Field Trip Only for Black Students

at first I thought this was ridiculous. but after reading the article, I think people are getting worked up over nothing.
does the article say this was a mandatory thing for all black students? it's just a school club going on a field trip. this is the equivalent of an atheist complaining that they are excluded from a field trip by the Fellowship of Christian Athletes

[quote name='myl0r']at first I thought this was ridiculous. but after reading the article, I think people are getting worked up over nothing.
does the article say this was a mandatory thing for all black students? it's just a school club going on a field trip. this is the equivalent of an atheist complaining that they are excluded from a field trip by the Fellowship of Christian Athletes[/QUOTE]The Fellowship of Christian Athletes is an extracurricular activity that happens after school. This is a bunch of elementary school kids who don't really understand all the race issues yet being told they can't go on a field trip. I would say its fine if its after school but there shouldn't be discrimination during school.

[quote name='depascal22']They should've had everyone go. All the children could've benefited from hearing from ANY kind of scientist.[/QUOTE]

Hey look I agree with you depascal!

Why are we teaching children that some things are for black people, and some things are for white people still?

What's really sad is that something that should have been an educational opportunity for all students morphed into adults dividing students by race, causing more social damage at the school than any benefit gained.

The black students would still benefit from seeing a black scientist if white students were there. They don't have to be the only ones there.

[quote name='myl0r'] this is the equivalent of an atheist complaining that they are excluded from a field trip by the Fellowship of Christian Athletes[/QUOTE]

This is COMPLETELY different. People choose to be religious or atheist. People don't choose their race.

This is basically reverse discrimination, and that's pure bullshit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Spazx hit the nail on the head. There is no way the principle couldn't see this coming. Guys got a chip on his shoulder.

[quote name='darkslime']The Fellowship of Christian Athletes is an extracurricular activity that happens after school. This is a bunch of elementary school kids who don't really understand all the race issues yet being told they can't go on a field trip. I would say its fine if its after school but there shouldn't be discrimination during school.[/QUOTE]

Not that it really matters, but when I was in high school the FCA really didn't really care whether or not you were Christian or an Athlete. My high school girlfriend was like the president or something and she made me go on some of the events with her.

...Anyways, I'm surprised no one picked this up from the article,"Parents have complained he was yelling at the class and belittled a Muslim girl who said she also had experienced racism and discrimination." The dude just sounds like a bit of a dick to me... Kids love field trips and everyone could have benefited from meeting a cool rocket scientist.

[quote name='numbier_wun']This is COMPLETELY different. People choose to be religious or atheist. People don't choose their race.[/QUOTE]
Oh, God dammit...

I just can not convince anyone on this, can I?

bread's done
Back