FGT XXIII ver. 2013 buffed everyone but ReRo

moving honestly sucks. it's high stress plus even when you are in a new place it's hard to get comfy since it's not exactly home yet :(

plus just carrying and packing and unpacking is hell... I have to move in a year from now once I get my masters so I'm trying to get rid of things as I have them. I cut back huge on my game collection, and am thinking of getting rid of more.

I have had the habbit of selling games I dont touch anymore or run out of meaning for me, but I need help with you guy's advice:

I always keep fighting games I own but am considering selling my older stuff I don't play. It's mostly PS2 stuff, but it is nice to have a fighter on hand no matter how shitty. 

should I sell my old stuff? It's mostly older soul calibur games and other things I forget.

Sell everything, honestly. I sold a bunch of my stuff in preparation for the move that didn't end up coming to be, and I regret nothing. On the rare chance that you actually decide you need it down the line, you'll lose next to nothing rebuying it. Plus with the way stuff is re-released these days, you basically don't need old consoles anymore. This generation has easily been the best for fighters ever... Just thinking about it:

SF2: Hyper

Super Turbo

MK1

MK2

MK3

UMK3

Soul Cal 1

Soul Cal 2 (shortly)

Tekken Tag

Guilty Gear

Mark of the Wolves

Various KoFs including 98

3s

Marvel 1

Marvel 2

Marvel Superheroes

Samurai Shodown 2

Fatal Fury Special

CvS2

I'm sure there are a ton more, and that doesn't even include disc based games like SF4, MK9 and UMvC3. I see very little reason to own a retro console for fighters these days.

Sell everything, honestly. I sold a bunch of my stuff in preparation for the move that didn't end up coming to be, and I regret nothing. On the rare chance that you actually decide you need it down the line, you'll lose next to nothing rebuying it. Plus with the way stuff is re-released these days, you basically don't need old consoles anymore. This generation has easily been the best for fighters ever... Just thinking about it:

SF2: Hyper

Super Turbo

MK1

MK2

MK3

UMK3

Soul Cal 1

Soul Cal 2 (shortly)

Tekken Tag

Guilty Gear

Mark of the Wolves

Various KoFs including 98

3s

Marvel 1

Marvel 2

Marvel Superheroes

Samurai Shodown 2

Fatal Fury Special

CvS2

I'm sure there are a ton more, and that doesn't even include disc based games like SF4, MK9 and UMvC3. I see very little reason to own a retro console for fighters these days.
good point. yeah, the rebuys/remakes are usually better since they either are in HD or online. I'm not even playing my PS2 games since I have no PS2 or compatible PS3.

I'm strongly considering selling my 360 since the last few games I have on it are only Fez (I can rebuy on steam) and Dead Rising OTR... I'd play the newer gears but I was turned off too much by it sadly.

EDIT:

progress... this is going to get projection mapped and animated on a cereal box... pretty happy with how it is turning out:

screen_shot_2013-07-23_at_2.53.24_pm.png

Might add sunglasses on the chicken if you guys think its a good idea

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha that's great Rolento - I like it how it is although sunglasses or maybe "hipster" style glasses might add to it.

The new Gears had a really solid campaign, by the way. Worth playing for that, although the multi was pretty lame.

Haha that's great Rolento - I like it how it is although sunglasses or maybe "hipster" style glasses might add to it.

The new Gears had a really solid campaign, by the way. Worth playing for that, although the multi was pretty lame.
I'll do glasses last since I'm on a tight schedule and it's just icing rather than necessary :p

I would go try Judgement but I just canceled my gamefly -_-

I cancelled my Gamefly about a month ago actually but will probably resubscribe once I get settled in at my place in Philly... I wanna play Tomb Raider still and I think that I'm just going to rent Pikmin 3 now. I was planning to buy it but the lack of any sort-of online multiplayer really kills it for me, even if just co-op of the story missions.

yeah, I've just been noticing I've been playing less and less large releases unlike I use to. I figured I'd be spending just as much buying the games then renting.

I miss CAG Fighting in Gears 1. That was too fun.

I had more things to worry about then going to EVO. To be honest, it was the last thing on my mind.
my work life is stressful,

my dating life is stressful,

if anything, EVO is my way to get the freak away from my worries lol.

now that it's over, I'm back to being stressed >_<

my work life is stressful,

my dating life is stressful,

if anything, EVO is my way to get the freak away from my worries lol.

now that it's over, I'm back to being stressed >_<
I'm not here to compare dick sizes or who has it worse.

Planning a trip to EVO among everything that was going on for (me personally) was not a concern of mine. That's great that it's an outlet for your stress, but again I'm not here to judge how people do or do not handle life's stresses.

I'm inspired to pick up TTT2 again. I've been playing too much DotA and League of Legends... I miss games with match times of 5 minutes, not 40 minutes. My sleep schedule misses it too.

I might pick up TTT2 again sometime - I do really enjoy the game it just didn't keep my interest for longer than about a month.

Also, yo happy birthday to AxC! Old ass man!

If you guys have a PS3 then download the free Tekken Revolution... I'm having more fun with it than (even with its many spammers) TTT2 mostly due to how old school tekken it feels since there's no bound in it.

It's also very much so a Tekken X SF Beta in a good way.

Happy B AXCore... may the humps be on your bumps!

Meh, it's free to play and has progression systems, neither of which I want in a fighting game.

I actually had a lot of fun with TTT2, I just got lazy when it came to learning new characters. I only know how to play Ling/Alisa.

Meh, it's free to play and has progression systems, neither of which I want in a fighting game.

I actually had a lot of fun with TTT2, I just got lazy when it came to learning new characters. I only know how to play Ling/Alisa.
there's an update in T:R that will eliminate the progression/stat system as an option so that'll clear up

I'd check it out if they released it on Xbox, which probably isn't going to happen ever....
They already stated it isn't coming to Xbox since Microsoft denied it due to the free-to-play nature of it.

I'll probably ebay my 360 but should I start somewhere else? it's an old white one with a 250gb drive plus other things and 2 games (DOAX2 and Oblivion ^_^ ) I still have the OG box and stuff too.

maybe craigslist since I do live in a college town as well with alot of rich frat kids

VxG fvck ups thus far: (Copy pasted from /r/kappa, credit to fdoom)

1) Not a lagless monitor. Brand being used is notorious for huge FPS delay.
2) Cancelled MvC2 Event for no real explanation.
3) Converter for controllers is a very bad brand and keeps disabling sticks during gameplay.
4) Hurricane is taking place near them.
5) Only 6 entrants for Tekken showed up.
6) Only 38 entrants for UMvC3 showed up.
7) Only 50 entrants for SF4 showed up.
8) Max and Doctor Doom doing commentary.
9) Just Frame James playing Marvel
10) Call of Duty tournament, trying to sign up fighting game players for it.
11) Haunts is streaming it and he still hasn't learned how to stream correctly even after all these years.
12) Combofiend is there but ISNT ALLOWED TO STREET FIGHTER, ONLY MVC3.
13) Justin Wong has refused to play any of the games and will only be commentating because of the MvC2 cancelled event.
14) Chris G is already complaining.
15) RIP has been DQ'd from VxG because they are not allowing DLC mirrors aka he can't double Law.
16) Persona has 4 entrants.
17) Mike Ross stick is broken. CoD player apparently kicked the bag it was in after he lost a game.
18) Some kid signed up under three different names in MK thus giving him 3 chances
19) VxG officials are pressuring marvel and sf players to play other games like cod and halo to boost numbers
20) VxG partnership with none other than Triforce/EMP.

They already stated it isn't coming to Xbox since Microsoft denied it due to the free-to-play nature of it.

I'll probably ebay my 360 but should I start somewhere else? it's an old white one with a 250gb drive plus other things and 2 games (DOAX2 and Oblivion ^_^ ) I still have the OG box and stuff too.

maybe craigslist since I do live in a college town as well with alot of rich frat kids
Yeah I'd try the Craigslist avenue first. Good luck with it.

VxG fvck ups thus far: (Copy pasted from /r/kappa, credit to fdoom)

1) Not a lagless monitor. Brand being used is notorious for huge FPS delay.
2) Cancelled MvC2 Event for no real explanation.
3) Converter for controllers is a very bad brand and keeps disabling sticks during gameplay.
4) Hurricane is taking place near them.
5) Only 6 entrants for Tekken showed up.
6) Only 38 entrants for UMvC3 showed up.
7) Only 50 entrants for SF4 showed up.
8) Max and Doctor Doom doing commentary.
9) Just Frame James playing Marvel
10) Call of Duty tournament, trying to sign up fighting game players for it.
11) Haunts is streaming it and he still hasn't learned how to stream correctly even after all these years.
12) Combofiend is there but ISNT ALLOWED TO STREET FIGHTER, ONLY MVC3.
13) Justin Wong has refused to play any of the games and will only be commentating because of the MvC2 cancelled event.
14) Chris G is already complaining.
15) RIP has been DQ'd from VxG because they are not allowing DLC mirrors aka he can't double Law.
16) Persona has 4 entrants.
17) Mike Ross stick is broken. CoD player apparently kicked the bag it was in after he lost a game.
18) Some kid signed up under three different names in MK thus giving him 3 chances
19) VxG officials are pressuring marvel and sf players to play other games like cod and halo to boost numbers
20) VxG partnership with none other than Triforce/EMP.
lol damn. i was gonna go next year.

Congrats to Professor Rolento on teaching classes at the college level this fall! Be proud of yourself.
thanks man... I would have started about 2 years ago but the administration at this school has their head up their ass (and I'm not being one sided about it)... been wanting to teach for so long. It's my last year in grad school and after that I can teach wherever :p

I've worked with Haunts before as a commentator for various events as well as a co-organizers for Starbase's Weekly Tournaments/Ranbats when they were going on.

For anyone to blame him for what he was given by the organizers, is fucking stupid. Streams can only do so much for what they are given and if you look at the rest of that list, he wasn't given much.

Congrats Rolento on your brain power!

thanks man... I would have started about 2 years ago but the administration at this school has their head up their ass (and I'm not being one sided about it)... been wanting to teach for so long. It's my last year in grad school and after that I can teach wherever :p
What class are you going to teach?

I still can't believe we missed we other at UF. If only you came there one year sooner :(

I've worked with Haunts before as a commentator for various events as well as a co-organizers for Starbase's Weekly Tournaments/Ranbats when they were going on.

For anyone to blame him for what he was given by the organizers, is fucking stupid. Streams can only do so much for what they are given and if you look at the rest of that list, he wasn't given much.

Congrats Rolento on your brain power!
The list is fake btw

I'd gladly buy ya one if you were returning from the US Armed Forces ;)

Hope to catch ya online!
Hey we have the same enemies, terror knows no borders!

Shit I missed that.. my fault! :( btw, I'd be down for either HD Remix or SF4 on Xbox but I don't have Live!

update: yes I do. Let me know if you want to play. Here's the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1256653/

Hey we have the same enemies, terror knows no borders!

So... can anyone hook a brotha up? I only have 3 weeks left before I go back to Israel? Anyone have any spare XBL codes lying around by chance???

Shit I missed that.. my fault! :(
I'll look in my game boxes today for 48 hour codes

48 hour code?!? foolish mortal I just linked to a free month! and it's been going strong for about half a year now.. solid

Attention nerds! I need help finding a decent computer to buy. I'll be flying back to Israel to start my graduate studies soon and figured now is a good time to get myself a decent rig, with the fourth generation Haswell cpus being out now. Anyway I'm looking for a nice laptop with a big screen. It'll mostly be used for school but having one good enough for gaming won't hurt either. I'd like a fourth generation core and want to spend $800 or less. Other than that I don't really know much. I should probably get an external gpu right? Is an i5 good enough? You guys come across any good deals lately?

Happy birthday!
Here's what I decided to get.

http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/P50/P50-ABT2G22/full

Just hope it gets before I go back to Israel! What do you guys think?

Also, should I immediately update to windows 8.1 beta or just wait for the final to come out?
If I was a computer guy I'd let you know about the Windows thing but I'm not really.

I will say that when I was buying a new computer a few years ago I got recommended a Toshiba by Smallwind and I love it. Thing still runs like a champ.

I ended up buying the Toshiba Satellite p50 for about $880 shipped. Pretty good deal I'd say. This will be my first ever good computer. I guess I'll try to get some fighting games for it and maybe take my arcade stick to Israel... how does it work with PC games like Street Fighter? I need to buy it for steam and then buy updates for it too? I don't want to wait for USF4 to come out.. if it ever does for PC.. but I'm not sure how it works exactly.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/30004849/ultra-street-fighter-4-on-gfwl?pg=last

the guys over there are saying that SF is for GFWL? But it also looks like it's on Steam? Are those two competing services? Meaning the people on one service can't play against the people on another? If so, that's completely insane... what's the deal?

speaking of, happy bee-lated bee-day BeeWind! aka Small Bee!!

jollibee2.jpg
I wish this was closer to where I live.

The only time I can get me some Jollibee is when I commute to the college I attend. There is one about 15 minutes from Campus.

On a side note, Doom/Strider is really fun to play. Trying to learn Zero/Doom/Strider as a new (main) team in UMVC3.

Hey ya'll. I'm leaving back to Israel next week so I decided to try to sell my Xbox collection. I already sold half of it last year so this is just what I have remaining. I figure I might as well since they'll be new systems out soon and I'm going to be in Israel for at least the next year.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/sys/4009999864.html

If anyone is interested please let me know.

btw, anyone here play PC games? I never really have but I'm planning on getting into it since I got a decent laptop coming in the mail soon. The latest Humble Indie Bundle is a really great deal. It's an EA/Origin bundle and there's a bunch of good games, also all of the money going to EA will go to charities. Spend anything and get 5 great games, or spend the average (I paid less than $5) and get those 5 games + Dead Space 3 and Battlefront 3.

bread's done
Back