Fight Club Blu-Ray $9.17 at Frys [DEAD]

Wow, sold out. I had to use a gc with Amazon to get it for this price; would've been nice to have been able to save that gc for something else.

It's not sold out. I called CS and they're having problems too. It looks like a price mistake that they're trying to fix.

Thanks OP. Grabbed my receipt and got the PM earlier today at Best Buy. I didn't think I could do better than Wal-Mart's $15.86.

The "prank" is funny as hell when you first watch it. The actual Fight Club main menu is cool as hell too. It's basically the mock Ikea catalog scene and as it pans around it morphs into a catalog for the Paper Street house.

Looks like it's no longer on the site - at all. There's no searchable database entry for it, and the direct link in the OP no longer works.

Hmmm, the link is working fine for me, and I can still select it for in-store pick up, at a cost of $9.17!!!

But I really don't want to effing have to drive over to Manhattan Beach today or tomorrow to get it, shit.

LOL, I just printed out the page with the price as well as the cart page with the price. I will go get it PMed at Best Buy or Target.

Picked up 2 in store. $19.94 AFTER tax. Didn't have to price match. Computer rang up as sale price. Didnt' even limit the amount I purchased. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Slashdot']Picked up 2 in store. $19.94 AFTER tax. Didn't have to price match. Computer rang up as sale price. Didnt' even limit the amount I purchased. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Wait, that was the normal price? That's very interesting if that is the case.

Man SSJMichael, thank you for posting this!!!

I took the printout of the Fry's page as well as the movie in the cart, to the Best Buy a block away from my office, and got them to pricematch it.

The manager was NOT happy by any stretch of the imagination, trying to find any way to get out of it. I told him, "hey that's the Fry's advertised price online AND in store, I have it for in store pick up at the Manhattan Beach location, I wanted to see if you guys would match it...please call the store to see if it's in stock and verify the price if you don't believe me..."

He did not call my bluff, and hooked me up. $9.17 plus tax came to $10.07 (stupid Cali tax...GRRRRR!!!). It helped that I was appreciative and polite though, I'd imagine. WOOTS! I really did NOT want to fight batshit crazy traffic driving over to Fry's!!!

[quote name='karkyco']Man SSJMichael, thank you for posting this!!!

I took the printout of the Fry's page as well as the movie in the cart, to the Best Buy a block away from my office, and got them to pricematch it.

The manager was NOT happy by any stretch of the imagination, trying to find any way to get out of it. I told him, "hey that's the Fry's advertised price online AND in store, I have it for in store pick up at the Manhattan Beach location, I wanted to see if you guys would match it...please call the store to see if it's in stock and verify the price if you don't believe me..."

He did not call my bluff, and hooked me up. $9.17 plus tax came to $10.07 (stupid Cali tax...GRRRRR!!!). It helped that I was appreciative and polite though, I'd imagine. WOOTS! I really did NOT want to fight batshit crazy traffic driving over to Fry's!!![/QUOTE]

:applause: for a fellow LA CAG sticking to his guns against Best Buy. I can't tell you how many times they've tried to worm their way out of following their own policies. LA Best Buy managers rank among the most flagrant liars I've ever seen.

I've had one tell me once that corporate got rid of pricematching and that the store simply hadn't yet taken down the huge policy sign printed on the wall. I called his bluff and asked for proof. He decided to give me the pricematch as a special one-time favor. :roll:

[quote name='munch']Wait, that was the normal price? That's very interesting if that is the case.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I should have been more clear. What I meant to say was the price rang up as $9 when the blu-ray was scanned. There was no limit on how many you could buy (even though the add says one per household). That's what I meant.

[quote name='Slashdot']Sorry, I should have been more clear. What I meant to say was the price rang up as $9 when the blu-ray was scanned. There was no limit on how many you could buy (even though the add says one per household). That's what I meant.[/QUOTE]

Did you do instore pickup? If so, I think what they scanned was your pick-up slip as there was a barcode on that that the checkout clerk scanned that allowed Fight Club to be rung up at the online price, that's what I saw her do for me, otherwise the instore price was marked on the shelf as $16.95.

[quote name='lawdood']Did you do instore pickup? If so, I think what they scanned was your pick-up slip as there was a barcode on that that the checkout clerk scanned that allowed Fight Club to be rung up at the online price, that's what I saw her do for me, otherwise the instore price was marked on the shelf as $16.95.[/QUOTE]

I drove to the store, pulled 2 off the shelf, and paid at the register. Both rang up $9.17 before tax. The cashier didn't scan/press/say anything. Hope that helps.

link isn't working for me.

Is this offer good in-store as well? I'm just wondering how ymmv this is since it takes a while for me to drive to my local frys.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']link isn't working for me.

Is this offer good in-store as well? I'm just wondering how ymmv this is since it takes a while for me to drive to my local frys.[/QUOTE]

I'll check my local fry's tomorrow and post back. I go to the one on Brokaw.

Thanks, rapsodist. Yeah, I've had crappy experiences before with LA Best Buy's failing to pricematch and trying to worm their way out of PMs any which way they could...EXACTLY as you described with some of the managers. I don't even bother shopping there much, only for the convenience of their location for a pricematch to Fry's or whatnot...or in those extremely rare cases when they actually have a good deal/clearance on something.

[quote name='mrpmosh']i hope amazon price matches this in the coming days.[/QUOTE]

Did you or anyone send amazon a note with a link to the page? You gotta stick it in their face sometimes...

[quote name='mrpmosh']i hope amazon price matches this in the coming days.[/QUOTE]
Frys isn't a nationwide retailer, Amazon never matches them.

[quote name='charles1028']FYI, the online price is showing 17.21 for me. Deal may be over.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's dead online which is why I added B&M only to the title. It said online the price was valid from 11/20 - 11/25. Not sure if it still works in stores today though.

The online price with shipping was around .50 cheaper than Amazon so not a huge loss. This is really for those that had Frys in their area

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah it's dead online which is why I added B&M only to the title. It said online the price was valid from 11/20 - 11/25. Not sure if it still works in stores today though.

The online price with shipping was around .50 cheaper than Amazon so not a huge loss. This is really for those that had Frys in their area[/QUOTE]

Ah, that did not register with me obviously. In that case, I'll head over to my local Fry's at lunch (Anaheim, CA) and see if the price still rings up at $9. Thanks.

[quote name='charles1028']Ah, that did not register with me obviously. In that case, I'll head over to my local Fry's at lunch (Anaheim, CA) and see if the price still rings up at $9. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

can you let us know if it works still at your B&M? If it does work, guess I am heading to the Concord, CA B&M to grab a couple as gifts :)

[quote name='crovakiet']can you let us know if it works still at your B&M? If it does work, guess I am heading to the Concord, CA B&M to grab a couple as gifts :)[/QUOTE]

Dud. Rang up as $16.95 in-store. This was the Fry's in Anaheim, CA.

Fight Club Blu-ray received a 93/100 score on avsforum!

I hate it when they release something to blu-ray and it looks like crap... ie. Terminator 2, Crash. That's why I always check avsforum before I buy a blu-ray. Nice find op!

bread's done
Back