FGT XX isn't as good as Guilty Gear XX

[quote name='distgfx']Is it bad that I have no clue what this is?[/QUOTE]
no because none of us play starcraft 2

what a terrible game!
go go bw!

all this talk about SCVs!

Shush, Terran.
[quote name='MarkMan']Extended series (ala MLG) has been around for a long time...[/QUOTE]
I know.

But think of the poor Martians.

I can feel the Ivy flowing back into me. 4 will be a long gone memory in no time.

Time to dominate.

SOULCALIBUR V casual online matches featuring MarkMan (Yoshimitsu) & Filthierich (Natsu) - http://www.youtube.com/user/MarkManSDT/videos

---

I used the PlayStation 3 Replay Mode option to export the movies in MPEG4 format, then uploaded them to YouTube after. Neat stuff!

BTW if anyone is wondering, Rich and I were playing against each other online and he lives about 10 hours away (driving) from me.

[quote name='MarkMan']I'm no celebrity. I'm just trying to push the game/community as much as I can! :D[/QUOTE]

You'll always be the ARCADE STICK celebrity.

Unlocked the platinum trophy in UMvC3 this morning, and I think I can say you know Capcom messed up their trophy list when ANY large player lobby at late evening/early morning is filled with people grinding (via idle or turbo) for that 30 hour trophy.

I was curious about Phantom Breaker too until I watched their gameplay trailer... instant X button.

Argh! So conflicted about SCV.

Gameplay is tight as hell, fast again (welcome back SCII speed :D ), great graphics... but... I don't play online (I know I know, shame on me) and in terms of single player content, this is one of the worst fighting games I have every played. I cannot remember the last time a fighter didn't even have endings for the characters in Arcade mode. Yeah, they're usually only a few seconds long and stupid as hell, but it was something. A carrot at the end of a stick.

Hell, even MVC3/UMVC3 had character endings, and that's a team fighter for shit's sake.

SC has always been one of my favorite fighting series (along with GG and BB) because there was always soooo much to do in it. Mission mode, arcade mode endings, weapon unlocks, character profiles (another shocking omission from V), etc.

I don't mind changing up the roster. SFIII did, and it was still a great game. Hell, most the damned playstyles are almost all still there at least, even if the characters aren't. It just all feels so half assed though.

Sorry about the rant :D

Finally, UPS updated my tracking for SCV LE...have to wait till Thur tho. I'm guessing most of you have the PS3 version though. Ordered the 360 one

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Finally, UPS updated my tracking for SCV LE...have to wait till Thur tho. I'm guessing most of you have the PS3 version though. Ordered the 360 one[/QUOTE]

I have it on 360.

[quote name='MarkMan']I'm no celebrity. I'm just trying to push the game/community as much as I can! :D[/QUOTE]
I don't know whether to shake your hand, or kiss it, or bow, or what.

I feel like breakdancing.

I'm also on 360. Messed around a little in the online and it's quite smooth. I don't know if it's just be, but does controlling the characters seem easier now than in SC4? For example, I was awful with Hilde, and while I still am, I notice I'm much better than before with her.

Any of you guys that play on 360 interested in getting a session going on tomorrow night (Thursday night)? I get done my second job at 9 PM EST. I'm looking to level up against some real people.

Good games to asianxcore yesterday!

I like the composition of your new team. It definitely works well together, and I think it's more versatile than your last one. Some very cool setups in there. I've been trying to learn Chris a little, since I think he's really good in Ultimate and I always found his style to be interesting. That's why I was trying to use him in the beginning.

I just made up that Dante reset/unblockable yesterday and I wanted to try it out. It looks like it works well enough if I don't screw it up, and can lead to a dead character off pretty much any single hit for 1 meter cost. I like it better than Stinger xx bold cancel xx Grapple just because that's harder to do consistently offline, much less online.

Glad to see SCV getting some support from the FGC. I saw tons of streams last night of players like Justin Wong, Floe, PR Balrog playing and saying theyre having a really good time with it.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Any of you guys that play on 360 interested in getting a session going on tomorrow night (Thursday night)? I get done my second job at 9 PM EST. I'm looking to level up against some real people.[/QUOTE]

I'm down. You can tell which person I'll be. The one that's not as good as all of you. :razz:

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Any of you guys that play on 360 interested in getting a session going on tomorrow night (Thursday night)? I get done my second job at 9 PM EST. I'm looking to level up against some real people.[/QUOTE]
If UPS delivers my copy tomorrow in time and can get some practice in, I'd be down

And I just added you and JS to my XBL list

Some quick Soul Calibur thoughts..

- i really miss the guard impact b+G, f+g system. alot.
- xiba seems crazy good. he gets a ton of free damage for next to nothing (this is day 3 so this has a very high chance to change, he just seems really good right now). he has so many 2-4 hit combos that seem guaranteed if the first connects.
- siegfried is still the man.
- online play seems really good. i've only had 1 bad match so far out of about 15.
- legandary souls is cool, but fighting against super hard ai = frustrating.
- i really hate that they put slots on the character select screen for the dlc character. they did the same shit with yoda / vader and it makes it look stupid.
- all of the new characters (patroklas, pyrrha, zwei, viola) seem really cool and unique. i like playing as all 4, including pyrrha. i never liked cassie or sophitia, but i like her.
- create a character is better than ever. i hope i can unlock flame pants to make a legit jin / devil jin. the devil jin soul is honestly one of my favorite characters.
- astaroth is still a beast against the AI.
- quick battle is alot of fun when you just feel like playing a few matches.
- the win 10 ranked matches as ezio achievement is a bunch of bullshit.
- nightmare seems really crappy compared to siegfried. his lows all suck and he has no options out of grim step that you can't just guard high against. (again, it's day 3, so i'm probably wrong about this. just initial impressions).
- having all 3 clone characters, while not ideal, is actually kind of nice. i find myself picking all 3 at different times.

i have about 4 hours put into the game so far. i really like it. hoping to find more time this weekend to play.

I need to get some more practice in myself. Have to go out tomorrow and get a new controller. For the same reasons I can't play FPS games, I can't exactly play this right. Hoping to get one of those controllers like they put out when SF4 first came out. Just now they have WWE on the front, but whatev's

Also, has anyone ever used this controller and what were your impressions on it?

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-versus-controller-pdp/90035

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Some quick Soul Calibur thoughts..

- i really miss the guard impact b+G, f+g system. alot.
- xiba seems crazy good. he gets a ton of free damage for next to nothing (this is day 3 so this has a very high chance to change, he just seems really good right now). he has so many 2-4 hit combos that seem guaranteed if the first connects.
- siegfried is still the man.
- online play seems really good. i've only had 1 bad match so far out of about 15.
- legandary souls is cool, but fighting against super hard ai = frustrating.
- i really hate that they put slots on the character select screen for the dlc character. they did the same shit with yoda / vader and it makes it look stupid.
- all of the new characters (patroklas, pyrrha, zwei, viola) seem really cool and unique. i like playing as all 4, including pyrrha. i never liked cassie or sophitia, but i like her.
- create a character is better than ever. i hope i can unlock flame pants to make a legit jin / devil jin. the devil jin soul is honestly one of my favorite characters.
- astaroth is still a beast against the AI.
- quick battle is alot of fun when you just feel like playing a few matches.
- the win 10 ranked matches as ezio achievement is a bunch of bullshit.
- nightmare seems really crappy compared to siegfried. his lows all suck and he has no options out of grim step that you can't just guard high against. (again, it's day 3, so i'm probably wrong about this. just initial impressions).
- having all 3 clone characters, while not ideal, is actually kind of nice. i find myself picking all 3 at different times.

i have about 4 hours put into the game so far. i really like it. hoping to find more time this weekend to play.[/QUOTE]

feel the same...

cept the b+G, f+g system always slowd the game for me... at least the b+G, keep the f+G

Has Sigfried changed much? I feel like I'm playing him in SCIII all over again with nothing new added other than some move properties... not that that's bad, just feels exactly the same.

The character creator I'm a bit pissed about... the tools have expanded but the actual items to use have been pretty much the same since SCIII...

the game feels like an upgraded port of SC PSP since alot of what was in there came over to this game (quick battle and new character creator stuff... as well as how the story is). Heck, Lizardman looks and plays alot like a mix of his old self with Kratos moves from SC PSP (wings and dual axes)

Currently just using my TE to play SC:V. It works decently enough. Not a vet of this series, def need to get used to this vert/horiz thing. Rolling with Natsu atm.

[quote name='GuardianE']Good games to asianxcore yesterday!

I like the composition of your new team. It definitely works well together, and I think it's more versatile than your last one. Some very cool setups in there. I've been trying to learn Chris a little, since I think he's really good in Ultimate and I always found his style to be interesting. That's why I was trying to use him in the beginning.

I just made up that Dante reset/unblockable yesterday and I wanted to try it out. It looks like it works well enough if I don't screw it up, and can lead to a dead character off pretty much any single hit for 1 meter cost. I like it better than Stinger xx bold cancel xx Grapple just because that's harder to do consistently offline, much less online.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

I kinda want to make a Chris team too, he looks fun haha

I like the new team more mostly because I'm always at a good spot no matter where I am character-wise. With the last team, it had a poor anchor compared to my current character.

I really liked that Dante setup. Totally worth the meter!

Currently sitting at #12 in the world for speed in Soul Calibur V arcade mode...

oP1kX.jpg

I'll jump back in the FGT game here...as I've been out for quite a while (and VERY out of practice...) I picked up SCV :360:, and I'm thrilled with it except for the balancing. Nightmare/Sig/Ast...the range needs nerfed a little bit on these guys. Either that or I REALLY suck at SC anymore.

And who knows, I may actually open the copies of Mortal Kombat and Samurai Shodown Sen sitting on my shelf while I'm in a fighting groove...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I need to get some more practice in myself. Have to go out tomorrow and get a new controller. For the same reasons I can't play FPS games, I can't exactly play this right. Hoping to get one of those controllers like they put out when SF4 first came out. Just now they have WWE on the front, but whatev's

Also, has anyone ever used this controller and what were your impressions on it?

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-versus-controller-pdp/90035[/QUOTE]
Gamestop also has the Mad Catz WWE Sticks for $30 on clearance, if you can deal with the WWE artwork (or change it out, which requires a little photoshopping).

I haven't used the controller you reference, but I've used the Mad Catz stick, and for the $10 price difference, you can't go wrong.

[quote name='Ronin317']I'll jump back in the FGT game here...as I've been out for quite a while (and VERY out of practice...) I picked up SCV :360:, and I'm thrilled with it except for the balancing. Nightmare/Sig/Ast...the range needs nerfed a little bit on these guys. Either that or I REALLY suck at SC anymore.

And who knows, I may actually open the copies of Mortal Kombat and Samurai Shodown Sen sitting on my shelf while I'm in a fighting groove...

Gamestop also has the Mad Catz WWE Sticks for $30 on clearance, if you can deal with the WWE artwork (or change it out, which requires a little photoshopping).

I haven't used the controller you reference, but I've used the Mad Catz stick, and for the $10 price difference, you can't go wrong.[/QUOTE]
Didn't know about the stick. Just checked the online inventory thing and the closest store is over an hour drive. I could care less about the artwork on either. Plus the pad will come in handy for 6 button Genesis games

[quote name='MarkMan']^ Best guide ever so far (better than UMVC3 IMHO).[/QUOTE]
I'll second that. Top notch art, extensive strategy...and it's hardcover. I snapped it up. I usually wait for the guides to hit clearance, but not this one.

I also picked up the SCV guide. I normally don't buy strategy guides and just get the info I need online, but after seeing my friend's copy, I had to get one as well. Very nice all around, even if I've only briefly browsed a few pages thus far.

KOF 13 is having a new arcade release. King of Fighters XIII Climax edition. Console version sold enough to prompt an arcade update. Hawt.

Who is everyone playing and enjoying in SC5?

Sticking to mainly Siegfried and Astraroth, with a little Leixia mixed in.

Also been just doing random and Edge Master a lot.

bread's done
Back