Fight Night 360. Who got it? Who Wants to fight me?

I always use the free trainer. My Ali is really, really strong, but rather slow. I often win fights because my opponent can't continue.

The Burger King guy is free and his specialty is "Heart" though it doesn't really show it in the training rundowns. Your Heart stats are still affected negatively on the sessions. And he only shows up at the entrance.

Working my way to the ESPN PPV Fight (about 25 fights in) and the fights are going longer into the 7th and 8th round for me. I'll probably lose them all if I switch over to Hard.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I'm hopping on now if anyone wants to fight, besides coolieman that is. I don't need to lose anymore :)[/quote]If anyone else wants a win to boost their confidence, I'm your opponent.

I'll give it a shot with someone when I have time. I'm doing well in career but I expect I will get smacked around online. My XBL name is Crowbb Live

Why is it harder to parry with config 3? It seems like config 3 still allows you to use total control to punch and parry, but maps jab and hooks to the buttons as an extra. Just wondering...

Probably the way they hold it, claw-style with index and middle finger on the buttons instead of just the thumb. Hard to reach the R-Trigger that way.

[quote name='mackaikai']is it possible to change the controller configuration for the xbox live fights? i hate the 2 joystick config ;([/QUOTE]

Yea its possible. When your in the lobby. The option to change config is in the last tab. Search around in there. Should find it

[quote name='coolieman2001']Yea its possible. When your in the lobby. The option to change config is in the last tab. Search around in there. Should find it[/QUOTE]

thanks, found it! =)

damn this game is fun!

[quote name='mackaikai']is it possible to throw haymakers with config 3?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's called using the Analog Stick. :)

I hope Round 4 will get rid of the Button Config's and force people to actually give the analog stick a try.

More skill? Yes. Button Mashing Config's? Newbie Shit.

I just got my game Wednesday and had my first online match last night...I was De la Hoya and my opponent had Sugar Ray Robinson. He dropped me in the first, and put me in the knockout moment a couple of times in the next two rounds, but I adjusted and pretty much dominated the rest of the fight and finally dropped him late. I ended up taking the decision in the end.

This game is definitely a ton of fun!

If anyone wants to play, just put me on your friends list....I should be on more often now.....

[quote name='mackaikai']is it possible to throw haymakers with config 3?[/quote]

I'm fairly certain this is the config that I'm using. If it is, then haymakers are the small shoulder buttons.

I can't believe how much more difficult this game is when you use total punch control. I've been crusing through career mode since I switched to a button configuration. It also helped to do a couple of tutorials through the sparring training part.

Bump to say I finally got this game and I'm amazed - its fantastic. The demo left me saying "meh" but I'm really having fun with it.

Does anyone still play this online? If so give me an add, and we'll do some boxing this weekend.

I love how the AI becomes a parry machine after a certain point...

did I say love? I think that's a typo. The word is LOATHE. Yes, that's it: loathe.

It's a punishment for jabbing, I'm sure of it.

[quote name='Gojtron']I wouldn't say that, I'm still able to jab late in fights. It's just a question of picking your spots.[/QUOTE]

I still get in about 100-120 jabs in a six-round match, but i used to do at least two times that amount. Now I feel like they gave the AI a bit too much in the way of anticipating punches that I go to great length not to telegraph.

Maybe it's just the 99 stamina, 99 chin, 99 body some of these bastards have. I find I enjoy the fights against the real boxers they have spattered in there, since not only do they have normal stats but they fight more realistically. I'll go 8, 9 rounds with Roy Jones or Holyfield and have a real even battle the whole way... even when I lose those fights I had a great time getting there.

The fake fighters are just unbalanced crapfests... it's gotten to the point I just avoid Philly Shell characters because they just sit there and turtle, parrying everything.

(great game, though, seriously)

I still don't agree that config 3 gives some sort of advantage and that the game should be stick only. I've gotten my ass beat by many people using the stick controls. First, its better for countering and the power punches. Sure a couple of novices might give an advantage to the buttons, but the best players are going to learn the stick.

With that said, I don't use the stick because I don't want my controller worn out. The quick motions this game needs are an unecessary wear on the controller.

Would anyone be interested in a tournament/league? If so I'll get more into some of the ideas I have.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I still don't agree that config 3 gives some sort of advantage and that the game should be stick only. I've gotten my ass beat by many people using the stick controls. First, its better for countering and the power punches. Sure a couple of novices might give an advantage to the buttons, but the best players are going to learn the stick.

With that said, I don't use the stick because I don't want my controller worn out. The quick motions this game needs are an unecessary wear on the controller.

Would anyone be interested in a tournament/league? If so I'll get more into some of the ideas I have.[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly why I use config 3. I used to soley use the stick for punching, but after a white ring o' dust started showing up on my controller, I said screw it, switching to buttons, ill be a little slower in my blocking (since I have to move my thumb down to the stick), and I'll use the stick for my power punches.

I'd rather have a working controller than win some extra fights online.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I still don't agree that config 3 gives some sort of advantage and that the game should be stick only. I've gotten my ass beat by many people using the stick controls. First, its better for countering and the power punches. Sure a couple of novices might give an advantage to the buttons, but the best players are going to learn the stick.

Would anyone be interested in a tournament/league? If so I'll get more into some of the ideas I have.[/QUOTE]

I'am very interested in a league or tournament.

[quote name='FrankySox']Is the gameplay faster in the actual game than it was in the demo?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, thats what I heard.

I just got done playing a ton of FN3, and I actually lost twice. It sucks because the only reason I lost is I didn't know how to get up from being knocked down. Finally I figured it out after the second loss.

Also I realized I hadn't been going to the body enough. Now I work the body as much as the face and I'm having much more success with my fighter. I think I'm now 15-2 - all of my wins have been either by knockout or referee stopping it.

I need some more practice on this game, I rented it a while ago and decided to buy it but i haven't had the time to play it. If someone is setting up a league I'd be down to play. just let me know.

bread's done
Back