FIFA 10 or PES 2010? Opinions?

For me, Fifa's trump card is the versatility in terms of online game modes.. Online Be a Pro Mode, Online clubs, Interactive leagues, ranked/unranked matches, etc.

PES' problem in recent years has been simply terrible online latency. I believe this time that Konami has given up on their servers and entrusted Microsoft/Sony to take care of it.

PES has some fantastic graphics this time around. Alot of the players in the demo are just spot on. Guys like Marcos Senna of Villareal, Lassana Diarra of Real Madrid are easily recognizable.

I suggest you change Fifa 10 Demo's camera to Dynamic to get the best feel of Fifa's graphics.

I'm going with Fifa but its refreshing to see that Konami is improving the PES franchise again. It'll force EA to turn their game up for the next Fifa release.

I was a big PES fan till Fifa 09, now i'm converted
i'll give both a run through this fall from gamefly before i make a decision on whether buying a new iteration would be worth it, i'll probably skip this year for fifa 11

Fifa all the way there really is no competition in PES anymore. I was a PES fan for years but you want to talk about a sports game that never changes really? Madden has nothing on PES.

Xblaz23? Turn EA game up? I think you have that backwards because FIFA killed PES for the last couple years and its not just my opinion, reviews, boards, everywhere you look its Fifa all the way with only the most die hard Seabass fans claiming PES is close. PES has had an unforgivable horrid time jumping to next gen and at its best its pretty broken.

Dont get me wrong PES was a fantastic game around the PS1 and PS2 era but Fifa has made some crazy strides in the last few years.

Lives Seasons, Full 10 on 10 footie (that actually works mind you) 95% of all the leagues, clubs, kits etc, 2nd to none commentary(in my opinion the best commentary in any sports video game) I can go on and on.

Fifa gameplay is also on par or slightly ahead of PES now which was the biggest concern with Fifa in the first place. Now everything I see on the pitch is in the game so it no contest.

Last edited by a moderator:
You misunderstood me. I'm a Fifa fan, I prefer it. I still own Fifa 08 and 09.

Fifa has been superior the last few years especially in 09. When you're on top, you get too comfortable if you have no competition. Look at NBA Live for example. The NBA 2K series has forced EA to revamp the NBA Live series. Basically, when there is competition, we the consumers will win out. Therefore, I'll continue to support the FIFA franchise but part of me wants Konami to put out a respectable product so that EA does not get comfortable with the FIFA series. For example, the cut scenes from the FIFA 10 demo are pretty much the same from 09.

One thing I know EA can improve is more realistic player faces. Bosingwa and Daniel Alves were the most generic looking players ever in 09 lol. Bosingwa looked more like his Chelsea teammate, Alex.

Well, "Not am upgrade from last year," is a dime a trillion statement. You could add a million new animations, features, gameplay tweaks, etc and you would still have a good portion of people sayings it not much of an upgrade.

That and the game isnt even out yet so there is no way you could even tell if it wasnt much of a upgrade anyway..unless this guy is in the UK but I believe it doesnt come out there until the 3rd.

I played the demo for a day and saw 12 new animations and noticed the new keeper AI.

I grew up with PES or Winning Eleven or whatever you want to call it. Fifa was only big in America for the longest time(a lot of the reason being that they didn't release the PES version here until maybe the Playstation or PS2 I could be wrong though)

I started playing Pro everytime I would go to Spain. It all started on the SNES for me and since then I was always anti-FIFA. FIFA's problem was that it was not a true futbol experience. It seemed more like it should be called Fifa Street. The only thing realistic about it was the player's names and kits, that's it.

Then, I played FIFA '08 and I was amazed and I couldn't believe I was playing an actual FIFA game. It felt real but I was still doubting it. Then FIFA '09 came out and I never looked back. FIFA '10 may be the "same game" as '09 but what sports game isn't nowadays?

EA Canada has done an incredible job with the game, the lead developer was actually one a developer for the Pro series and he was always anti-FIFA so that should speak for itself.

FIFA '10 will become the first soccer franchise to fully support full "360 degree movement" from players to add to the realistic experience.

Pro is a solid franchise no doubt, but at this point the game isn't comparable to FIFA what so ever.

Master League is seriously the only thing keeping PES afloat. Christ the hours I have put into a master league. Although I have to note the Manger Mode in Fifa is pretty damn good. Plus the Be A Pro Mode was fucking outstanding, I spent just as much time in BAP as I did with any Master League. Hell you should get Fifa just for the BAP mode its that good.

The only thing I wish is for a true world cup mode, PES came pretty damn close a couple years back and Fifa seems to be completely ignoring this altogether. Guessing that something to do with the World Cup game they have to shove down our throats.

Fifa was never meant for the World Cup and especially since the World Cup is just a year away they will not anything significant to this year's. Regardless, FIFA has always been about club play and I'm satisified with that.

FIFA also substantially beefed up their Manager mode for this year and supposedly transfers and bidding are much more realistic this year than ever before. Computer teams will actually bid on other players and you won't be able to sign someone just because you have the money to. It will be something similar to Madden I think.

• another mention of the cpu rotating its squad
  • able to view ai lineups prior to match (can we edit them?)
  • not enough players bug during negotiations isn't appearing
  • no more promoted teams in ecc
  • shortlist!!!
  • more injuries (?)
  • stadium assignment
  • more appropriate generated names
  • transfers during preseason
  • transfer rumors

I want a GOOD all around PES game dammit. PES 2009 was my 1st next gen WE/PES and it was so iffy...especially with an Xbox controller I guess. I've gone years without the FIFA polish, I'll check out the demos to see if it plays any better than I remember.

PES was king until FIFA 08 and then they started to get surpassed, at first it was slight, but the divide has just gotten bigger. I'm pretty much a solid FIFA convert now and it will take a major effort for PES to regain the top spot. Its not as wide a divide as EA NHL over 2K NHL, but EA has definitely gotten their act together on these two sports especially.

Also a former Pes fan until fifa 08. Now pes can't hold a candle to fifa. And to those that say nothing has changed in fifa 10, you might have to look a little bit deeper. We still dont know how the manager and other modes not available in the demo have been revamped. Plus just take a look at player dribbling and the way you push players off the ball and you can clearly see a difference from fifa 09. Sometimes if something isnt broken, you shouldn't fix it. So the minor tweaks might not be a bad thing. I do believe that competition is great for everything as well so I do hope that PES can clean their camp up and get a true competitor out there.

bread's done
Back