

No, Auron wasn't a dream like Tidus and Jecht/Sin. He was dead and refused to go to the Farplane because he was loyal to Yuna's dad and Jecht. He was determined to keep her safe and end the cycle, I believe.

[quote name='zewone']The final boss of sorts is Tidus's dad in some monster form and than Sin takes control over the aeons for the most unbelievablely easy final boss fight ever. The ending is something I've having trouble remembering, but Tidus and the guy in red disappear since they are dreams. The rest I can't remember.[/quote]

Auron was dead, not a dream.

the last part of the ending was like star wars. tidus flys threw the air as an invisible ghost and flys threw three ghosts that are auron, jecht, and lord braska. then x wings fly all over threw spira and launch fireworks everywear. Yuna gives a speech how the empire was defeated, and the jedi yevon can live in peace.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']the last part of the ending was like star wars. tidus flys threw the air as an invisible ghost and flys threw three ghosts that are auron, jecht, and lord braska. then x wings fly all over threw spira and launch fireworks everywear. Yuna gives a speech how the empire was defeated, and the jedi yevon can live in peace.[/quote]

Oh, and Yevon is Tidus's father.

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='zewone']The final boss of sorts is Tidus's dad in some monster form and than Sin takes control over the aeons for the most unbelievablely easy final boss fight ever. The ending is something I've having trouble remembering, but Tidus and the guy in red disappear since they are dreams. The rest I can't remember.[/quote]

No, Auron wasn't a dream like Tidus and Jecht/Sin. He was dead and refused to go to the Farplane because he was loyal to Yuna's dad and Jecht. He was determined to keep her safe and end the cycle, I believe.[/quote]

Your right. I beat that game like 2 years ago. I can't remember everything. :)

Chances are you could download a game at roughly the same point you were at and get it put on a PS2 memcard. That way you could get the full experience.

I thought it was nicely bittersweet. The person who breaks the thousand year cycle and frees the world from Yu Yevon owes his very existence to this same cycle. Cue FF X-2 to find out if Tidus had any reality beyond being a creation of the Fayth who passed when they did.

That depends. If you invested in building up the Aeons power but don't have any limit break weapons, you could be in serious trouble.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='zewone']The final boss of sorts is Tidus's dad in some monster form and than Sin takes control over the aeons for the most unbelievablely easy final boss fight ever. The ending is something I've having trouble remembering, but Tidus and the guy in red disappear since they are dreams. The rest I can't remember.[/quote]

That depends. If you invested in building up the Aeons power but don't have any limit break weapons, you could be in serious trouble.[/quote]

i've beaten the game three times without any of the Aeons Limit Breaks. it is hard, but it's doable if you have patience.

And don't forget this completely random bit of info:

According to Kingdom Hearts Tidus is pronounced "Tee-dus" and not "Tie-dus" though I don't give a rat's ass and still call him the latter.

Now that you know the ending to FFX, play X-2. Different, but worthy of playing if you loved X like I did.

[quote name='Trakan']Now that you know the ending to FFX, play X-2. Different, but worthy of playing if you loved X like I did.[/quote]

See, I think it's worth playing even more if you didn't like FFX. It changes the entire tone of the game from "emo death march" to "girlie slumber party" and adds in a cool job system.

Thanks for spoiling the ending for me everybody! ;)

FFX-2 picks up right after FFX? I'll probably wait until it gets to $10 before picking it up. :)

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='Trakan']Now that you know the ending to FFX, play X-2. Different, but worthy of playing if you loved X like I did.[/quote]

See, I think it's worth playing even more if you didn't like FFX. It changes the entire tone of the game from "emo death march" to "girlie slumber party" and adds in a cool job system.[/quote]

Good point, but he'll like it even more if he liked X. That's what I was trying to say.

[quote name='yellowaznboy']Thanks for spoiling the ending for me everybody! ;)

FFX-2 picks up right after FFX? I'll probably wait until it gets to $10 before picking it up. :)[/quote]

It's already been $10 before. Now you can get it for $15. It's worth $50.

[quote name='Trakan']It's already been $10 before. Now you can get it for $15. It's worth $50.[/quote]

I think you accidentally typed a '0' there. Maybe it's worth $5, but I'm not positive about that.

[quote name='alongx'][quote name='Trakan']It's already been $10 before. Now you can get it for $15. It's worth $50.[/quote]

I think you accidentally typed a '0' there. Maybe it's worth $5, but I'm not positive about that.[/quote]

Hahaha. Funny. I am biased though. Me with FFX is like Ryback with the MGS series. :lol:

I think FFX-2 is worth at least $25 if not $50. FFX is worth $50 to me. It was a great game.

You pretty much got the entire ending. Tidus finds out that Jecht is Sin. He goes and fights him. The battle can be difficult and long. Once you beat it, the fight against Yevon is a joke. You have auto life, so you will eventually win. The eternal calm then begins and Yuna is a hero.

X-2 is an interesting game. The tone really is slumber partyesq, but that matches what it should be (X has all the pressure, what can match distroying everything you believe in). But, X-2 is also good on its own merits.

I loved FFX and FFX-2. At first, I wasn't too sure about either of them. Once I got a few hours in I was hooked.

I don't know why so many people knock FFX-2. Yes, it's different that X. Yes, it is a little girly and fruity. Yes, the play mechanics have changed a bit. But, the story is it's own for the most part. Meaning, it did it's own thing, but in the end it came full circle.

To me, seeing Tidus at the end of the game was almost as emotional as when Aerith died in FF7.

In one way, I'd love X-3, cause I'd like to see these characters more. On the other hand, the story is stretched about as far as it can with these characters in this setting.

FFX2 was pretty good and if you got the extra endings it wraps up the whole yuna looking for tidus thing, yea I got 100%.

The Aeons and Yu Yevon weren't the final bosses in FFX. Braska's Final Aeon was. Everything after that was just put in for the story. Before you play FFX-2, I suggest you search for the translated video from the Japanese FFX International. It's basically a prologue for FFX-2 that shows what leads to it.

I'd just like to add that I liked FFX's ending very much because I thought it put on an excellent spin on a familiar theme regarding children (and specifically sons) rebelling against traditional (stern) father figures.

If you recall an early scene in FFX when Tidus' mother first tells him that Jecht has gone missing, the child Tidus vows to find his harsh father so that he can tell him how much he hates him. When it is revealed that Jecht is Sin--and thus directly responsible for large-scale death and destruction for all of Spira--the drive to kill it/him is doubly personal. When the entire party finally confronts Jecht "inside" of Sin (typical weird Jap-anime surrealness) and Jecht greets his son with well-remembered brusqueness and a rough admonition to stop being such a cry-baby, Tidus chokes out to his father that he hates him. Jecht wryly responds,"I know, I know." (if I recall correctly.) Jecht then morphs into Sin/monster form and the party fights and kills him.

The conclusion to this aspect of the story is completed when Tidus leaps off the airship as he is dispelled/dies along with the Aeons and all other Faythe-derived entities at the end of the game after they've defeated Yu Yevon as the driving force behind the Sin resurrection cycle..and as the others have mentioned, Tidus passes the spirits of Auron and Braska after dying...and the third spirit waiting for him is Jecht, who reaches out his hand in a "give me five!" gesture. There's a close-up of Tidus' hand doing just that. After that, it cuts to Yuna whistling in vain on an ocean pier before Lulu calls her in to address the celebrating crowds, where she asks that they not forget those who have fallen in securing their newfound freedom.

[quote name='jmcc']
See, I think it's worth playing even more if you didn't like FFX. It changes the entire tone of the game from "emo death march" to "girlie slumber party" and adds in a cool job system.[/quote]

Ha ha, that was a hilarious description.

[quote name='Stargun007']The Aeons and Yu Yevon weren't the final bosses in FFX. Braska's Final Aeon was. Everything after that was just put in for the story. Before you play FFX-2, I suggest you search for the translated video from the Japanese FFX International. It's basically a prologue for FFX-2 that shows what leads to it.[/quote]

I agree, it really sets the stage. I got a PS2 demo disc from the official PS2 mag with the translated video. Good stuff.

bread's done
Back