Fifa 11 or NBA 2k11?

brianyip28

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
so i have been debating which one to get.

i heard nba 2k11 is considered as one of the best sports games ever, yet i also heard that the replayability gets dull after a while. i'm a huge basketball fan myself, which is why i'm leaning toward nba 2k11. playing as michael jordan seems amazing too.

on the other hand, i heard fifa 11 is great. living in the united states, i didn't grow up watching soccer, but after the world cup, i want to start to follow soccer. i heard fifa is extremely fun and playing as the goalkeeper is great.

if you own both, could you tell me which one you like better? or should i get both? black friday is coming up, so i'm not sure if i should wait until then to buy a copy.

thanks

How can the "replayability" of any sports game be questioned? You either play the game a crap ton while the season is going on or you don't. Almost every sports game these days has multiple modes to get wrapped up in. Franchise, Be a GM, My Player/Be a Pro, Ultimate Team, Online Leagues, etc. NBA 2K11 has the added Jordan Challenges and Blacktop mode as well. It's not like there's a shortage of things to do. The "replay value" is really up to you. I could basically make that exact same argument with Fifa though. Both are great games. It's really just about whatever you'd have more fun with.

Also, in case you haven't looked at the general NBA 2K11 thread yet, KMart is selling it for $40 this week.

FIFA 11 all day, every day.

The Player-Manager mode (as well as Player and Manager separately) makes going through multiple seasons something you actually want to do. Building up your created player's stats over time and being able to assign traits/abilities to your player to make him more personalized is really rewarding.

It should be noted that I'm generally waaay more into FIFA games than NBA games, or just basketball itself.

It really depends on which sport you like the best. They are both excellent games. I am not a very big basketball fan though so NBA 2K11, while great isn't something that I get much enjoyment from.

On the other hand I am a huge fan of soccer and I love FIFA 11. You can't really go wrong with either game though. FIFA 11 did just add the Ultimate Team mode this year and the mode is free, with the catch being you'll likely spend a ton of money buying packs of cards.

bread's done
Back