FFXIII and MGS4 *NEW* trailers!!!

mr ryles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
New FFXIII and MGS4 trailer at gametrailers.com!!

I never heard any news of it anywhere else, and I just stumbled across it about 5 minutes ago.

did it remind anyone else of PN-03? Visual style anyways.

I guess it was good. Just like FF12, it doensn't have the visual feel of a final fantasy game.

Looks pretty awesome to me. I'm all for innovation and all that.....

God, what I wouldn't give for a PS3 remake of FFVII. At least I should be able to get it on PSP once that downloadable-PS1-games service is available.

[quote name='willardhaven']I'll just keep replaying IX...[/QUOTE]

Word to that! FFIX fo' life. Reppin zidane and vivi, and steiner too I guess.

MGS4 was pretty sweet. The character models seemed scaled down from the 2005 E3 video. And none of the characters were very recognizable.

Very powerful scene though when snake sits with the gun in his mouth.

[quote name='jer7583']MGS4 was pretty sweet. The character models seemed scaled down from the 2005 E3 video. And none of the characters were very recognizable.

Very powerful scene though when snake sits with the gun in his mouth.[/QUOTE]

I just like the return off all the charatcers in what seems to be a final showdown.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']meryl is one very fine woman in MGS4... huge improvement.[/QUOTE]

shouldnt she be within snakes age maybe by like 10-15 years or so, snake looks ancient and she is still young and hot. Foxdie anyone?

HOLY SHIT I LOVE THAT MGS4 TRAILER!!

Raiden looks really awesome in it as well....this game alone justifies the $500 PS3 purchase for me.

[quote name='whoknows']HOLY SHIT I LOVE THAT MGS4 TRAILER!!

Raiden looks really awesome in it as well....this game alone justifies the $500 PS3 purchase for me.[/QUOTE]

indeed. Kojima sure knows how to make a trailer. Have seen the trailer several times already. Some say there will be a longer trailer at E3, seeing as how some of the "leaked audio" wasn't shown in the trailer we got today (no talk about Outer Heaven).

Raiden looks really awesome in it as well....this game alone justifies the $500 PS3 purchase for me.[/QUOTE]

Kojima is trying to "Man" up Raiden. Smart move by konami.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Kojima is trying to "Man" up Raiden. Smart move by konami.[/QUOTE]

what's funny is that people are now saying they WANT to play as Raiden. I never hated the old Raiden, but the new one definitely kicks ass. He looks dark and evil now, instead of the green, whiney soldier we had in MGS2.

I wish I enjoyed playing the MGS games as much as I enjoy watching their ads. Even though the series is not my thing and not likely to change with MGS 4, I give major props to their promotional team.

Dammit I was gonna buy a new graphics card and load up more more ram for the computer but now I wanna save the money for the overpriced ps3.

Yea I got so many chills while watching that damn trailer. I was going nuts in full MGS fanboy mode. The scene with all the soldiers just makes me hope MGS4 will have an online mode in the first run and we won't have to wait until a "Subsistence"

[quote name='bobo2k4']Anyone notice that those mechanical leg things were bleeding when they were cut off? What the hell was that?[/QUOTE]

wasn't it stated that the new metal gears were part made up of human and machine parts?

[quote name='bobo2k4']Anyone notice that those mechanical leg things were bleeding when they were cut off? What the hell was that?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering where the blood was coming from too. they could be something much more fucked up.

is there a story synopsis out yet?? jeez...I have to know. it looks so insane...all post-apocalyptic.

[quote name='dpatel']wasn't it stated that the new metal gears were part made up of human and machine parts?[/QUOTE]

In metal gear acid 2 it stated that those metal gears were bio engineared with a mix of machine and biological stuff.

[quote name='2Fast']I think I'm the only person I know that likes Raiden.[/quote]

i dunno... he was annoying as hell in the 2nd game, but he seems to kick major ass this time around. I just might have to become a Raiden fan ;)

I've examining the FF13 trailer for what I will only say is an unspecified number of times, I will say that there are no visible teeth for the duration of the trailer. I believe this move was extremely deliberate.

That was one of the big things that Advent Children stumbled on. Teeth.

How well did MGS4 do teeth? I'm not a fan so I didnt watch it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']In metal gear acid 2 it stated that those metal gears were bio engineared with a mix of machine and biological stuff.[/QUOTE]

Where they also programmed to feel pain?

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I've examining the FF13 trailer for what I will only say is an unspecified number of times, I will say that there are no visible teeth for the duration of the trailer. I believe this move was extremely deliberate.

How well did MGS4 do teeth? I'm not a fan so I didnt watch it.[/QUOTE]

You should watch this trailer regardless...it's beautiful.

here you go. Took a bit of searching but this will explain it
Kojima gave some information on MGS4's enemies as well. The mechs that are seen walking together with soldiers and tanks in the trailer are a new type of Metal Gear called Gekkou, which means "moonlight" in Japanese. They're a mixture of mech and creature; the upper half of their body is mechanical, but their legs are organic.
http://www.cnet.com.au/games/print.htm?TYPE=story&AT=40057064-39029232t-10000120c

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']shouldnt she be within snakes age maybe by like 10-15 years or so, snake looks ancient and she is still young and hot. Foxdie anyone?[/QUOTE]
I think its Foxdie or something too. All the characters look about the same age, except Snake who is really old for some reason. If it was normal time passing and normal age then Ocelot would be dead from being that old...but...he doesnt look much older than he was in MGS2....
[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I've examining the FF13 trailer for what I will only say is an unspecified number of times, I will say that there are no visible teeth for the duration of the trailer. I believe this move was extremely deliberate.

How well did MGS4 do teeth? I'm not a fan so I didnt watch it.[/QUOTE]
Yes there are teeth in the MGS4 trailer...normal teeth too...even if you aren't a fan of it though you should still watch it. Its amazingly well done.

[quote name='evophile']anyone else have trouble downloading from gametrailers? I was able to get the low quality version yesterday but now when I try to download anything in Firefox I just get a blank page and in IE it goes to the "game page"[/QUOTE]
I get the same thing...I kept trying to download the HD version for awhile today but I cant get it to work.

How well did MGS4 do teeth? I'm not a fan so I didnt watch it.[/quote]

That has to be the first time I heard someone watching the teeth. I didnt even think of that. Do you think its the teeth itself or the way the mouth moves around them?

Verrrryyy intresting pov

Bahbaha... more gametrailer footage....no "real" footage...they even try to put health bars in to make it look legit...bah, SONY are such lairs...

[quote name='OGHowie']Same here, looking for the 15min MGS4 trailer.[/QUOTE]

Yes on Kojima's site: http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/e3_2006/

However I've yet to get the english version to load, only the japanese one, so I didn't get to see the new parts subtitled. But regardless the game looks awesome and it didn't matter.

Although funny, Raiden's return of badassery would have been much more fun in this trailer had Sony not shown the short one first. Everyone probably would have thought it was Cyber Ninja until the reveal.

[quote name='asianxcore']MGS 4 looks great.

It's probably the only game that is making me want to plop $600+ for a PS3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, though I think of it slightly differently: it's the only game I'm going to miss for those couple of years until the price drops.

OMG OMG...I Just watched the 15min trailer.

Amazing. I doubt anything else at E3 could top it. (IMO of course)

EDIT: If the Konami servers are still being destroyed I could probably upload it to rapidshare or megaupload or something....If anyone wants me to of course.

bread's done
Back