FGT XX isn't as good as Guilty Gear XX

I'm not up on latest nerfs and whatnot, but please tell me they nerfed spencer... they nerfed the two characters I hate like a fucker (Phoenix and Sentinel) where I like em now, so I'm just waiting for the same with Spencer.

God I hate him.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm not up on latest nerfs and whatnot, but please tell me they nerfed spencer... they nerfed the two characters I hate like a fucker (Phoenix and Sentinel) where I like em now, so I'm just waiting for the same with Spencer.

God I hate him.[/QUOTE]

Did Capcom Nerf Spencer? Not by a long shot. If anything they gave him more tools to extend combos/damage.

Sentinel is still good in the right hands. You have to play him more like a BS/Mixup character now instead of completely derping it out with him every maych.

[quote name='asianxcore']Did Capcom Nerf Spencer? Not by a long shot. If anything they gave him more tools to extend combos/damage.

Sentinel is still good in the right hands. You have to play him more like a BS/Mixup character now instead of completely derping it out with him every maych.[/QUOTE]

fuck spencer.... >_<

Sentinel feels more fare now prob because of that.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']fuck spencer.... >_<

Sentinel feels more fare now prob because of that.[/QUOTE]

I never thought of Sentinel as "unfair". Sure he dished out hella damage (which he still does now) and had lots of life (in Vanilla), but he lost to all of the good Pixies (Wolverine, Zero, X-23) and pretty much every Top Tier/Upper Tier Character that had great zoning (which is pretty much all of them).

Too many people get whacked by Sentinel because they always try to approach him too much while he has X-Factor instead of running it out and challenging the Sentinel player to show off his/her movement options with Sentinel. Also too many people don't respect the kind of mind games he can do with Fake Fry Pan Setups, and Setups off of regular throw + Command Throw.

Also let's not forgot how many folks don't respect his 3 Armored Normals.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm not up on latest nerfs and whatnot, but please tell me they nerfed spencer... they nerfed the two characters I hate like a fucker (Phoenix and Sentinel) where I like em now, so I'm just waiting for the same with Spencer.

God I hate him.[/QUOTE]

Hey shaq fu you too for hating on Phoenix!

They nerfed Phoenix with the patch... what did the shitty low tier lawyer ever do to you? :cry:

[quote name='B:L']Hey shaq fu you too for hating on Phoenix!

They nerfed Phoenix with the patch... what did the shitty low tier lawyer ever do to you? :cry:[/QUOTE]

I have no idea why Capcom decided to nerf Wright's Assist. Give the guy something!

Yet here we are with the brain dead Varja Assist floating around.

lol fuck me.... the entire time I said spencer I meant Wesker... lol I hate Wesker like a fucker but love Spencer... one of the few characters I can play.

I meant Jean Grey also, not Wright.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']lol fuck me.... the entire time I said spencer I meant Wesker... lol I hate Wesker like a fucker but love Spencer... one of the few characters I can play.

I meant Jean Grey also, not Wright.[/QUOTE]

Same thing I said about Spencer applies to Wesker. Did they nerf Wesker? Hell no.

They took away some things away but then gave him lots of new tools to work with.

GGs AxC. That Sentinel is such a bastard. I almost had the Arthur victory during the last game too, if it wasn't for Golden Armor taking up my blocking time. :(

[quote name='Mr. Beef']GGs AxC. That Sentinel is such a bastard. I almost had the Arthur victory during the last game too, if it wasn't for Golden Armor taking up my blocking time. :([/QUOTE]

GG's to you too! I LOL'd at the final team.

See what I mean about Sentinel? :)

Once you start disrespecting his throws, they start disrespecting you.

So uh... now that a lot of fighters have solid release dates now, which do you plan to pick up? I'm not talking about the "I'll play it because my friends are, but I hate the game" type of pick-up, but ones that you'll legitimately enjoy. You can also name the ones you're legitimately enjoying now!

Future - BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Now - Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

Enjoying Now: UMVC3, SSFIV: AE 2012
Future Pickups: Skullgirls

I would put KOF XIII as a game I'm enjoying, but I've put so much time into UMVC3, I haven't really played KOF XIII that much.

[quote name='asianxcore']Enjoying Now: UMVC3, SSFIV: AE 2012
Future Pickups: Skullgirls

I would put KOF XIII as a game I'm enjoying, but I've put so much time into UMVC3, I haven't really played KOF XIII that much.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, KoFXIII is pretty good, but I can't really see myself putting any time into it beyond screwing around with friends.

[quote name='distgfx']Yeah, KoFXIII is pretty good, but I can't really see myself putting any time into it beyond screwing around with friends.[/QUOTE]

A LOT of my friends play KOF XIII, but between UMVC3 and AE 2012, I really don't want to divide my focus on the two games I play Competitively already.

[quote name='asianxcore']A LOT of my friends play KOF XIII, but between UMVC3 and AE 2012, I really don't want to divide my focus on the two games I play Competitively already.[/QUOTE]

That would fall under the "I only play it because my friends" do category, kind of like what SFIV was for me. If you happen to enjoy them anyway, then good for you.

[quote name='asianxcore']GG's to you too! I LOL'd at the final team.

See what I mean about Sentinel? :)

Once you start disrespecting his throws, they start disrespecting you.[/QUOTE]

The final team is what I'm using for H&H mode, although I'm making a secondary team too (Ryu/Frank/Wesker). I also have an Arthur/Multiple Man build. It's hilariously fun, although it needs the Fou-Lu card to make it perfect.

amazingly...

Now: UMvC3 (but vs humans I need time to get better, loving it now that it makes sense to me... mostly), Tekken Tag Tourney HD (I miss old tekken)

Future: SFxT, TTT2

that's it really.

I'm going all in on KOFXIII for now and the forseeable future, Marvels just not cutting it for me right now. I will definitely check out skullgirls though

[quote name='distgfx']That would fall under the "I only play it because my friends" do category, kind of like what SFIV was for me. If you happen to enjoy them anyway, then good for you.[/QUOTE]

I love the KOF series (see Leona avatar that never changes), have a grip of the JPN versions of the PS2 games imported for my PS2 and so on. I bought the new game because I liked it and THOUGHT I would be putting more time into it, but UMVC3 has me hooked.

[quote name='heavyd853']I'm going all in on KOFXIII for now and the forseeable future, Marvels just not cutting it for me right now. I will definitely check out skullgirls though[/QUOTE]

YEA SON!

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I'll jump back into KOF if that netcode patch is true and applied. It's the only way I'll be able to play other people. :|[/QUOTE]

Not if you hitch rides to RamNation. 30+ person brackets for that game.

i finally beat someone at a fighting game in japan!
it was just some scrubby cammy/dudley player at a random arcade though. he had kansai in his name so i wonder if he came all the way from osaka.

i also saw some guy get mad salty after he lost in ttt2. his gf was watching and after he lost he slammed his hands on the controls before picking up his stuff and angrily sulking out. his girlfriend just sat there like "wtf" for a while before going to find him. i don't know where they went.

Someone got preeeeetty salty at me in H&H mode a little while ago. I was using Multiple Man Arthur and he called me a douche after I won. Poor Doom/Ghost Rider/Ammy. :lol:

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']What's Multiple Man do? I've been using Mephisto (Main) and 2x Kingpin. Instakill so easy.[/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken, I think it lets you play only 1 character on your team, but 3 times.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Someone got preeeeetty salty at me in H&H mode a little while ago. I was using Multiple Man Arthur and he called me a douche after I won. Poor Doom/Ghost Rider/Ammy. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's what that person gets for playing such an ass-backwards team.

Merry Christmas!!!!

PeJgQ.jpg

[quote name='asianxcore']If I'm not mistaken, I think it lets you play only 1 character on your team, but 3 times.

That's what that person gets for playing such an ass-backwards team.[/QUOTE]
Yup. I use Multiple Man/Fou-Lu (primary)/X. I get 3 X-Factors so I can abuse Gold Armor Arthur, and X gives him an air-dash so I can rushdown. I mostly lose to Fin Fang Foom decks, but fuckin' rushdown Arthur is the most fun I've had with H&H yet.

[quote name='kainzero']i finally beat someone at a fighting game in japan!
it was just some scrubby cammy/dudley player at a random arcade though. he had kansai in his name so i wonder if he came all the way from osaka.

i also saw some guy get mad salty after he lost in ttt2. his gf was watching and after he lost he slammed his hands on the controls before picking up his stuff and angrily sulking out. his girlfriend just sat there like "wtf" for a while before going to find him. i don't know where they went.[/QUOTE]

Should have gotten his girl's number!

Totally quoted the wrong post.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Jekki - I got off work so it's on man. I'll be there Saturday afternoon, that cool?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Totally quoted the wrong post.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Jekki - I got off work so it's on man. I'll be there Saturday afternoon, that cool?[/QUOTE]

If it's your primary: Unlimited activations of X-Factor at the cost of HC gauge per activation. No longer allowed to use Hyper Combos.
Secondary: Permanent X-Factor as long as you have 3 or more HC bars. No more Hyper Combos.

Obviously my primary gameplan with Multiple Man Arthur is ruined due to constant X-Factor, so I have to rely on opening people up with rushdown. It's extraordinarily risky, but when it works, it looks fantastic.

Also, Merry ChristmaHanaKwanzaa to everyone!

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Also, Merry ChristmaHanaKwanzaa to everyone![/QUOTE]

And a Merry ChristmaHanaKwanzaa to you, too. Emilio wants money for ChristmaHanaKwanzaa.

[quote name='Thomas96']Should have gotten his girl's number![/QUOTE]
This.
[quote name='asianxcore']Merry X-Mas everyone![/QUOTE]
Yes, Merry X-Mas!! ^__^

I wish there was an easier way to get all the cards in Heroes and Heralds.

I have about 81% of the cards, but I'm tired of playing against the CPU, which can magically block unblockable setups.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Jekki - I got off work so it's on man. I'll be there Saturday afternoon, that cool?[/QUOTE]it's cool~!!! any1 else goin to Magfest?!?! we gonna hang out with Phrosty and Manana!

Im debating whether or not to get that tattoo while Im visiting lol. o_O

[quote name='JEKKI']it's cool~!!! any1 else goin to Magfest?!?! we gonna hang out with Phrosty and Manana!

Im debating whether or not to get that tattoo while Im visiting lol. o_O[/QUOTE]

is THE MANA KNIGHT gonna be there?

also, you aren't bringing your stick by any chance, are you? there is a marvel tournament at 8 that night that i plan to enter, but i need a stupid ps3 stick.

So uh... the games for Evo are being announced on Tuesday, what are your guy's predictions? I predict:

AE 2012
UMvC3
SFxT
BBCS:EX
SCV or MK, probably SCV

Tekken 6 will most likely be on that list.

But seriously these fighting games I careless about. Need some new life on there like Skullgirls or something.

U nigz be fo' gettinz bout dat GHEY 'OFz XIII ^_^ (good chance to get in therez, nigz be getting mad hypez)

U can bet it on dat:
GHEY E 2012
n
UMVC Treez

Prolly

Moast likely on these:
SFXT
SCV
MK9 (hope not but think it is gonna get in)

Tekken 6 prolly gonna get dropped me thinkz as a main, be a side tourney or they do a invitational or side tourney wif cabz on TTT2. Would love to see TTT2 as top 4 or 8 on final day, game is too sick.

Meh Meh on BBCSEX (

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']
You're going.[/QUOTE]

I can afford it this year, but the new problem is if I'll even be in the US of A when it happens. I might be off to Sweden if things go my way for some art credits... and women... and women.

truth.jpeg

[quote name='distgfx']So uh... the games for Evo are being announced on Tuesday, what are your guy's predictions? I predict:

AE 2012
UMvC3
SFxT
BBCS:EX
SCV or MK, probably SCV[/QUOTE]my prediction:

uraizin
hankme
rolento
mistah 100% BEEF HAWT DAWG

is my list of ppl who wont be there lol.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']is THE MANA KNIGHT gonna be there?

also, you aren't bringing your stick by any chance, are you? there is a marvel tournament at 8 that night that i plan to enter, but i need a stupid ps3 stick.[/QUOTE]manana should be there... he lives locally and loves conventions.

I wouldnt hang out with him tho lol. freakin eat chicken fingers and hamburger meat and not talk to girls...

and nope wont be bringing stick... traveling light so I can take more crap with me back home lol

[quote name='JEKKI']my prediction:

uraizin
hankme
rolento
mistah 100% BEEF HAWT DAWG

is my list of ppl who wont be there lol.[/QUOTE]

That list is disturbingly accurate.

bread's done
Back