ELDER GOD 15
Win 200 matches

FLAWLESS X2 10
Win your first double flawless victory against CPU

fuck yes for Virtua Fighter, hopefully the online community for it is decent
I'm getting MK Kollection next week, I need some MK in my life
and fuck yeah, 3rd Strike tomorrow!

[quote name='JEKKI']dood Hankme!!

releasing it that far in the future means u have enough time to save up the amount of purchase!![/QUOTE]

$$$$a please, I can swing it. I just got paid from doing some jobs.

Self employed FTW, I boss myself around. :cool:

[quote name='kainzero']oh VF. the game everyone loves and no one plays.[/QUOTE]

Thought that was Guilty Gear.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Isn't Third Strike supposed to be available today? Has anyone been able to download it on XBLM?[/QUOTE]

For us, the day Street Fighter 3 graced out network was the most important day of our life. But for Xbox live owners. It was tuesday.

[quote name='Jest']Soul Calibur V is going to be the best fighter released this year. Right?[/QUOTE]

notsureifserious.jpg

[quote name='Jest']Soul Calibur V is going to be the best fighter released next year. Right?[/QUOTE]
i do trust the team. filthierich knows what he's doing.

i don't see the complaints with supers and EX moves though. we've been doing them in SF for years, what's wrong with adding them in a 3d fighter? it's a good step towards separating it from tekken.

[quote name='kainzero']i do trust the team. filthierich knows what he's doing.

i don't see the complaints with supers and EX moves though. we've been doing them in SF for years, what's wrong with adding them in a 3d fighter? it's a good step towards separating it from tekken.[/QUOTE]
The weapons separate it from Tekken.

That and completely different buttons and style of gameplay.

[quote name='B:L']The weapons separate it from Tekken.

That and completely different buttons and style of gameplay.[/QUOTE]
weapons are about cosmetic as costumes. they are just ways to hit people and do damage and in the end most of the mechanics remain the same.

there is a ton of carryover from SC to Tekken. many good players in one can easily pick up the other. (more so from Tekken to SC than vice versa).

here
have a dhalsim dollar
110818-do-1.gif

[quote name='kainzero']weapons are about cosmetic as costumes. they are just ways to hit people and do damage and in the end most of the mechanics remain the same.

there is a ton of carryover from SC to Tekken. many good players in one can easily pick up the other. (more so from Tekken to SC than vice versa).

here
have a dhalsim dollar
110818-do-1.gif
[/QUOTE]
The different ranges of weapons create a whole different dynamic to the fight.

There's really nothing in Tekken that's comparable to something like Ivy keeping Talim out. I'll admit that guard impact is at least comparable to Tekken 4 because every playable character had a parry.

block button vs. holding "back" is a fairly major difference though!

Anyways I just got Third Strike for Xbox and I'm completely unable to connect to any matches online. My NAT is green and I just played several Mortal Kombat matches without issue (and Mortal Kombat is notoriously shitty with connections). What gives??

[quote name='BustaUppa']block button vs. holding "back" is a fairly major difference though!

Anyways I just got Third Strike for Xbox and I'm completely unable to connect to any matches online. My NAT is green and I just played several Mortal Kombat matches without issue (and Mortal Kombat is notoriously shitty with connections). What gives??[/QUOTE]

Ranked Match seems pretty much broken, I got into maybe 1 out of 10 matches. The lobbies work fine, though.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Ranked Match seems pretty much broken, I got into maybe 1 out of 10 matches. The lobbies work fine, though.[/QUOTE]When I join a lobby it'll say there's a match in progress, then I get some prompts saying "waiting for host migration to complete" after which the room seems to reset and I'm suddenly the only guy there. :wall:

maaaaaaaaan now I remember why I dont like fighting games!!

Im here playing 3S for like half an hour, all tense n shyt trying to do well, and the whole time Im getting maad sweaty!!

it's gross... I can begin to smell the stank and feel like taking another shower >_<

and my chair feels wet too.

[quote name='JEKKI']it's gross... I can begin to smell the stank and feel like taking another shower >_<

and my chair feels wet too.[/QUOTE]

You're ready for evo 2012, son.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Ranked Match seems pretty much broken, I got into maybe 1 out of 10 matches. The lobbies work fine, though.[/QUOTE]

You playing on 360?

It takes a bit on PS3, but I haven't had any problems really like that.

GGs beef. I realized I don't know shit about how to play a proper Q, but I've just picked up Remy and seem like I can hold my ground good with him.

I realize my main problem is that I don't know any of the normals for Q or Remy so time to spend in training will help.

Yeah, 360.

Also playing 3s today was funny. Just dicking around with the single-player stuff, I was thinking "god, I am so fucking bad at this game" and then when I played online I was like "god, everyone else is so fucking bad at this game" haha. I think I lost once in player match today, aside from when I was doing random against some CAGs.

you guys got free posters in this thread? wtf

3s online is great. played for a few hours in a lobby tonight. really my first time ever spent with the game.

I like how oro plays but he is not the typical 3s rushdown playstyle.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']GGs beef. I realized I don't know shit about how to play a proper Q, but I've just picked up Remy and seem like I can hold my ground good with him.

I realize my main problem is that I don't know any of the normals for Q or Remy so time to spend in training will help.[/QUOTE]

GGs. I'm still ass with Alex and Ibuki.

For all of the cries of SF3 having very strict timing, I'm finding QCF's to be MUCH easier here than in S/SF4. They seem extremely forgiving in comparison.

Also managed to get Practice Makes Perfect because of the Trials Stun Glitch. I wonder if I could use it for Parry Trial #10.

Well I finally got a couple of matches in 3S0 but the matchmaking is still abnormally sluggish. And when I get a list of lobbies I only get two red/orange pings on top and a bunch of question marks for the rest. I imagine this is just Day 1 jitters and things will be worked out shortly though.

Also I think I messed up in a lobby earlier by pressing "A" when I wasn't supposed to. It's instinctive to press "A" to start the next match, but I think that actually toggled off my "ready" state and gave up my place in line to the next guy.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']You playing on 360?
I realize my main problem is that I don't know any of the normals for Q or Remy so time to spend in training will help.[/QUOTE]

YouTube

Remy: Shamoji, Tsumoon, Pierrot
Q: Kuroda (any surprises here?)

[quote name='B:L']The weapons separate it from Tekken.

That and completely different buttons and style of gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I don't have 3S Online yet. Which system? Somebody tell me.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']GGs. I'm still ass with Alex and Ibuki.[/QUOTE]

I'm too much of an ass to realize that with Alex... you stunned the fuck outa my stupid Q

[quote name='asianxcore']YouTube

Q: Kuroda (any surprises here?)[/QUOTE]

sweet, thx

PS3 Hank

[quote name='BustaUppa']Also I think I messed up in a lobby earlier by pressing "A" when I wasn't supposed to. It's instinctive to press "A" to start the next match, but I think that actually toggled off my "ready" state and gave up my place in line to the next guy.[/QUOTE]

I think everybody is doing that their first time.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Rolento never actually plays with anyone, if you got it on 360 you could play with me.[/QUOTE]

who plays on 360? only Puerto Ricans do that.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Rolento never actually plays with anyone, if you got it on 360 you could play with me.[/QUOTE]

If you got it on PS3, you could play with him.
lol

Wait... you don't own one anymore, do you?

360~!!! I bought a points card and 3 mo gold sub jus for 3S!!

then I bought Deus Ex lol. yeay I aint playin much 3S.[quote name='distgfx']You're ready for evo 2012, son.[/QUOTE]whatchu talkin bout?

whatchu talkin bout, Willis??

I've been ready.

where have u been?

huh?!?!

[quote name='jer7583']you guys got free posters in this thread? wtf[/QUOTE]there's still posters left.

everyone seems to only be asking for the ones Jimbo and BigWind already claimed lol.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']GGs beef. I realized I don't know shit about how to play a proper Q, but I've just picked up Remy and seem like I can hold my ground good with him.

I realize my main problem is that I don't know any of the normals for Q or Remy so time to spend in training will help.[/QUOTE]really?!?!?! REALLY?!?! playing with Beef made u realize that?!?!

in other words, this whole time u thought otherwise?!?!?!

[quote name='JEKKI']whatchu talkin bout, Willis??

I've been ready.

where have u been?

huh?!?![/QUOTE]

Hiding under my bed sheets.

[quote name='asianxcore']YouTube

Q: Kuroda (any surprises here?)[/QUOTE]

May I also add TM for Q?
Kuroda's known for his Q, but plays all of the cast extremely well.

TM is pretty devoted to Q, I think.

[quote name='JEKKI']I cant get into any freakin matches!!!!

maaaan fukk this game!![/QUOTE]

Isn't ranked broken on the 360 right now?

Yeah its broken atm, you can get a ranked match but it is like mvc3 were it can take a long ass time. Just do tournaments j, shits fun start party-->form torni-->talk shit-->fight

[quote name='distgfx']Isn't ranked broken on the 360 right now?[/QUOTE]for realz?!?!?!

maaaaaan I cant believe I spent a whole $15 extra for this gold card!!!

fukk 360, fukk PS3,

I wish they'da jus done the right thing and ported this game to the Super Nintendo

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']GGs to Arikado. I wish that I could actually hit confirm shit, but between the HDTV lag and playing online it's pretty difficult haha.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty bad at hit confirming, too. I don't really notice too much lag personally. It's probably there, but I think it has more to do with that fact that I haven't played 3S is ages.

Also, that was some weird shit with Q's command grab on Hugo. The follow up ex dash punch would send you flying all over the fucking place.

[quote name='Arikado']I'm pretty bad at hit confirming, too. I don't really notice too much lag personally. It's probably there, but I think it has more to do with that fact that I haven't played 3S is ages.

Also, that was some weird shit with Q's command grab on Hugo. The follow up ex dash punch would send you flying all over the fucking place.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it plays great, but it stills feels the slightest bit off when playing online to me. Like sometimes stuff happens a frame or two after I anticipated it happening. Still much better than Marvel, Soul Calibur, Tekken or MK.

and yeah that was weird, didn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to it.

There's a patch out for the 360 version. I think it was supposed to fix replays and matchmaking, but I don't think it helped any.

I found out that if Gill resurrects in Arcade Mode the best solution is to knock him on his ass before his health can fully regenerate. I'm sure some of you guys already knew that, but it's new to me, dangit!

bread's done
Back