FGT #13 - it's (just about) here... GET HYPE

When you kill a character, can you get anything for free (guaranteed) on the new character as they appear? Like an air throw, or command ground throw.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']When you kill a character, can you get anything for free (guaranteed) on the new character as they appear? Like an air throw, or command ground throw.[/QUOTE]

Not from what I could tell, but I didn't mess around with it too much.

A few other things that spring to mind..

+ RANDOM but if anyone has buttons plugged on their stick, it could kinda stink. My friend was unable to pick the 4th color for certain characters because he has RB plugged on his stick. This included Black and White Deadpool and Mango Sentinel.

+ Tron Bonne has great animations. Was never a big Tron player before so I can't comment on her effectiveness... I couldn't do ANYTHING with her.

+ Doom seems more combo friendly now.

+ I didn't play as Zero, Morrigan or Magneto... yeah I know I didn't play as Mag fucking Neto. I had him on my team once but we got a time over.

+ I couldn't get any advanced combos using OTG pick-ups or X-Factor to work, so it isn't easy as it would appear to be in videos.

+ Dante has some strong juggles that are really easy. Stuff like W M H LAUNCH W M H QCF+H (that spinning move you may have seen in videos) QCF+2xATK.

+ MODOK is goofy as hell to play. He feels really weird and will take some serious commitment. In terms of a keep away character, he would appear to me to be better than Arthur, but it is VERY early.

+ X-23 is great. She is very fast and has great supers. Her DP motion +2xATK super is similar to Wolvie's from MvC2, but comes out very fast. I was able to punish things like crouching H attack on sight with it.

+ Akuma takes a lot, but deals a lot. Pro-Tip: you do his shadow-dash move with the Special Button now... this took me awhile to figure out (and a bunch of wasted meter).

+ Those tag-in juggles that are in all the videos are as easy as they look. I was doing them effectively in like the 2nd or 3rd match I played.

+ Chris is surprisingly strong. I was surprised at the damage you can get just from doing a simple combo into his punch special into super.

+ Spencer will take a lot of time to learn. He is fun though. His QCB+2xATK super is only one powerful hit, which will be useful early in combos because it won't set the damage scaling up high like many supers do.

+ Skrull is one of my favorite new characters. Great supers, powerful attacks, lots of useful stuff. He will be a popular choice.

+ Wesker is going to be great. Lots of options, tons of mobility, damaging combos, a useful level 3, counters, teleport. He will be good.

+ I wasn't feeling the dog at all, although it has pretty cool alts. I couldn't figure anything out with it. It looks great in action though, graphics wise.

+ My boy Sentinel feels really different. Not much to say that you can't get from watching the videos. I wish he had a level 3. I noticed that some versions of Rocket Punch don't travel full-screen anymore.

Anyone who is gettin marvel on dat triple send me an FR if you want to play some matches against someone who's not great.

Also just like Jim I will be at EVO this year.

[quote name='B:L']In Soviet Russia, Fight Club goes to YOU.
[/QUOTE]

LOL so random.

Gief's chest looks like:

MarkTwain.LOC.jpg

the guide was written by other fighting gamers like Buktooth

I think I'll get it, even if I don't get good at the game I'll enjoy reading it like I did the Tekken 5 guide

[quote name='option.iv']Who's ready to mash buttons and rape face?[/QUOTE]
i am ready to perform my moves in a controlled manner and to respectfully play my opponents in even, close fought matches

[quote name='JEKKI']the guide was written by other fighting gamers like Buktooth
[/QUOTE]

^
This

I'll probably pick it up if there are copies at my local GS' Midnight Release. I want that frame data.

EDIT: Shit, Monday is going to be expensive. Added a pre-order for MVC3 on 360 as well as the guide today.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']i'm gameflying so fuck all this pre-order shit... sadly more excited bout MK now and I know that's wrong.[/QUOTE]

You're dead to me. . .Good thing I know some other art $$$ dude named RecklessRoberto. He's cool, and works on Droid games using his Beats By Dre HP laptop. :bouncy:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']You're dead to me. . .Good thing I know some other art $$$ dude named RecklessRoberto. He's cool, and works on Droid games using his Beats By Dre HP laptop. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

tumblr_ldgjdywgIO1qzq7jyo1_500.jpg
Haters-gonna-hate.jpg

tumblr_ldgjdywgIO1qzq7jyo1_500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr. Beef']I know that Roberto dood. He always talks about Dobermans and shit. At least it's a normal-looking breed.[/QUOTE]

True dat. He's a total pimp, life's always a party when ReRoberto is around, livin' life on the edge and getting twisted 24/7/365.25. That's how reckless.

And he knows how to link images properly and not steal others' bandwidth.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']True dat. He's a total pimp, life's always a party when ReRoberto is around, livin' life on the edge and getting twisted 24/7/365.25. That's how reckless.

And he knows how to link images properly and not steal others' bandwidth.[/QUOTE]

Oh shit, you mean the dude who went to evo and had money matches in Tekken with MM?

[quote name='distgfx']Oh shit, you mean the dude who went to evo and had money matches in Tekken with MM?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that dude. He's a bad mother I'll tell you what. His internet isn't laggy either, because he has dat FIOS and doesn't try to run his PS3 through his laptop and leech off of the nearby McDonalds.

Plus his Dragonov is godlike.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Yeah, that dude. He's a bad mother I'll tell you what. His internet isn't laggy either, because he has dat FIOS and doesn't try to run his PS3 through his laptop and leech off of the nearby McDonalds.

Plus his Dragonov is godlike.[/QUOTE]

His button inputs are so precise too, not a single input wasted. He's a busy ass mofo too, legit like.

In an EXTREMELY cruel twist of fate, my brand new fucking Slim is dead. Freezes within 10 minutes of start-up consistently.

Trying to decide whether to return it or request a repair...

I actually have a back-up Xbox, but I won't be able to play with a hard-drive since I transferred all my data onto my Slim. fuck.

Damn Jim, that's terrible. I was actually considering a 360 Short (face it, shit ain't no slimmer) sometime in the future, but I guess I shouldn't even bother. Trademark Microsoft.

Get a flash drive and format it to use on 360, then you can play on your backup and save your shit, then transfer it later.

RecklessRoberto is so good, he brings 360s back to life like he was Jesus. Combo that Towel Trick > FADC > Blowdryer. His 360 is like Gill with infinite meter.

Oh well, on the bright side it will give me some time to mess around in practice mode today.

I'm just going to return my Xbox to Amazon, buy a new one tomorrow at TRU with the $25 gift card with my credit card, and then pay my credit card when I get refunded for my Amazon one.

CRISIS AVERTED.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']i'm gameflying so fuck all this pre-order shit... sadly more excited bout MK now and I know that's wrong.[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with you. MK will be totally radical

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']In an EXTREMELY cruel twist of fate, my brand new fucking Slim is dead. Freezes within 10 minutes of start-up consistently.

Trying to decide whether to return it or request a repair...

I actually have a back-up Xbox, but I won't be able to play with a hard-drive since I transferred all my data onto my Slim. fuck.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you said that before what I was going to post. When I saw you got MVC3 early. I thought to myself joking around. Watch his 360 tank after he got a game he really wanted and early. It would be kind of funny and bam it did. It isn't so funny though. I would be pissed.

[quote name='asianxcore']
Doesn't all the data on your old HD stay on there until you physically delete it after transfer?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but if you put that HDD into another PS3, the PS3 will ask you to format that drive. If he can get it on again, get him to transfer the data to an external or another PS3.

Also, screw you JIMBO! You are suppose to send me a copy.

[quote name='Rodimus']Yeah, did that. I beat it with everyone on Medium but only did 1 round. Maybe I'm missing someone.[/QUOTE]

Go look at your titles, that's how I check to see if I beat the game with someone. If their blue title shows up, you beat it with them.

[quote name='Rodimus']Yeah, did that. I beat it with everyone on Medium but only did 1 round. Maybe I'm missing someone.[/QUOTE]

1 round won't matter.

If you go into the Titles list (where you can change your online title), you can see who you've beat it with (or haven't) since there will be a character title for beating it on Medium or Harder with that specific character.

They are all grouped together, so it won't be hard to spot.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I gotta meet this Roberto dude badly[/QUOTE]in other words, u needa go to Evo badly.

I dont kno if u figured it out, but theyre jus talking about HeavyD

[quote name='asianxcore']Buktooth going nuts on MVC3.

http://www.justin.tv/teamkhaos/b/279454543

Sorry to hear about that Jim. Just found out today a friend of mine had his PS3 die on him just last night.

Doesn't all the data on your old HD stay on there until you physically delete it after transfer?[/QUOTE]

hey i was there!

Man i shouldnt have played this game, im not going to be able to think of anything else until i get my hands on it again and i have a midterm on tuesday

[quote name='JEKKI']in other words, u needa go to Evo badly.

I dont kno if u figured it out, but theyre jus talking about HeavyD[/QUOTE]

Hey, Reckless Roberto may be reckless, but that dude can handle his liquor. Plus his immunity is S++, he never gets Evola ever. He just gives it.

That's just one reason why he's banned from participating at tournaments.

Been watching the sp00ky MvC3 stream all day. Then I participated in a Pokemon tournament and missed the FT10 with Marn and Nerdjosh.

FML

bread's done
Back