FGT #15 answers the age-old question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Beef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Primal Rage, or Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game?

Fighters_Megamix_Coverart.png

I thought the age-old question was whether or not Beef sucks at making FGTs.

Then again, we already knew the answer is yes.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Well I see every single online match of MVC3 still consists of Sentinel beam spam.[/QUOTE]

It's Mahvel, baybee.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Well I see every single online match of MVC3 still consists of Sentinel beam spam.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't bother me.

I've been playing teams that have Wolverine/Dormammu in them.

A) Wolverine rapes Sentinel
B) Dormammu can stand S to absorb all Sent's Spit or LVL 3 when he does either one.

I welcome Beam Spam.

P.S: Random online matches of MVC3 still consist of jump back Super with Akuma :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Started using Wesker instead of Mags on my main team, so I'm currently rolling with the following teams.

A Team
Wesker - B
Dante - A
Sent - A

B Team
Chris - B
Iron Man - A
Tron - B

C Team
Wesker - B
Chun - Y
Hulk - Y

I don't get to play as much as I'd like to, though.

I've gotten the Marvel 3 itch after watching some damn fine Viewtiful Joe play on stream. From what I've seen though, he doesn't have a lot of really damaging combos outside of relying on Slow (he can do around 700k with 2 bars, but other characters can do more with less).

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']

A Team
Wesker - B
Dante - A
Sent - A

[/QUOTE]

Do you replace Sent with Mags when playing offline? This team just screams out " I'm getting stabbed after this match ".

[quote name='LostRoad']Do you replace Sent with Mags when playing offline? This team just screams out " I'm getting stabbed after this match ".[/QUOTE]

Haha nope. Not yet... We will see at the tournament I'm going to in May.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I only play SSFIV. :([/QUOTE]

I still like SSFIV and play occasionally at the various sessions I go to per week, but I'm waiting for AE to come out on Consoles. That way I don't have to plop down .75-$1 at this point to test out new shit/changes.

Wesker is godly. I was going to throw him on my Dorm/Wolvie team, but I didn't like how he fit in there.

Been messing around with Akuma as anchor with Dorm/Wolvie and the results are pretty frikkin' good right now. Tatsu Assist helps those two so much.

[quote name='asianxcore']Does anyone play on PSN anymore, or am I just on at the wrong times?[/QUOTE]

I only play when invited, so whenever I'm on, I'm either playing SP or with somebody else.

[quote name='heavyd853']I'd play with you on psn frankie, but our connection on xbox was assy enough as is![/QUOTE]

Haha true. It wasn't horrible but it definitely didn't cater to X-23 :)

My XBL membership ran out, but I'm probably going to renew it before Mortal Kombat 9 is out.

[quote name='asianxcore']Haha true. It wasn't horrible but it definitely didn't cater to X-23 :)

My XBL membership ran out, but I'm probably going to renew it before Mortal Kombat 9 is out.[/QUOTE]

True that, my chris team was fine online, but trying to land anything with x-23 was (and always is) an exercise in frustration. She's 100% kill or be killed in 1 touch kind of a character.

[quote name='heavyd853']True that, my chris team was fine online, but trying to land anything with x-23 was (and always is) an exercise in frustration. She's 100% kill or be killed in 1 touch kind of a character.[/QUOTE]

Very true. A friend of mine locally plays X-23 on point when we grind out games online, but he literally lives 10 minutes away from my place :lol:

Also you might know the answer to this and it's dumb....

Recently I played someone online who kept dashing underneath my character coming in when he killed the character before. Blocking back got me hit and I didn't know if you could block the other way coming in (Cross-Up). How do you defend against that?

I think if you dont press anything you wont get hit until you land, not sure though, it does work that way for throws. Otherwise I would just do your best air crossup move to see if it hits the person from behind you. I'm not quite sure what to do since it hasnt happened to me, but then again im also notorious for pressing buttons while coming in.

[quote name='heavyd853']I think if you dont press anything you wont get hit until you land, not sure though, it does work that way for throws. Otherwise I would just do your best air crossup move to see if it hits the person from behind you. I'm not quite sure what to do since it hasnt happened to me, but then again im also notorious for pressing buttons while coming in.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to try that, thanks. I played a long set against someone yesterday who did it a bunch because I didn't know how to defend against it.

I didn't think you could block something like a Cross-Up until you hit the ground, since when I tried to I still got blown up anyway.

It's all good, I'm a button presser too. Mostly with Seth in SSFIV. In this game I usually don't press a button coming in unless I see their character do something that will lose to whatever I have coming in.

I

Yes, I love what Chris mine does to airdashers. Its like, hello Magneto, BLAM, oh free combo bahahahahahah

On a side note, I played Oni today at the arcade. He is tight as all hell, and his airdashes (on top of having damaging hitboxes themselves) make for some sick ass wakeup mindgames.

Hmm... according to Captivate, Street Fighter X Tekken is coming to PC. Interesting.

Now I wonder if the game'll be any good.

[quote name='heavyd853']Yes, I love what Chris mine does to airdashers. Its like, hello Magneto, BLAM, oh free combo bahahahahahah
[/QUOTE]

Chris can get so annoying when played right and paired with Assists that cover his gaps.

I'm so glad AE for consoles finally got announced/dated. I've been off SSFIV since MVC3 and I need to get back in.

June 7th= DLC for SSFIV Owners @ $14.99
June 28th= Disc Version @ $39.99

[quote name='Chacrana']Hmm... according to Captivate, Street Fighter X Tekken is coming to PC. Interesting.

Now I wonder if the game'll be any good.[/QUOTE]

Good question. Nice that they are back to throwing PC gamers bones now.

I'll get SSFIV AE PC when it's $10 on Steam. :bouncy:

SFxT looks pretty sweet, I just hope the timing isn't as tight as it was in SF4. I think the game would be better served if it were easier to play.

[quote name='Chacrana']I thought Marvel was Street Fighter Alpha on crack :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
wait

that is true.

@jslice: what do you mean by tight timing in sf4? if anything it feels weird that i can't mash out reversals in mvc3. i feel like a scrub now. stupid sf4.

[quote name='kainzero']wait

that is true.

@jslice: what do you mean by tight timing in sf4? if anything it feels weird that i can't mash out reversals in mvc3. i feel like a scrub now. stupid sf4.[/QUOTE]

the timing for linking moves, like doing LP LP MP is significantly harder in SF4 than a Vs game

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']the timing for linking moves, like doing LP LP MP is significantly harder in SF4 than a Vs game[/QUOTE]
hahah, play cvs2 where there's no plinking. that was probably the start of "let's make everyone's bnb a link combo"

[quote name='kainzero']hahah, play cvs2 where there's no plinking. that was probably the start of "let's make everyone's bnb a link combo"[/QUOTE]

I have played it extensively actually, but I think it really makes a worse game, especially if you are going for a fast-paced juggle happy game. I have a feeling it won't be as strict for timing.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']the timing for linking moves, like doing LP LP MP is significantly harder in SF4 than a Vs game[/QUOTE]

Isn't that more to do with Chaining Vs. Linking? Though there are links in MVC3 (see Dormammu Flame Carpet/MP Shenanigans)

[quote name='kainzero']hahah, play cvs2 where there's no plinking. that was probably the start of "let's make everyone's bnb a link combo"[/QUOTE]

[quote name='heavyd853']On a side note, I played Oni today at the arcade. He is tight as all hell, and his airdashes (on top of having damaging hitboxes themselves) make for some sick ass wakeup mindgames.[/QUOTE]

Does his air dash have a height restriction? Like, can you tiger knee it from right off the ground like cammy used to do with her regular cannon strike?

No it has a pretty steep height restriction, which is about half a jump. Its actually harder to do if you try the tiger knee motion than just inputting it as soon as you jump because of the restriction. You can do it as low as you want coming down though, so you can fake a jump in and then up teleport right over their kd'd body and end up right behind

[quote name='asianxcore']Isn't that more to do with Chaining Vs. Linking? Though there are links in MVC3 (see Dormammu Flame Carpet/MP Shenanigans) [/QUOTE]

Yeah good point. I have a feeling SFvT will have a loose linking based system (similar to Tekken, actually)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back