FFXIV Beta starting 6/2

m_d_amore

CAGiversary!
I applied back in march and got accepted apparently on friday in my spam folder . so check yours too if you applied(and forgot)just a heads up

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']nothing in my spam folder, guess i didnt get accepted for the beta. thats a bummer.[/QUOTE]

Same an I applied in December or January :whistle2:(

closed beta's always start small, probebly 100-200 or 1000-2000 to start. Most game servers (depending on how the game is made) support about 1500-3000 per server. My guess closed beta will start with roughly 1000 max.

[quote name='m_d_amore']figures my pc cant even run it just freezes when i load it oh well[/QUOTE]

Makes me sad to hear when that happens because it just means another unused beta account (at least for a while). ;(

More so when I have a friend who got in but not me.

[quote name='clok1966']closed beta's always start small, probebly 100-200 or 1000-2000 to start. Most game servers (depending on how the game is made) support about 1500-3000 per server. My guess closed beta will start with roughly 1000 max.[/QUOTE]

They usually send out at least 2000 on their first go for a real closed beta on a game with a larger following. It's because there will always be a lot of people who play at the beginning and then quit shortly there after. Not to mention others who can't run it or simply can't play the game. A few exceptions with games like Dungeon & Dragons Online where I was one of the first few invitees in alpha testing where it was really a small pool.

Other than that, yeah, you're right.

Hopefully this will turn out to be better than the other FF online game. I tried like hell but couldnt get into it at all. I was constantly frustrated by the games difficulty and the interface and gameplay mechanics pissed me off.

I had a free trial for a month and lasted about 2 weeks.

bread's done
Back